Deleted

BF3 - Very High End PC - Drops to 45 FPS

I'm sitting here with a top-end computer and I'm getting drops in FPS down to 45 FPS when I play, this happens a lot more on the CQ maps (64 players).

I have an i7-2500 at 3.5Ghz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz and running two Sapphire HD 7950 OC (factory overclock) in crossfire.
    I have the latest drivers. I have Crossfire profile set to Battlefield 3. I have Vsync off.

My PC should NOT be dropping down to 45 FPS in ANY situation.
    It goes up to 120 at best, and keeps around 60:ish. But seriously, it should NEVER drop down below 60. Ever.

What's going on here? What could be the issue?

the human eye can only see 30 fps anyway, right? or did i mix my numbers up somewhere?
    dunno why it's an issue.

games perform better at higher fps
    for instance capcom specifically made dmc3 run at 60 fps so the controls were tighter

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    the human eye can only see 30 fps anyway, right? or did i mix my numbers up somewhere?
    dunno why it's an issue.
    The human can see more than 30 fps, it's very subtle, but very noticeable with fluid explosions and action. Dark slow scenes will be hardly noticed but at an intense play rate it's very frustrating. It's more than a number.

As for the issue itself it may be the new maps, i remember when the game was in Closed Beta and had really big Frame rate issues before launch. You could try rolling back on drivers to a later version. Any frame rate issue will be dependent on your Video cards, Battlefield 3 was made to push cards to the limit at the current era.

with 64 player CQ maps it could be assumed its just the massive amount of players with the more detailed maps pushing the cards, other than that I can't imagine whats wrong.
    Last edited by Defaulty; 2012-06-17 at 02:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    The human can see more than 30 fps, it's very subtle, but very noticeable with fluid explosions and action. Dark slow scenes will be hardly noticed but at an intense play rate it's very frustrating. It's more than a number.

As for the issue itself it may be the new maps, i remember when the game was in Closed Beta and had really big Frame rate issues before launch. You could try rolling back on drivers to a later version. Any frame rate issue will be dependent on your Video cards, Battlefield 3 was made to push cards to the limit at the current era.

with 64 player CQ maps it could be assumed its just the massive amount of players with the more detailed maps pushing the cards, other than that I can't imagine whats wrong.
    I suppose that must be it. But that just really pisses me off. How could my high end system suffer from this year old games new maps? It's ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2012-06-17 at 04:38 AM ----------

dunno why it's an issue.
    Then don't respond.

Seems weird that it would drop that far down with that GPU, has to be the CPU at that point. I have a 5780 and running game on high without dropping beneath 60. i7 2600k @4.4GHz if you were wondering.

And I hope you mean conquest not close quartes when you say 64 player CQ >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez- View Post
    Seems weird that it would drop that far down with that GPU, has to be the CPU at that point. I have a 5780 and running game on high without dropping beneath 60. i7 2600k @4.4GHz if you were wondering.

And I hope you mean conquest not close quartes when you say 64 player CQ >.>
    I run it on Ultra 4xMSAA and 16x AF in 1920x1080.

CQ means Close Quarters. Any other maps in the game that aren't Close Quarters run just fine. So as the other guy said, the added destruction plus 64 players on a small map might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    CQ means Close Quarters. Any other maps in the game that aren't Close Quarters run just fine. So as the other guy said, the added destruction plus 64 players on a small map might do it.
    i would agree. that many people in a small area will be hell on almost any machine

Deleted
    Myself I play with 25-30 fps, laptop ftw.

dunno why it's an issue.
    Wrong, the eye sees everything. But your brain is limiting the amount of "FPS" you notice as it would otherwise be highly exhausting to process.
    A trained mind will easily notice the difference between 30 and anything above.

The new maps with 64 players too much explosions/bullets and shit.
    But its really strange, my PC isn't strong anymore (phenom II X4, 5770), but the map that i had more fps is in Metro 64 players, and you know, in Metro conquest 64, the combat stays really close at the mid base. Maybe is the "hd-destruction" that is in the trailer.

Btw, when the CQ-only dlc will launch? i want to play, not enought money to buy Premium this month.
    Last edited by Blackdecker; 2012-06-17 at 03:42 AM.

dunno why it's an issue.
    Maybe because you play on consoles you fucking tard.

Anyways even my rig(2500k, 7970 OC) drops fps when there's a lot of action going on.
    Also, turning down MSAA or turning it off all together helps a lot with fps. It taxes rigs by a stupid amount