Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I have been BGing since vanilla was exalted with the AV/AB back then, but we lose WSG so much and the rep gain when you do win is so meager I only recently got Honored with it, so I think it could use a rep bump others are more than fine.

Deleted
    yeah we do need better ways to farming reputation for the bgs. we could go back to getting some tokens after a BG for Rep only.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeles View Post
    It is a long grind, but that's why you get the title. If everyone had it, it wouldn't be as valuable.
    I don't understand your point. The title would require work regardless of whether or not they nerfed the requirements.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeles View Post
    [/COLOR]wah wah wah gimme gimme gimme im entitled
    Yes, everyone is entitled to a stupid position, I agree.

I've done this grind in wrath/cata, it's very long, I wish it were shorter so more people could have this cool title. Most reps aren't this difficult.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has farmed AB, post vanilla (I started in BC, and never used emblems for rep) the rep grind does seem a little excessive. I don't think it should just be handed out, but it does seem a bit trivial that AV can be farmed in a day, and wsg and AB take months if not years depending on how much you play. But then again, do any of you expect anything but trivial nonsense when it comes to Blizz. This is the same company that took out mounts/titles from the easiest raid in wotlk, if not ever, but left the harder ones, even though they are a complete cakewalk now. (Also please no one turn this thread into a bring back nax mounts, there are several that already exist, I was just making an example.)

As far as people claiming that its not fair that you have to choose between farming those reps and getting conquest from randoms, that attitude seems to be complete entitlement. If you want points, find one other person and do 2's. Yeah, you may get your ass kicked until you both get a feel for each others strengths and weaknesses, but at low rating you will be going against a fair number of other people who are just trying to points cap as well. And once you get a feel and start getting wins you will get capped way faster than grinding random bgs.

And before anyone starts the "I hate arena, I REFUSE to do that." All I have to say to that is beggars can't be choosers. And no, I am not a hardcore arena player. My wife and I play together to get points capped weekly, and sometimes just mess around seeing how we fair against other comps. We don't push for super high rating because we both prefer bg style pvp. But, we realize that arena is the fastest way to get points capped (aside from being on a decent rbg team).

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 03:33 PM ----------

Also, the people that are complaining "Three hundred wsg, omg fuck you blizz." Have any of you considered that the pvp titles are maybe there primarily for the pure pvpers? I bet the raiders would bust a gut laughing if a hardcore pvper said "Heroic raids are way too hard and it takes too much time to get together a group. I want my heroic deathwing title this week."

And yes, I do both, not particularly hardcore in either regard, but I'm not demanding nerfs to everything I participate in either.
    Last edited by axeplay; 2012-06-25 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    it should be hard to get.this game is way to easy as is,and achs will only get easier.
    Agree with you to a certain extent. Yes, it should be hard, but depends on your definition of it. Right now it's just a very long grind and to me grinding is not hard, just boring.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking with my wife about this today, and she had a very good idea, in my opinion. Battle for Gilneas should give defilers rep, and Twin Peaks should give warsong rep. That way you could farm rep without doing the exact same bg map over and over. I doesn't even really break lore, well maybe the wsg/tp thing, but seriously, who cares about that?

or just farm the bgs the rep comes from can people stop asking for nerfs to the title its fine as it is

I like playing a random BG sometimes, so after all the time I'm exalted with every faction except Frostwolf Clan but I'm very close there too.
    I hate AV but I'm currently farming the rep to full.
    WSG and Arathi are fun BGs thankfully.
    And my view is: "It's not a grind when it's fun"

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently working on the WSG rep. Its a pretty tough slogs, but that's the idea.
    Only change I'd like to see make, is to give an extra 38 rep for a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's meant to be hard, deal with it.
    Stop trying to make everything super easy to achieve, look where this got you. Free epicz from running dungeons and LFR.
    Be a proper player and earn it.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

As someone who has exalted rep on my main but not on my alt, I wish the rep grind was easier - i don't think it would be devalued. The grind wouldn't have to be too easy, just easier than it currently is.

What I was thinking was if the respective BG tabards were available at Friendly rep and then wearing the tabard would either increase the rep gained or have some per HK X amount of rep gained (though not sure if this would encourage HK farming). Just something to alleviate the current grind.

Deleted
    People complaining about nerfs either were not around in vanilla or just completly forgot about it but you got 3 marks for a win and 1 for a loss in any BG. You could turn those marks in for rep for their respective faction. So it was actually quite decent pace to get the reputation needed.

Deleted
    It was easy to get rep in wotlk, becouse bg's where so much more fun for me on my warrior, I got exalted with AB and WSG and got crazy amount off HK's like that too. But bg's atm is dumb unless you are a rogue or mage.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    "Nerf nerf nerf".

This is why the game is in its current state, because every time someone sees something mildly difficult they ask for nerfs. Just do it, everyone else (who has it) did.
    They did nerf the amount of rep you get in AB for things with the start of the 2nd season of RBGs bringing it inline with how quickly you get WSG rep. As Cows For Life mentioned removing the mark turn in also greatly slowed the rate you can complete this. Not all nerfs or changes make the game easier or getting different things done easier.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleinflex View Post
    Anyone else think its time to find a better way to get reputation with the defilers and WSG? Been playing this game for 6 years now and still not exalted with anyone else then the frostwolf clan
    You just need to do more bgs then.
    I am exalted wsg/ab/av on 2 85s and three 70s (two of the 70s I made less than a year ago).
    It is really really slow but if you do bgs regularly you will also get it eventually. Chances are you will get it roughly the same time as you get "of the horde/alliance".

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    or just farm the bgs the rep comes from can people stop asking for nerfs to the title its fine as it is
    lol. how is returning the rep grind to its previous form a nerf?

let me repeat myself

in vanilla
    it was easier
    to grind ab/wsg rep
    then it is now.

i hate wsg with a passion. its a juvenile concept for a bg, and the map has a plethora of issues i really don't want to list right now.

i don't want to have to endure 600+ games of watching pve scum backpeddle around, fail to understand DRs and still win because god forbid mages and rogues have a bad season in arena.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"