397. This poll is closed
  • Yes

240 60.45%
  • No

157 39.55%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    First of all - Titan Quest is better.

Second, there's only maybe 20 hours of gameplay in Diablo 3, less if you're looking for unique gameplay. Most of it involves kiting mobs, fenangling a gear scaffold on the auction house, and grinding.

The game is incredibly boring, tedious, and has very little unique content. Click click click click. Time to take my haul to the auction house unless I wanna vendor it all for 500 gold.

I've been playing Warcraft 3 for almost 9 years. I'm not likely to go back to playing Diablo 3 for another week.

I can't reccomend D3 to anyone, even hardcore arpg fans (especially them actually)

Hmm, last I checked D3 had a free trial like wow does. Give that a shot and come back here and tell us what you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest it to anyone who wants to just have fun with the game, Its not the best game I've ever played but it sure is a fun game. Even though it has its setbacks like the RMAH and the whole motive of now having to farm money to get the items rather than farming items.. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'll go against the grain a little here. Leveling two or three classes to level 60 by playing the game as intended, grabbing some gear from the AH, clearing zones, etc. will net you a pretty easy 80-100 hours of play. And you can repeat all of that in Hardcore mode if you wish. The content works pretty much exactly like D2 did: you just keep repeating it as you go further and further along.

I'm very deliberately avoiding talking about anything to do with Inferno or the RMAH or any of that. The calculation purely and simply is that if 80-100 hours of playing is worth $60 then you might enjoy it as long as you understand what the game is. For me, the game is a ridiculous amount of fun through from the start all the way to Act IV of Hell.

It can be done more quickly if you wish, by limiting the content even further and repeating tiny pieces of it over and over. If that's your style, then no, not worth it.

So, a qualified yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the annual pass and I still don't think Diablo 3 is worth 60 bucks.

It just isn't, I'm sorry. For 60 bucks there should've been more content, not difficulty.

Blizzard will have some nerve to charge people for content patches who got the game before any price drop. I'd love to say they're making oodles of cash from the RMAH, but it's probably all going towards maintaining servers.

I really don't even play WoW all that much anymore. I try to, but I honestly don't want spoil content for the next expansion. I just want to playtest classes, since that's really the only reason I keep playing it.

Right now, until they add more patches/content, it's not worth 60 bucks unless you actually plan on using the RMAH.

Gaming industry is just too fucking lazy these days with the exploitation of the "dlc" mentality. They throw an unfinished product at you and sell you the rest of it when they feel like they need more money.

But don't get me wrong, I enjoy the crap out of Diablo 3. There just isn't enough to enjoy for a $60 price tag and online-only play riddled with security holes that even an authenticator can't save you from. Singleplayer or with friends, don't ever public. Playing public games is like playing finger fillet with your account.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-06-19 at 07:20 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I've never played D1 or D2, i've tried them, but never really liked them.
    D3 on the other hand i like alot, but as they say; the game is repetitive to say the least. (so was D1/D2)

And like alot of people here, if you play the game 20 hours a day and repeat the same content 20 times in 1-2 weeks then yes of course you get tired of it, at least for a little while -_-
    The game was hyped up and people expected more than they recieved i guess.
    There should have been a little more content if you ask me, but the storytelling in awesome! *drewl* cinematics *drewl*

Barbarian was really fun to level and play etc (smashing your way through everything), but once you each level 60 and inferno you'll have a rough time
    Demon hunters are really fun also, doing sick damage with the right gear
    That's the only level 60's i have for now.

And from what i've read so far the next patch is bringing lots of improvements to the game.
    Which includes class changes, AH improvements buffs/nerfs (QQ more whiners ) and other changes.

I'd say yes, it's worth $60.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    here just isn't enough to enjoy for a $60 price tag and online-only play riddled with security holes that even an authenticator can't save you from. Singleplayer or with friends, don't ever public. Playing public games is like playing finger fillet with your account.
    I haven't had a single security problem since launch, and i play public all the time.
    Last edited by Dyminator; 2012-06-19 at 07:35 AM.
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Deleted
    It has good gameplay but horrible story, dialogue and only mediocre graphics and sound. Cinematics are great but you can watch them on youtube so... Overall 6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether or not you like a game is completely subjective and people on here are either going to be D3 'supporters' or 'haters'.

Personally, I like the game. But as I got it through the AP - I am not sure if I would think 100% the same if I had spent £40 on it.

I have over 200+ hours played on several characters and I am not bored yet - not sure how many others games would have kept my attention that long..

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    online-only play riddled with security holes that even an authenticator can't save you from. Singleplayer or with friends, don't ever public. Playing public games is like playing finger fillet with your account.
    Load of crap.
    Last edited by Saeran; 2012-06-19 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    First of all - Titan Quest is better.

Second, there's only maybe 20 hours of gameplay in Diablo 3, less if you're looking for unique gameplay. Most of it involves kiting mobs, fenangling a gear scaffold on the auction house, and grinding.

The game is incredibly boring, tedious, and has very little unique content. Click click click click. Time to take my haul to the auction house unless I wanna vendor it all for 500 gold.

I've been playing Warcraft 3 for almost 9 years. I'm not likely to go back to playing Diablo 3 for another week.
    you say titan quest is beter and then go and say how diablo 3 is boring, tedious and very little unique content... Titan quest was shit tier compared to D3 in every aspect of the game... it was so bad that I couldn't give it more than 2 maybe 3 hours and half of that was me wondering why I keep playing...

Anyway OP, if you like to kill mobs in fast paced action, lots of loots(not always good loots, heck most of the time it's crap), and killing more mobs then d3 is for you. If you want a decent story, and pretty good voice acting with a decent amount of unique zones and mobs then d3 is for you.

I played it for a few hundred hours and I regret nothing, but I don't log in that much anymore... well maybe I will now that they released patch 1.0.3

Deleted
    must buy 10char

Deleted
    Last time i got 100+ hours of gameplay for 60 euro was a long time ago.
    I'd say it's a yes

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like the Diablo franchise it is worth a buy unless you are in the mindset that Diablo 2 is the be all end all then you are probably better off ignoring Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No. Save your money and buy tl2. It 1/3 the cost and is 10x the game. D3 fails in every possible aspect. Good story? Nope Replayability? Nope Decent graphics? Nope.
    TL2 graphics are way worse. If you are going to attack Diablo 3 be at least consistent. Not saying that TL2 isn't worth the money as it is but the graphics of TL2 are really pretty poor compared to Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally addicted. So i would say yes
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say better wait for Torchlight 2 since at the moment there is no much you can do beside turn yourself into a bot and mindlessly killing the same things over and over again, and i'm not judging the genre since this is the essence of this games but the rewards you're getting for the time spend on the game.

You can't skip AH you have to buy things to advance and you need gold to acquire them.massive amounts of it, that will work only by rejecting your normal life and farm gold 10 hours per day or by simply buy gold through RMAH, either way doesn't not fit my style.

Yeah it's ugly but that's the truth.
    The game is fun If you have endless time or you don't care about spending your real money to buy digital items, otherwise skip it.

If friends are playing/willing to play then yes it isn't to bad. That how I felt about Diablo 2 as well though. If your friends aren't playing/willing then imo no.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely worth it if you're into the genre at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the game was 30 bucks? Sure. For 60 dollars? No way. I feel like I wasted my money, but hopefully I can get some back from RMAH, but that's probably not likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends whether you are OK with doing the same storyline for 3 difficulties and farming gear (the fundamentals of Diablo series) or not.
    The game itself is fun, if you choose a class you grow to like its very addictive and there are almost no difficulty/balancing/cockblock issues until inferno (which is getting fixed by 1.0.3 today/tomorrow).

It can easily net for 100 hours of solid gameplay if you like the Diablo style.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Karah: I would not be so optimistic. I will not believe until I see it.

ATM I can't advise Diablo 3. If you want play until Abyss difficulty, you can have fun... but if you want play in Inferno difficulty, ACT 2-4 it's totally unbalanced, and it seem like a manager/farmer game.