Poll: Worst Blizzard Game?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone voting in D3 just because it's new and it's cool to hate something that's new.

Give it a few years and only the cool people will play D3.

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Everyone voting in D3 just because it's new and it's cool to hate something that's new.

Give it a few years and only the cool people will play D3.

/sigh
    Like the kids out back of highschool who used to smoke. I'm so tired of every dismissal of people upset about diablo 3 amounting to "OH IT"S NEW YOU GUYS ARE JUST HATING CAUSE IT"S NEW". Can we have any reasonable or sincere discussion when you dismiss someones feelings that easily?

10+ Year Old Account
    I suck at Real Time Strategies. I've only played WoW, Starcraft, Diablo 2 and 3. I would say I had the least fun with Starcraft. I really like the Starcraft universe and art style though.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    As for titan I expect it will continue with their business model to this date. Micro transactions and attempting to make games with as broad appeal as possible. Hopefully they learned a few lessons from Diablo 3 though and won't totally screw it up. ALL IMHO of course..
    Why is it that if other companies go FTP with microtransactions its okay but if Blizz does it OMFG GREED! If there is a monthly fee and a REQUIRED to play microtransaction then I say hell no, but if the game is FTP and you can choose to make microtransactions and yet still play the game perfectly well without them then that is fine. Diablo 3 is FTP and does not require microtransactions, in fact as of today they made it easier to get elite gear in act I inferno which reduces the need to use the auction house to get through DiabloIII.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3. It is definitely better than Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, but we're on 2012, we (should) have higher standards now.

Worst always implies bad, always.
    Only if your reading skills are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Why is it that if other companies go FTP with microtransactions its okay but if Blizz does it OMFG GREED! If there is a monthly fee and a REQUIRED to play microtransaction then I say hell no, but if the game is FTP and you can choose to make microtransactions and yet still play the game perfectly well without them then that is fine. Diablo 3 is FTP and does not require microtransactions, in fact as of today they made it easier to get elite gear in act I inferno which reduces the need to use the auction house to get through DiabloIII.
    I don't like SOME f2p models on other companies either. I would much rather pay a monthly fee but that's just my opinion. Yes d3 doesn't require you to do microstranctions. It just shovels you in that direction at every turn. That's why I hope Blizzard would stay away from. The temptation is quite a bit and with all those people defending them I'm not sure what' stopping them from doing it. Certainly not ethics as bobby kotick is a salesman first and foremost. Certainly not bad publicity as that is almost impossible given their army of followers and the cash they can throw at advertising. Also increasing the percentage really just increases the chance you'll get garbage. Until the item system is fixed, say with more interesting gear and less total rng you'll just keep getting more trash.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-19 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW Expansions should be on there, as they are very different games. I put D3 but id put Cata ahead of that.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Diablo 3 without question, the most boring game I've played in quite a while.

Deleted
    I voted Diablo 3 becos its worst of all of them however its not a bad game i do like it but its still the worst of them all ive played Blizzard games since Lost Vikings 2 which i realy enjoyed on the PS1 i still play a game of WC2 against the computer randomly becos its still realy fun.

Deleted
    Voted for Diablo 3.
    Currently it is the worst game simply because it is so new and they are working out a lot of issues with it.

World of warcraft followed by diablo 3.

For completely different but similar reasons.

Why World of warcraft? : The first release was solid but they didn't plan much for the future nor stuck with any promise or plan for the games ongoing growth.
    You can say expansions and patches aren't inculded in the core game but that is crap, Most people who played starcraft have never played a 1.00 release.
    Those who did got an upgraded version upgraded balance as soon as broodwar came in, And if they did their best to never patch and never play online/mutliplayer you can't count that ONE person hehe.
    Blizzard had a decent idea which was made real when Wow went live but since expansions have been digs at cash and less about supporting the playerbase, It must be okay because activision and EA shit all over gamers also, Westwood got eaten as did many other GOOD game making companies.
    Since then everyone has adapted to the "Lets make a broad game that'll sell as many copies as we can, We'll please the fans down the road."
    We've had the down the road promise many times since wrath, It hasn't really come yet.
    Small pieces dropped in keeping the hardcore players going so they'll defend it till they're last breathe don't really count, I was one at the start disappointed so many things were cut but they made the small effort of doing this for us.. Oh wow.. a SMALL effort for us fans.

Diablo 3 : Always online was barely tolerable for starcraft 2, Considering it is mostly a mutliplayer game but always online piracy counters are a complete cop out.
    In the past companies would spend money on finding ways to get around piracy some of them (but sadly not all) Was to make a game WORTH buying.
    Always online is a lazy way to push out unfinished games on the publishers time table screw the gamers.

Sure Blizzard have their current formula with starcraft and diablo, And it would be crazy for them to do with command and conquer did, OH GOD FOUR WAS OH GOD.
    I will never finish the game as much as i want to see what happens, which is sad.

Blizzard however just re-released the games on updated engines with a few unit and background changes.. Yay right?
    No, not yay.
    Some innovation should've come with some part of the game, if even just in a new form of mutliplayer mode something (LIKE but perhaps not my idea) Taking the single player elements and allowing certain choices pre game for your faction (something that once all three races are out could.. happen but i wont hold my breath)

Diablo 3 just isn't worth my money i'll play through the campaign when a crack that allows offline and pirated play and see what its really like, I did waste plenty of months on Diablo 2 play throughs with friends but is it worth the server lag??
    Is it worth this online auction house real money bullshit, Did you really want to buy your gear with real money so you could win the game?
    /players 8 /cleave /win. :/

As companies Blizzard is not in the lead of dickheads EA clearly wins that title and everyone else just has the benefit of "not being EA" as mentioned on the Escapist.
    As far as us users making a difference to what they do, It wont happen as long as everyone buys the game on day one.
    Sigh.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Warcraft 2 or Diablo 3. Neither one is quite as tight as their past or future efforts in each series. However, it is only a minor quibble. Blizzard have yet to strike out, so to speak. Still producing games that are equally academic as ephemeral art.

Some missing choices in the poll; Lost Vikings, Rock & Roll Racing, Blackthrone, Warcraft 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted D3.

For those who say: "What, you think D1 was better than D3?", - yes, i do. D1 was revolutionary back in a day, while D3 is nowhere close to achieving same status.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    Your logic is terrible.

'A Swimmer comes in 8th place for the 50 meter freestyle at the world championships. He did the worst in the final race. He is still the 8th BEST swimmer in the world' in this situation you could not imply he is a bad swimmer.

OT: I would say Warcraft 2 was Blizzard's worst. It didn't really bring anything to the table, only 18-24 months later you had Total Annihilation and then Starcraft, which where eons better than Warcraft 2.
    Loved that game, my family spent hours in LAN matches against each other. PEEWEE'S CHARGE!!!!!!
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Sad to say but unfortunately Diablo 3 is "worst" game Blizzard made. Gone were the days of atmosphere, countless fun hours and a feeling of playing a highly polished product. Most people who made Diablo 1,2, Starcraft and Warcraft franchise are long gone from this company, now it exists only to fill Kotick's wallet.

Damn, first Bioware, now Blizzard.
    Last edited by Moralio; 2012-06-19 at 08:06 PM.

I personally did not like WC3, it went from being a unit based game to a hero game and the units were just back up. I liked it when you could build your defenses up, then build up your offence and wreck stuff but WC3 was easier if you just suicide bombed your hero across the board, the hero rush was born.

I really hope someone didnt vote D3 based solely on the fact they have a RMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    People voting for SC2 most probably never played it. One of the best games of all time

From all the Blizzard games the only one that i really didn't enjoy was D2, never played D1, D3 or SC1 all the other ones are very good games.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)