http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-trac...esday-june-20/

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 02:44 PM ----------

Elemental Arrow
    Skill Rune – Nether Tentacles
    Tentacles will now only hit each target once
    This will get a lot of QQ

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Players wearing +Life on Kill items should no longer receive a benefit from this affix when "killing" friendly monsters (e.g. when a witch doctor re-summons a Spider Queen while another Spider Queen is still active)
    And there goes the free heal for wizards and witchdoctors ^^

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 02:59 PM ----------

Fixed a bug where Sandwasp projectiles could sometimes become invisible
    Now this is huge.

I think both changes are great. It will discourage "glass cannon" builds, which is why range is so much easier than melee. Melee is where it is supposed to be, ranged was OP. They could death zerg stuff and get 5 stacks with less gear than a melee. They will still be able to, but it will hurt their profits as they have to spend a lot on repairs. It is totally fair and will help bring the game to the difficulty it should be. When you combine it with the Inferno nerfs that you failed to mention, it will work out well.

As for Inferno dropping great gear, it's going from 0% chance to a 2% chance. So 1/50 items may be higher than 60. Act 3/4 will be 4 times that, so still better to farm if you can, will just be a little easier for people to get there. Once you get there, it will still be better to farm it though.

You also left out the change to how mortar will work, further range, bigger dead zone, making them harder for ranged and easier for melee. More work to bring the 2 closer together.

I am really happy with all the changes and really won't affect my game play too much either, as I am still farming Act 1 anyway.

If they actually increase repair costs by that much I suspect it will be nerfed back down once they see that hardly any of the more casual players are playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    With the incoming changes to patch 1.03, 2 changes in particular will have a massive affect on what players will do to get gear.

1) Major increase in repair costs
    2) Act 1 inferno dropping great gear

The above changes is going to result in 99% of the players doing inferno farming act 1 for gold and drops and while improving there gear will just do act 3 and 4 as a once off for progress.

I think this patch will kill off act 3 and 4 farming as I believe it won't be as efficient as doing act 1.
    Repair cost increases were easily the worst option when it comes to solving the 'zerg' problem. Players who have piles of cash will still do it, and everyone else will just find it to be a headache.

Mobs are getting nerfed across the board, but so is attack speed. So I'm not sure what anyone expects to actually change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    Right now it seems that the drop quality of Whimsyshire loot seems (to me) to be a just a little lower than Act 3/4.
    You sure about that ? Did 5 stacks Siegebreaker and Whimsyshire for hours and hours and after like 500 rars from both of them i would say that Whimsyshire is a lot better.

Glass cannons be bitching' everywhere. I applaud this since being able to graveyardzerg with 100+k dps is just stupid.

Deleted
    Only terrible glass cannons graveyardzerg anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    If they actually increase repair costs by that much I suspect it will be nerfed back down once they see that hardly any of the more casual players are playing anymore.
    Gold was always meant to be scarce in D3. It'll probably put a damper on some overinflated AH prices sooner or later as well.

I play a barb and a DH, and its easier on a melee. Trust me. It takes me longer to kill stuff but I dont die on my Barb. the DH in ACT 3 i got pinched at the checkpoint by fast knockback arcane and couldnt get far enough away to kill the last one. Had 3 of them down. but one got seperated and no matter how many traps i layed wouldnt work. tried all the followers. Even scoundrel plus cold dmg weapon. I have never had to reset on my barb vs all teh time soloing on dh. The downtime with 30sec revives evens out with how long it takes me to kill on my barb. Only in act1 will teh DH shine on warden butcher kills, but rng on prep can still get me insta gibbed. Grass is always greener.

I am more upset about the IAS on my barb with my life on hit. They are nerfing hoewrthe stat affects your toon so i am worried about frenzy stacks. Hoping it has no affect.

Well, I guess no more 5k heals for my wizard every time he respawned a hydra. Too bad, but I'm still looking forward to this patch. Already cleared the game on inferno and can handle most packs without dying a million times, so I don't mind the nerf.

Deleted
    Seeing that we now have the official patch notes...

- Demon Hunters are getting screwed hard. ASP nerfed, Nether Tentacles not double dipping anymore. That's not nice.

- Some bosses seem to be buffed now, I assume the Act 234 nerf only applies to elites/uniques.

- ilvl for items over lvl50, yay.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    - Demon Hunters are getting screwed hard. ASP nerfed, Nether Tentacles not double dipping anymore. That's not nice.
    Some say nerf, I say fix. NT was straight up broken, it was so much better (by virtue of the double dipping) that it was as close to Mandatory as you could get. I'm fine with the fix, we'll figure out another way soon enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Seeing that we now have the official patch notes...

- Some bosses seem to be buffed now, I assume the Act 234 nerf only applies to elites/uniques.

- ilvl for items over lvl50, yay.
    I'm fine with that. Bosses don't give much hassle in Inferno currently, just the champion packs with really bad affixes. Should be interesting to play through once this goes live.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Some say nerf, I say fix. NT was straight up broken, it was so much better (by virtue of the double dipping) that it was as close to Mandatory as you could get. I'm fine with the fix, we'll figure out another way soon enough.
    When I leveld my DH I thought no way NT could be so good while I played with Frost Arrow. NT was so much better than Frost Arrow though, which already was really good... so you could kinda see it coming. Going back to Frost Arrow maybe, we'll see.

Act II and III/IV have x2 and x4 better drop chances. Player that are good would still farm act III. Also this is Diablo not WoW. 2% drop don't mean that after 50 kills U would have UR imba weaponz. You need roll 2% to drop just white ilvl63 weapon. Then you need roll about 10% to actualy ilvl63 become rare - not rare ilvl54 crap. Than you need roll about 0,001% to have atleast 3 good affix. Enjoy UR "buffed" drop.

I don't understand how their are ppl are complaining about gold.. u get 100k for doing the last q in act 1 inferno.. even if u die a few times.. that a big profit. unless you cant kill the mobs.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

that great! thank you man!

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    I don't understand how their are ppl are complaining about gold.. u get 100k for doing the last q in act 1 inferno.. even if u die a few times.. that a big profit. unless you cant kill the mobs.
    It's more like 60k unless you're using gold find gear. Still, really good gold though.

i cant wait~!