Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They are Reskined old mounts with new color. What about the 10+ different colored cloud serpents and 7 Panthers???

They feed the masses with bullshit at blizzcon and than don't deliver their promises.
    Only bullshit I see so far are your posts.
    OT: Looks great, maybe a meta challenge mode mount? Can't wait to get one.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Is it just me or do they kinda look like they could be druids of the different races?

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    k, so taking the curious lack of front legs into consideration, this mount is pretty up there on the creepy scale.
    erm... birds don't have front legs.

k, so taking the curious lack of front legs into consideration, this mount is pretty up there on the creepy scale.
    I'm not sure how to tell you this, but phoenixes are birds and they only have two legs.

Well these new birds look INSANELY AWESOME! Although I would rather have them be hunter pets rather than mounts... Come on Blizzard show me the RARE pets already!!!

OH GOD THEY HAVE LEGS HNNGH.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ MY GOLD/RAIDING TIME
    TAKE ALL OF IT.
    TAKE IT ALL.

I really like the Blue-green-yellow one.. hnnngh those colors are so amazing.

when did birds ever have front legs?

this is not a hippogryph lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They are Reskined old mounts with new color. What about the 10+ different colored cloud serpents and 7 Panthers???

They feed the masses with bullshit at blizzcon and than don't deliver their promises.
    You really need to learn to accept words at their inherent value instead of taking them to mean what you want them to. Unless someone has a source for a Blizz quote saying everything would have a new skeleton and skin, they're giving us exactly what they said they would.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm thinking one for LFR/Normal/Heroic achievements and then one Raid drop.
    I'll probably want one. I like the cool back legs and really cool design, even if it is an Ashes reskin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I'm thinking one for LFR/Normal/Heroic achievements and then one Raid drop.
    I'll probably want one. I like the cool back legs and really cool design, even if it is an Ashes reskin!
    Again, it's not a reskin. It's a remodel. And saying it's a remodel of the ashes of al'ar implies al'ar had a unique skeleton to begin with. He did not. His skeleton was that of a run-of-the-mill griffin.

So if it wasn't a big deal that al'ar was a "reskin," then it shouldn't be a big deal that these are remodels
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They're gorgeous. Blizzard deserves credit for MOP mounts, because they are "different," and anything different is good IMO. The panthers not so much, but they look so good I'm certainly not complaining. I just like the idea that we're getting to the point where you could have a hundred different people sitting in a capital on their mounts and they'll all look different. Dragons look great, but there were so many. I felt like I had to use any of my mounts that wasn't a dragon just so I didn't have to see them anymore. Now maybe seeing people ride birds and turtles and serpents for a while I won't despise my dragons so much.

Hope it's not Blizz store mount and it will be raid meta/rare drop mounts

Phoenix - Fire = Bird.

But I guess "Pandaren Bird" doesn't have the same ring to it.

On topic, looks pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Unrelated - I'm throwing all my money at the screen but nothing's happening. Look at it's feet! And feathers! And EVERYTHING. It's so beautiful and I want it so bad it's not funny.

Related - Rep grind, or possibly dungeon/raid drops, perhaps raid achievement rewards. Maybe even guild level/achievement reward? I just hope it stays in game and isn't a store mount. It doesn't look like store-mount material(not enough glow, rofl) and comes in four colors, so I just hope it actually is obtainable without spilling IRL cash.
    I can almost bet because it will be popular, a 5th glowing version will be made to toss on the Store. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

It seems like finally there is a mount that people seem to like, but for once I'm one of the few who just don't really care for it. It looks alright I guess, but it's nothing mind blowing or amazing like so many comments I'm reading on here and Youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as how there are 4 of them, I think we can rule out it being available on the Blizz store.

4 meta chiev mounts? Not likely either. Best I could say is that they'll follow suit with the stone and wind drakes, meaning one would be a meta reward, one a dungeon drop, one a raid drop, and one a rep grind. This would also follow suit with the fact that the wind and stone drakes were released with Cata for the first tier of goodies.

So this seems like the most viable route to obtain these mounts

The last possibility COULD be from a pure rep grind, but I highly doubt that as well seeing as how most vendors post-BC do not sell more than one mount for said faction (Wyrmrest Accord, Baradin Warden's, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Hope it's not Blizz store mount and it will be raid meta/rare drop mounts
    I hope its anything BUT raid mounts, I would rather see it on a vendor for 12g myself (Over exaggerating on the price) but still. Raids get to many of the "best" mounts as it is. There need to be more for everyone and not just the elite and spoiled few.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    when did birds ever have front legs?

this is not a hippogryph lol
    If you watch the animations it shares them with the Gryphon mount, just like Ashes and the Purple Phoenix do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

my guess is these will be rewards for completing all Pandaren heroic/challenge mode dungeon achieves based on how many colors there are atm

one color for completing all Pandaren heroic mode dungeon achieves + one color for completing all Pandaren tier one (bronze star) challenge mode dungeon achieves + one color for completing all Pandaren tier two (silver star) challenge mode dungeon achieves + one color for completing all Pandaren tier three (gold star) challenge mode dungeon achieves = four colors total
    Last edited by crica; 2012-06-21 at 09:34 AM.

Deleted
    Glory + Heroics Meta + Challenge Mode Meta?

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    If you watch the animations it shares them with the Gryphon mount, just like Ashes and the Purple Phoenix do.
    and moonkins share animations with ogres. so moonkins are ogres lol

no. phoenixes aren't hippogryphs, so they aren't "lacking" any amount of legs.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.