Deleted

Inferno Barbarian WW build - have some fun as melee

I've been looking for a Barb build that does more than just hold down left-click Frenzy and spam Revenge since I find that boring, if you actually enjoy that style then more power to you. I'm just sharing this because WW is my favorite Barb skill and I was really happy to find a way to use it in Inferno without feeling gimped. I'm sure many people were already doing it but this was news to me today so I'm posting it here for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

A friend of mine saw this on a stream and we both tried it out today. We were doing it in fresh 60 barbs in Act 1, but Act 1 is obviously not the best place to test stuff so I can't vouch for its efficiency in more difficulty content. However the streamer was using it to farm Act 4 so obviously with enough gear it still works, especially after the 1.0.3 nerfs.

The concept - maintain permanent WW + WotB by generating Fury off of crits.

Sample build - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...UkP!ZYW!cbYZcc

Whirldwind (duh) - Blood Funnel rune for life regen on crit
    WotB - Thrive on Chaos rune so that you have it up 100%
    Battle Rage - Into the Fray rune, this is the rune that generates 15 Fury on crit
    War Cry - Impunity rune, a staple of all barb builds

You'll obviously want a Fury generator and a 6th skill. For the 6th ability we used Sprint with Run like the Wind rune because the tornadoes from it also crit and generate more Fury. However you can throw in Ignore Pain for defense or any number of other abilities. Passives will always vary based on your gear, playstyle and current Act. In the sample build I have all offensive passives which will most likely need changing if you plan on doing more than just Act 1 farming.

Obviously this is very reliant on crit both to generate Fury and to heal yourself. Since crit% and critDMG synergize and scale so well your DPS should be fairly good at higher gear levels. I did Act 1 with about 1.5 mil gold worth of gear (3/4 of my pieces are blue) and had no problems with any elite packs or bosses, you cannot be CCed, you constantly heal yourself and you do good damage. Like I said, it will obviously be much harder at later Acts and probably isn't ideal for any place with lots of ranged mobs but if the place you're farming currently is well suited for it then I recommend trying it out, its quite fun.

Feel free to toy around with it and see what runes/skills work better for you. I'd be interested to hear what works for you and what doesn't and how viable you found it in later Acts compared to the more cookie cutter builds.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-06-21 at 08:42 AM.

I always thought that it only works if you actually gain fury and not if you gain over 100. Works that way too?
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    I always thought that it only works if you actually gain fury and not if you gain over 100. Works that way too?
    That's a good question, I'm not 100% sure. But WW will be spending your Fury non stop anyway, as will sprint if you decided to go for that. I was easily maintaining 100% uptime on WotB through an entire elite pack so when it actually matters WotB kept going. For example on Skele King it lasted well over a minute, by the time it finally stopped its CD was almost ready to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    That's a good question, I'm not 100% sure. But WW will be spending your Fury non stop anyway, as will sprint if you decided to go for that. I was easily maintaining 100% uptime on WotB through an entire elite pack so when it actually matters WotB kept going. For example on Skele King it lasted well over a minute, by the time it finally stopped its CD was almost ready to go again.

Well you gain a ton of fury when you get hit too!
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    Thank you for this, I'm very eager to try this when I get home. I've been playing with the Frenzy/Berserker Rage combo for a long time now.
    What passives do you use?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't bother to click the link at first.
    .. How high's your crit chance?
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2012-06-21 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Edit: Nevermind, I didn't bother to click the link at first.
    .. How high's your crit chance?
    Grand total of 53%.

5% - base
    10% - weapon master (axe)
    5% - ruthless
    10% - shield
    5% - gloves
    2% - ring
    3% - helm
    10% - WotB
    3% - Battle Rage

Only 3 pieces of gear with crit, you can get a lot more. Of course if you're doing higher Acts and you can't afford to take 2 crit passives you'll have to get that crit off gear, but that's nothing new - every build needs more gear for higher acts.

I think some streamers have 60% crit and 400%+ crit DMG so when you get to that point stuff just evaporates.

Deleted
    10% - shield
    5% - gloves
    2% - ring
    3% - helm

Only 3 pieces of gear with crit.
    Does not compute!
    I think some streamers have 60% crit and 400%+ crit DMG so when you get to that point stuff just evaporates.
    This does indeed sound pretty sweet. I'm in Act 3 right now, but I have enough gold to buy at least a decent crit set. Again, thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2012-06-21 at 09:31 AM.

You should credit the original author of the build, Dino ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888809698). If your gear is on the low side you need to drop a Fury builder altogether and run Leap with Iron Impact with left click WW and a seperate movement key bind. Equally I prefer Bash with Onslaught as it builds Fury faster than any other spender on top of great damage.