Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Act III more difficult, anyone?

Hi there.

Everybody is saying that you can do act III with ease. Hours before the patch hit, I was wiping on diablo. With the haste nerf, I lost one third of my DPS, since I wasn't able to replace the rotten equipment yet. I'm forced to go to back to easy act II, because Siegebreaker and raremobs in act III go enrage.

Does anyone feel the same? Jeez, I hate this patch even more if I'll get to know that everyone but me got "buffed" (compared to your environment).

What class are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Celidion View Post
    What class are you?
    He is demon hunter, as we are the only once that was severely punished again.

Title is a bit misleading. Act III is definitely not harder. Your gear is just worse. When the game hit and it became apparent how OP IAS was, I purposely shied away from it. Three weeks ago, when Blizz announced the incomming nerfs to it, I sold the bit I had accumulated and focused on more reasonable stats. When 1.03 hit I felt no need to change my gear and took no hit to my DPS. I can tell you with certainty that Act III is generally about 1/3 less difficult than it was before. Some parts are much much easier than even that.

People who are like, "ZOMG, my DPS... It's gone!" really have no one to blame but themselves. Even if you weren't bright enough to realize that Blizz would feel the need to make balance changes swiftly after the realease of a new game, they telegraphed and then outright said that they were going to do so WEEKS before they did. If you purchased (or worse, built your entire character around) IAS since 06/04, you really have no ground to stand on when you complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It's funny how people can equate being brought down to average with being "severly punished". Oh noes, you can't do 200k DPS anymore and never get touched by anything. End of world! APOCALYPSE HERE SIX MONTHS EARLY!!!
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-06-21 at 03:26 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I am experiencing the opposite. As a monk without 60 milion gold and unwilling to pay hundreds of dollars for equipment, post patch I am able to do Act 3 if I am cautious. I couldn't do it before without getting owned and not even being able to kill most packs.

edit: I have no IAS gear, could never afford the decent ones! So dps remained the same.
    Last edited by Benea; 2012-06-21 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    It's funny how people can equate being brought down to average with being "severly punished". Oh noes, you can't do 200k DPS anymore and never get touched by anything. End of world! APOCALYPSE HERE SIX MONTHS EARLY!!!
    This, so much. Melee has been awful compared to Ranged for 4 weeks, DHs get a slight nerf and it's the end of the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing as a result of this patch (and the ridiculous Input limit reached things), but what I noticed before quitting: Act 3 is far easier now except Ghom has become impossible as a defensive monk. If I had invested in 1500 life on hit, it probably would be doable, but the clouds completely fill the room now in about a minute without the older ones despawning. I even tested just kiting him around the very very edge of the room even under the hanging meat in the back and you still run into the starter clouds with his buffed form.

No, you were "punished" last, every other class were already punished at the very start.

Deleted
    actually, I'm wizard. I only bought an haste item once, a necklace for 850 k, but that was before they announced the nerf the first time. I had haste on both of my rings, but I found them by myself. And as mentioned above, I just didn't get to find gear to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    Hi there.

Everybody is saying that you can do act III with ease. Hours before the patch hit, I was wiping on diablo. With the haste nerf, I lost one third of my DPS, since I wasn't able to replace the rotten equipment yet. I'm forced to go to back to easy act II, because Siegebreaker and raremobs in act III go enrage.

Does anyone feel the same? Jeez, I hate this patch even more if I'll get to know that everyone but me got "buffed" (compared to your environment).
    I was clearing act 3 before the patch and the patch just made it much easier. Although the reason is I have always geared for survivability. I think you'll find once you switch your focus to items with decent int but good resist/armor/% life and vitality, you'll have a much easier time and will be able to advance into the later acts.

Once you do that, you can worry about increasing your damage with crit/crit/dmg ias, while maintaining mitigation. Which would just increase the speed of your runs, not whether or not you were capable.

Really? I can actually tank like a barb (at least mostly) while doing more damage. I'd say it's much easier now.

I am laughing at all of the glass cannons that say it was a nerf to their class or build instead of accepting the fact it was the gear choice. Then again you could always go with the fotm and get 4pc nats and have like 70% uptime on shadowpower-gloom. But they will nerf that at some point too. They don't want people running around with 20k hp and no mitigation clearing inferno.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-06-21 at 05:01 PM.

This, so much. Melee has been awful compared to Ranged for 4 weeks, DHs get a slight nerf and it's the end of the world.
    I don't think Melee has had it THAT bad. I think a lot of the griping has been a bit over-hyped. We needed a small boost and we got it. Ranged needed some solid nerfs and they got it.

Don't get me wrong, I have some serious issues with the new patch. I think they over-nerfed the content and WAY over did the repair buff. These two things seem like they should be at odds with each other, but the thing is, I'm okay with dying. When I push progression content, I expect to die. Blizz is basically saying that we should attempt no new content that we don't overgear and that's just dumb.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

'slight' is an understatement, we do less dps then other classes and have barely any survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    No, you were "punished" last, every other class were already punished at the very start.
    Dh's have had 4-5 game changing nerfs in a month. No other class has been nerfed like the dh. Typical dh basher, no clue on the class and think we ss all day with mana.

"I don't think Melee has had it THAT bad"

The problem with melee is we dont get the same benefits as the monsters.

http://d3db.com/blue/thread/4427663050/us

That link shows the advantage they have. If my attacks hit when my animation started caster mobs (who run a mile when i attk) wouldnt be an issue. Currently they are annoying as hell. Im trying to kill a treasure goblin and he moves before my attack hits. I gotta run half way across the map just to kill the little guy.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-06-21 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    playing dh too and killed diablo inferno about a week before patch... and i must say... i love this patch

1) i never went for a lot of attack speed, only had some on my ring... which means my dps went from 104k to 99k (with SS stacked, of course)

2) i didnt go glass cannon, so i survived at least one hit from any ranged mob on my way to siegebreaker... which means after the nerf, i can take sooo many hits ^^ makes it way easier

so if you aim for a solid gear instead of stacking OP ias and accepting you get oneshot by everything, the patch did you a great favor.

having problems with act III now aswell, was progressing nicely before. Witchdoctor btw, darts animation is to slow now, bears are bugged. Cant find a viable mainspell

Deleted
    for DH, you can still stack dps and go full glass cannon with the AS nerf. the new method is stacking crit chance/dmg and using the passive nightstalker. with 50% crit chance, hungering arrow with spray of teeth and cluster arrow for your hatred dump you can actually deal A LOT of damage. almost as much as attack speed and nether tentacles could. the main difference? with some bonus discipline and regen you can spam SS for a lot longer due to stacking crit. depending on how it goes you can basically use smoke screen constantly for over a minute, even longer if preparation procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Act 3 has been a breeze on my wizard. Up until I got to Ghom of course. Within 30-45 secs of the fight the room is filled with gas and I have nowhere to go. So I'm stuck on him atm. I can't keep making attempts on the fight since repair costs are so high.

Forget about stacking IAS, just take what you get, mainly from a quiver, and concentrate on Dexterity and Vitality. Maybe throw in some crit buffs if you find them.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Ignorance, the reason why we have to stack pure dps is because 1 touch = death unlike every other class.

The only time defensive DH is ever viable (and this was demonstrated before) is a DH with a shield, 800 resit, 50k health and has to use shadow power with gloom and preparation when its up in order to survive more then one hit.

This was on inferno diablo.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ignorance, the reason why we have to stack pure dps is because 1 touch = death unlike every other class.

The only time defensive DH is ever viable (and this was demonstrated before) is a DH with a shield, 800 resit, 50k health and has to use shadow power with gloom and preparation when its up in order to survive more then one hit.

This was on inferno diablo.
    Ignorance, the reason why DH stack pure dps is because they were impatient and cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOir0l63vAk I don't see a shield, nor do I see 800 resist this is also inferno diablo.