Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    That retard happens to have been right about the game from the get go. So pay attention you might learn something. My damage went for 76k no SS to 69k no SS. Seems like you're pretty bad at math or like to generalize things.

They didn't build the game to allow people to clear inferno in 2 days of farming pure dps gear. For a software developer, especially one that started in QA, you have a very narrow mind. Their intention was to have you farm act 1 to progress to act 2 and farm act 2 to get to act3, soo on and so forth. You don't even have to read between the lines to grasp that. There was several blue posts and even a video interview discussing this.

Now that we understand their intentions, we can move on to the problem. The biggest problem was the fact that the gear required to progress was too high end. The chance of you getting the ideal piece of gear from act 2 isn't much better than getting the ideal piece of gear from act 4. But they drastically differ in quality.

To circumvent this players adapted and utilized what resources were readily available. For example you can get t16 blues and a decent weapon and have a retarded amount of dps. You could also wait for 6 stated rares that have all of those dps stats but in addition to that have resists, armor, dmg reduction. However, that doesn't mean it was the correct choice, it just shows that we as players are impatient yet resourceful.

Blizzard has since corrected the gear problem,apparently you're not happy about it though.

Blizzard scrapped all of D3 in between 2003-2005, after Blizzard North separated from Blizzard. The game was in development for a little over 6 years. Clearly if they had the game in development for 20 years they would thought it would be a wise business investment to purchase extra servers for the launch, so they could collect dust for following weeks/years after the majority beat normal and stopped playing.

I agree there is another build post nerf though of doing the same thing. Simply because he does half damage. Also the point that it wasn't necessary to go all dps with zero survivability.

It was a nerf no doubt, but not all mobs got hit 2x. Also it went in a straight line which means you had to be kiting away for them to be in a line. I feel that is relevant to point out because frost arrow hits for 170% weapon damage and splits. So it isn't all bad, but yes most definitely feel it on bosses. Though impale hitting for 250% with 100% more crit dmg isn't entirely bad. Just less than what it was.

I don't think blizzard cares if you have the time to farm, they said inferno was not for everyone and that it would take a long time.

Obviously you didn't belong there and your gear choices are not what blizzard had intended or you'd still be there. I'm still farming anything and everything I want.

I thought you spent millions on dps gear. Also this "nerf" let most of my monk and barb friends move up in acts, I wonder if that's because they went with "BLIZZARD MADE IT SO GLASS CANNONS YADAYADAYDA" No it's because they were properly geared.
    Since many of my points just went right over your head, I am not even gonna try to explain things to you. Nice wall of text though and trying to make your points actually mean something in relation to what I posted, yet have no fucking meaning at all. Dude you are impressive.

Now can we discuss facts?

Blizz released a ½ finished game, yet you paid full price.

The game has been riddled with bugs from the start.

Blizz made this game

The game that Blizz made favoured GC specs

Blizz now smashed GC specs, requiring GC specs to do things different

Blizz is pingeonholing stats for Inferno with the new patch

Are we perhaps in a small part in agreement that some of these problems could have been foreseen with proper testing?

And with your 76k dps, you can look forward to a 10min butcher fight now, good luck dodging that. Players will ofc do it and claim that their RNG was skill.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Well I find you equally clueless and am glad to not have a QA department that accepts your low standards, and, non functioning releases (error 37) would kill our bussiness. I guess your customers have very low standards.

And BTW, a full complete DMS system with 450 integrations and different tax rules pr country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D3 in complexity

Really, the developer, who makes the software, has no clue. And you do? lol
    Error 37 was LITERALLY impossible for them to test ahead of time in a real-world environment. Literally impossible. Should they have been better prepared for a massive amount of people to try to access the system at the same time? Absolutely yes. Is that in any way, shape, or form the QA departments fault? Absolutely no. In this way Blizzard continues to be victims of their own success. They are doing completely unprecedented things regarding server load, and they are caught in a trap between being unprepared (like they were), or overspending on infrastructure.

But, again, anyone with a real understanding of this technology would understand that.

And yes, the developer, who has a small part in an overall team in writing parts of the software, often has no clue about what it takes to actually QA the whole system. I deal with developers who simply can't understand the big picture on practically a daily basis, at least until I can get them trained to think outside their lines of code. Once that happens, work is a considerably less stressful and more productive environment for everyone involved.

As for the standards of my costumers, they're actually quite high. We are creating mission critical network infrastructure software for state and local governments, public safety organizations like law enforcement and emergency response, and hospitals, all in North America and Europe. Our position on our software is "it just works", and the fact that we are far and away number one in the market for our software is a testament to the fact that our customers agree with us. The vast majority of the people who use our software every day at work don't even know we're there, which is our goal.

And this is all true because we have developers and QA people who actually understand the big picture, know how to assess risk, and understand exactly what it takes to develop quality software systems and understand what is realistic and what is not.

This is beside the point, though. We're talking about gameplay balance, which is MUCH more difficult to test than normal software bugs and design issues. Gameplay issues, by their very nature, take vast amounts of regular playing time and creativity to ferret out, and it is simply too cost prohibitive and time intensive for a QA group to find even a majority of the problems. If they tried, no game like this would ever again see the light of day. Once you unleash millions of players on it, then you can start addressing the issues that start to fall out. That's just how it is.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 03:16 PM ----------

Since many of my points just went right over your head, I am not even gonna try to explain things to you. Nice wall of text though and trying to make your points actually mean something in relation to what I posted, yet have no fucking meaning at all. Dude you are impressive.

Now can we discuss facts?

Blizz released a ½ finished game, yet you paid full price.

The game has been riddled with bugs from the start.

Blizz made this game

The game that Blizz made favoured GC specs

Blizz now smashed GC specs, requiring GC specs to do things different

Blizz is pingeonholing stats for Inferno with the new patch

Are we perhaps in a small part in agreement that some of these problems could have been foreseen with proper testing?
    Most of this list is wrong.

How do you quantify half finished vs. 3/4 finished vs. 17% finished vs. completely finished. You can't.

The game has NOT been "riddled with bugs" from the start. It's actually fairly polished when it comes to bugs, and it is much better than a lot of recent game releases.

Blizzard did make the game. That is true. Nice job!

The game that Blizzard made favored GC specs. That is also true, but it was not intentiona.

Blizzard did smash GC specs, because they needed to in order to fix gameplay imbalance issues.

Not sure what you mean by pigeonholing stats, though. Do you mean they're making it so everyone is going to have the same stats? If so, that's wrong. Everyone who wanted to maximize their damage before the patch used IAS. Now they are using other things (including some IAS). That's an improvement in stat variance.

Your last statement is based completely on your belief that the game didn't have proper testing. This belief is false. Could some of these problems have been foreseen if the game had been released months or years down the line, or had an exponentially larger number of people on the QA team? Some of them, maybe... but neither of those things are viable to do for a company that wants to release a financially viable product.

In effect, what you're saying is "OMG Blizzard! Why didn't your QA team of a hundred (or whatever) find every single one of these issues that took 6 million players to find? You guys suck!"

It's pretty silly.

Deleted
    Dude whatever QA department you work in is as sad as your reading comprehension. But whatever, you defend QA releasing broken software, I don´t and think you are pathetic.

You also don´t understand the differences in my complaints with dev and QA

You make every problem I have a QA issue when it is clearly not (at least a QA person should understand this)

Your excuses for blizz confirm me in the belief that if you are actually in a QA department you are worthless and have no idea what QA means.

To actually defend the shit that gets by Blizz QA either means you are Blizz QA or just worthless as QA in general.

I never talked about balance in game pr say, just that balancing is a task that Blizz can not overcome and thus try to make all stats and specs the same.... (see wow) for the the hard parts.

Where I work, the devs are included in software specification, user needs, and actual UI design made with users and consultants (some names may be wrong, I´m a dane) wich creates software the programmer knows and the customer wants. Don´t go getting all important because you toy around with software people other than you make. QA do what they are told to do, in your case, I guess not even that.

Dude whatever QA department you work in is as sad as your reading comprehension. But whatever, you defend QA releasing broken software, I don´t and think you are pathetic.

You also don´t understand the differences in my complaints with dev and QA

You make every problem I have a QA issue when it is clearly not (at least a QA person should understand this)

Your excuses for blizz confirm me in the belief that if you are actually in a QA department you are worthless and have no idea what QA means.

To actually defend the shit that gets by Blizz QA either means you are Blizz QA or just worthless as QA in general.

I never talked about balance in game pr say, just that balancing is a task that Blizz can not overcome and thus try to make all stats and specs the same.... (see wow) for the the hard parts.

Where I work, the devs are included in software specification, user needs, and actual UI design made with users and consultants (some names may be wrong, I´m a dane) wich creates software the programmer knows and the customer wants. Don´t go getting all important because you toy around with software people other than you make. QA do what they are told to do, in your case, I guess not even that.
    That's where you guys are going wrong. Devs are involved in software spec, user needs, and UI design in EVERY software shop that's worth anything. Your problem is that you're not also including QA in those processes. If you did so you would immediately see a drastic increase in the quality of your product, and a drastic decrease in the time and cost it takes to release it. There have been numerous recent studies that prove this.

QA "doing what they're told to do" is an outdated, inefficient way of making software. People started moving away from this 10 or 15 years ago.

Nowadays, good software QA isn't just monkeys running tests to find bugs in code. Software QA is responsible not only for finding bugs, but for making sure that the actual process of creating software is running as efficiently as possible. It's about getting rid of bugs BEFORE they actually get coded. It's about finding problems in specs. It's understanding that what a customer THINKS they want is almost always different than what a customer actually wants, and what they actually want is almost always different than what they NEED. It's about making sure what developers and architects want to implement is actually testable in a feasible way/ It's about trying to find ANY way to improve the product and the process used to make it, from the very beginning until after it ships.

That's how world-class software shops make their products. My developers ask my opinion on just about everything, and I ask their opinion as well. They include me or members of my team in all design decisions, and in code reviews. We include them in test planning, discussions about risk. We discuss tools and methodology together, and make sure we're not missing anything. We review each other's work. It's a team effort, a collaboration. If you're leaving QA out of this collaboration, the quality of your product is suffering, and you're not living up to your potential as a software development company... and now I totally understand why you lack a true understanding of how software QA actually works.

"QA do what they are told to do"? If this is true, your company doesn't even HAVE true software QA. You have test monkeys. Start doing (and understanding) REAL software QA, and you will look back at what you're doing and be ashamed of how inefficient you were, and shocked at the increase in the quality of your releases. Your customers will thank you for it. Even if you're good now, you will never be GREAT until you do this.
    Last edited by FalinMor; 2012-06-21 at 10:53 PM.

snip

And with your 76k dps, you can look forward to a 10min butcher fight now, good luck dodging that. Players will ofc do it and claim that their RNG was skill.
    I appreciate your tenacity but it's clear you deflect when you have no valid argument.
    But at least you're fighting the good fight or something like that.

Going to ignore your other points because they are mostly redundant or speculative with no reasoning.

I could kill him 3x as fast as you speculate in a 4 player game with the 3 extra afk/dead. Sorry.
    I hadn't killed him post-patch since I usually just do act 3 clears, but it took me all of 25 seconds. (at the most, it was probably closer to 15)
    I guess you don't realize survivability is a good dps stat since I can just sit there and tank it. I mean sure your char sheet dps isn't 300k but if you were moving it was never remotely close to 300k and since you played WoW you should know how much moving can hurt your dps.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-06-21 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    What I'm saying is that you were somewhere you don't belong on account of Blizzard's mistakes. As for Butcher, I really think you just need to play differently. The only thing I couldn't avoid on the Butcher was the 5 fire chains he throws out, and if that doesn't one-shot you, you can beat him.
    Even if it does one-shot you, you can still beat him. He telegraphs that he's going to do it, so you can just use whatever survival ability you have on tap when you see it coming, and you'll be fine. It take a little practice, but once you get it down it's not hard at all.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is amazing because every post I read by Bantokar, I see his avatar and read his posts in John Goodman's voice.

Anyway, carry on.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Run with Templar make sure all his abilities are set to heal. Equip gear that increase Health Orbs drop rate and the % they heal you for.

Grated I only started playing the game today so what do I know?... #)