Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Johnny 5 could be the next SIRI iteration.
    Except that would be Jane 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    OMG! Seriously? Rebooting Short Circuit? We don't need another "I, Robot"...
    Yeah supposed to be slighter darker or something while still keeping it a 'family' movie...
    http://screenrant.com/short-circuit-...t-mlee-164321/

Also seems they are gonna reboot Lethal Weapon after the 5th movie fell under the rug some time ago...
    http://screenrant.com/lethal-weapon-...-schrad-97306/

Im just getting more and more depressed as i find more.... so many others as well, jsut these 2 popped out the most to me.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 09:08 AM ----------

Ahh now here is one i would watch... Robocop reboot... Falls in with the same logic as Total Recall reboot. The original was good cause it was horrible movie.... so cant go wrong with a horrible idea to reboot a horrible movie, might be less then horrible (yes they are rebooting robocop)
    Last edited by mirthen; 2012-06-22 at 09:09 AM.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

if they ever remake it, i hope they do something original. it`s hard to do that, because a lot of people want it to be very similar, others don`t.

Here is a decent list of some of the current(already out or on bluray) plus upcoming over the next few years reboots/remakes...
    http://screenrant.com/movie-remakes-...3-kofi-142332/

some interesting titles in there like 'master of the universe(He-Man live action movie if you dont know :P )', 'Starship Troopers', 'Scarface'.... WTF SCARFACE.... WTF!
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Deleted
    I doubt that will happen. His Parkinson's disease is quite advanced and I'm not sure it would be appropriate to exploit him in that way for a cameo. Maybe a cameo from Thomas F. Wilson (Biff) would be appropriate without being a distraction.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 08:59 PM ----------

A lot of people feel this way. I don't know why. It's as if the original films would cease to exist if it was re-made.
    he could totally play the older version without the new actor havign to play double!

10+ Year Old Account
    a reboot would suggest that it gives the same feeling as the old movies, while that's simply not possible. a lot of this is due to the actors setting the atmosphere in a movie and it would basicly just carry the name. this would imply that just making the movie with different names would have the same effect, without upsetting a large portion of the original fanbase. the only real difference the same name would make is for promotional purposes, although i doubt most 90's kids have even seen these movies.

it's like rebooting beverly hills cop, it just wouldn't be beverly hills cop without eddy murphy. the laugh, the way he moves etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remakes always suck unless it is in the hands of an capable director and screenwriter. Like The Coen’s “True Grit”.
    But I think they will announce the remake in like 2013 and release them from 2015+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they NEVER remake it.

Back to the Future is my definitive and best movie of all time. I cant explain how much I still love it even after allt his time. Sure its slightly dated but it still provides me with laughs even now.

I dont mind if they make a movie similar to it but remaking it would cause me to rage so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the original. Wasn't as enthralled by the fact that they made in into a trilogy. I think that remakes have a lot to do with who owns the rights to the film. Zemeckis has done a lot of great movies, and I don't think any have been remade. As much as he has produced and directed films, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some stake in the ownership. In that scenario, I don't see it happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    i saw him not 2 long ago in a tv show they where playing him off with the Parkinson so idk might be possible depends i guess
    He was absolutely great on Curb last year stomping around on Larry's ceiling in his big boots lol. Damn shame he got Parkinson's but you have to admire how well he handles it in his limited acting engagements now rather than try to hide from it or get pissed when people try to make light of it.

I would hate a BttF remake. Maybe something in the same universe, but a straight remake would piss me off. I would be okay with it if they did a bigger release of those McFly shoes with the movie though. Would have loved to have a pair of those Nikes from last year if they weren't so damn expensive at auction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    As long as they don't get all green and turn the delorean into a Prius I would go see it.
    I think you are safe here let's remember the car has to get up to 88 Miles an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    No one would fit as Doc!
    Christopher Walken.

They could even get all meta and have it be Marty's kid going back to save his dad from some sort of time malfunction...

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnny 5 could be the next SIRI iteration.
    I think Pixar's Wall-E already borrowed enough from that character to keep nostalgia folk satisfied. I see the market as tapped.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 06:58 PM ----------

Chris Lloyd isn't that much older now than the character was.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-06-23 at 06:58 PM.

They say this generation is called generation Y, I think generation remake is more applicable.