Deleted

Getting to 50...

So, i was wandering how long it takes the average person to reach 50 in Rift. As we all know, MMO's become most enjoyable at end-game, so that's the part i'm looking forward to most.

I've been playing Rift for about a week now, and i've just hit 18, and i've noticed that levelling has slowed down quite a bit already (I work 48 hours a week)

So how long did it take you to hit 50?

Deleted
    2 weeks when I actually played. Got to lvl 32 with a cleric in a few days after launch then didn't really play. Got a friend to start playing and rolled a mage together with her and we got to 50 in 2 weeks from the start.

the question is are you staying in a zone till all the quests are done, or are you moving on to the next zone as soon as you get the lead-in quest?

I know that when leveling my rogue, I was staying in a zone until I got the acheivement for doing 'all' the quests in the zone, and leveling seemed to drag on, probably due to moe of the quests had turned green and the mobs were either green or gray. For example, this I left Freemarch around 24 or 25 doing this. Bad thing about this is that when I got to stonefield, most of the quests were already green.

On my cleric that I am leveling currently, I am moving on to the next zone pretty much as soon as I get the lead-in quest, which was around level 18. Downside of this is that mobs are consistently two to three levels above me, but they do give good experience.

Also, make sure you soul recall back to your capitol city every night, the rested XP does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    So, i was wandering how long it takes the average person to reach 50 in Rift. As we all know, MMO's become most enjoyable at end-game, so that's the part i'm looking forward to most.

So how long did it take you to hit 50?
    Rift is probably the fastest leveling MMO on the market if we don't include Asian MMOs that allow you to buy levels. For a seasoned MMO gamer, it'll take about /played 2-3 days to reach cap. That is assuming all you do is quest w/ no rested bonus. If you do rifts, pvp, dungeons and zone events along with questing drop that to like /played 36 hours.

Everything is very streamlined pre-50 in Rift. If reaching cap takes longer than a week you are playing very casually.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-06-22 at 02:46 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Next week instant adventures (IAs) some out for a number of new zones; I don't remember the exact number. In an IA, you get placed in a raid group and are given a series of group quests to do. These can range from killing x number of baddies to defend y and defeat the boss after a number of invasion waves. These are a great source of XP and are generally pretty fun. They're the 'go to' method of leveling from 45-50, but once 1.9 hits expect to see a lot of 50's mentoring down to the lower levels to do the new IAs.
    You can spend a lot of time and money trying to save a little time and money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevanin View Post
    Next week instant adventures (IAs) some out for a number of new zones; I don't remember the exact number. In an IA, you get placed in a raid group and are given a series of group quests to do. These can range from killing x number of baddies to defend y and defeat the boss after a number of invasion waves. These are a great source of XP and are generally pretty fun. They're the 'go to' method of leveling from 45-50, but once 1.9 hits expect to see a lot of 50's mentoring down to the lower levels to do the new IAs.
    Wow, i never noticed those. That actually sounds really good fun.

I always felt the levelling in Rift was quite lackluster, but this change, alongside invasions and rifts, will make levelling great fun...

What class are you? My last class to hit 50 was a warrior and I did about 90% of my leveling in instances from 25-50. Tank queues were pretty much instant. Took about a week. I also leveled my mage some in LFG as chloro and queues were a little longer but not much. Also instances go by very fast and the exp was nice especially if you can rack up some rested by playing two characters and using one while the other accumulates rested exp then switching off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Wow, i never noticed those. That actually sounds really good fun.

I always felt the levelling in Rift was quite lackluster, but this change, alongside invasions and rifts, will make levelling great fun...
    IA's are fantastic, even as a level 50 - perhaps especially as a level 50, some of my most fun in the game as a relatively fresh level 50 on wolfsbane with so far 230ish focus has been defending areas on Ember Isle with a full group - hundreds of mobs all heading towards you, crazy loot and xp. And having done it as first dps and more recently as a healer its fun regardless of spec.

Leveling took me just over 3 days played, but I really didn't rush it. I worked on every zone fully for the achievement or to the point I couldn't find anything (one or two quests away in 2-3 zones which I've since finished). Each instance once as I leveled. 3 days played is definitely faster than most other MMOs - and is quicker than WoW if you don't RaF etc.

2-3 weeks i think. then again, i barly had time to play