Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    Yeah. I played a DH from D3 release, switched to Barb later on, found it slightly easier and having tons of fun with it!
    Same. I am having an absolutle blast on my HC Barb, a little scary at times, but even so its ALOT of fun.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

Loving mine until i run into frozen, molten, waller, arcane mobs. I need a ravenfrost, being frozen sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Loving mine until i run into frozen, molten, waller, arcane mobs. I need a ravenfrost, being frozen sucks.
    Fit WotB into your spec somewhere with the 100% damage rune, and burn 1-2 down. It becomes infinitely easier.

No it doesnt. You have no other class competing for str gear. Wiz/wd need intel and monks/dh need dex. This makes barb gear the cheapest, supply and demand.

"Your gear is not good enough to survive mob group: You get two or threeshotted and have no chance to kill them, no matter how "skilled" you are.
    That's the entire secret."

Have to see how act3 works out, im pulling two elite packs now in act2, i did die because one was a fallen mage with waller/fast/arcane/avenger. They would shoot a fireball and run to the other side of the map. The last one eventually enraged (which does no damage while my dh dies in 2secs) but wasnt an issue.

I really wish we would have 1 frame attks like monsters, only problem im finding with melee. Monsters move before your animation hits them while they hit reguardless of their range.
    500 resists is more then enough for dh/wiz in act2, 500 resists is good enough for act 1 barbarian, that is the gear difference. and ps life on hit is hella overpriced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I think that's a little unfair to say, considering zero-skill demon hunters were able to stack up 120k DPS and just nether tentacle their way through everything up to Diablo. Even if that's changed, you can't say glass cannons builds take much skill. Staying alive as a melee does take some effort at least.
    Having played a Monk first into Inferno, and a glass cannon DH after that, and beating Diablo on both, I can say with confidence that you're full of it. Maybe if you had absolutely the best gear in the game and could kill bosses and 5million hp elites in seconds, sure...(even then you have to deal with soul lashers and teleport and reflect and terror demons and corrupted angels). But melee is all about getting enough gear that you can balance incoming and outgoing health, yeah you don't want to stand in too much stuff, but a glass cannon by definition is zero room for error.

Atleast through normal and nightmare I am finding (have found) that a melee Wizard has better survival than a Barbarion. It all changes later on though.

Barbarion is great when you have the gear, personally I found both my Demon Hunter and Monk a lot easier in act 1 inferno, because I had gear waiting for them. Its all about gear, barb isnt hard to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Some people are more skilled at melee, some at ranged. Personally, I prefer melee and have had great success with my barbarian. My demon hunter, on the other hand, just never lives through anything. I can kite like crazy on my barbarian, but my demon hunter just...never quite makes it.
    I agree. My monk has been my main since launch. I don't do so well with ranged characters. However, I finally decided that I wanted a real ranged character.

What do I do?

Roll a throw barb.

Have fun in act III mate, Im getting extremely fed up with all champ packs that run away from you with molten affix, fast firechains or invulnerable minions + molten affixes.
    Act III isnt really enjoyable or fast in terms of grinding unless you really, really outgear it, if you dont you need more resists which costs even more dps.
    Popping zerk rage twice on one champ pack that runs away from me ( half of all of them ) isnt uncommon.

Then again I guess ranged still complain about the hard hitting ones that kill them while they have an easy time with the running away ones ( except the waller haha )

My 38 hour barb is my best char. Ive died 5 times in inferno and near the end of act2. My 200+ hour dh doesnt come close.

Anyone else recently switch from a ranged class and very surprised at how easy it is?
    That's because range classes aren't as tanky, and you learn to play a certain way playing as a range. You take that playstyle into a melee character and it feels easier because you are playing with the caution of a range, but as melee you can actually take hits, so it gives the appearance of being easier. In actuality it's pretty much the same. It also helps if you pretty much feed the melee character gear since they are very gear dependent. You could roll any single class after your DH, and you would be surprised at how easy it is because you fed them gear.

No it doesnt. You have no other class competing for str gear. Wiz/wd need intel and monks/dh need dex. This makes barb gear the cheapest, supply and demand.
    Except there's a lower probability to find str on gear than int/vit, so it roughly balances out.

Deleted
    Range = run or you die.
    Barbarian = just stand still and rotate CD = win.

So the skillcap is pretty low on Barb while range and other "squishys" require you to pay attention and have a decent gear.

Whats your barbs gear? I bet, considering you have a '200+ hour' DH, that he is overgeared. Plus, everything has been nerfed, so..

Delete your DH and roll a barb with no gold. Tell me how it goes.

Deleted
    may be easy to play, doesn't mean later inferno acts were easier pre-nerf.

No it doesnt. You have no other class competing for str gear. Wiz/wd need intel and monks/dh need dex. This makes barb gear the cheapest, supply and demand...
    You're right that only barbs need str gear but that doesn't make it cheaper but more expensive. Melees need good gear and str gear is there for only one class and therefore has probably a lower chance to be on items therefore reducing the availability of good str gear. Even if the chance is the same people know that they can take every price they want for good str gear because they know that barbs need it and will buy it. Int or dex gear are cheaper because there are a lot of items and wiz or wd don't really need these items because they can avoid a lot of damage by kiting. Dex gear on the other hand is needed by monks and they can buy items very cheap because a lot of dh sell their old items for little gold.

With higher drop chances there are more items but prices didn't drop so much because now people know exactly which itemlevel an item has and therefore don't really look at the stats. Now it's more like "it's itemlevel 63 so it costs minimum of 2mio gold" even its stats aren't that good overall but items with a high itemlevel and good stats are so expensive because of this.

They are not.....you need to gear them well, and it's quite easy to be geared enough to roll through Act 1 with relative ease, and especially since the nerf, Act 2 is considerably easier....Belial is a joke now. Act 3 is still comparatively harder than Act 2, and Ghom is a huge pain in the ass, so don't expect to be just rolling through much longer. But melee are far easier to play, again, they are just more gear dependent, and to be frank, I rather enjoy collecting gear and knowing my life will be that much easier with each piece I upgrade.

60 dh 60 barb and a near 60 wizzy here.. gonna say barb is the easiest once ur geared.. the only time a barb will die is if revenge fails to proc lots in a row.
    leap frenzy wotb revenge and ground slam make champions a joke..
    ranged and glass cannon dhs need much more skill to play.. living in fear of being 1shotted by anything that breathes on you means u gotta be really careful.

when i was on my barb i didnt even notice ranged enemies firing arrows at me, when i swapped to dh i had to smokescreen around corners and fire then run away using los jus to stay alive at times... required lots more planning..

the same can be said on a poorly gear'd barb though too.