Deleted

Calling in for some Wizard help again!

At the moment I'm wielding a 2h handed staff with 1279 dps / +200 - 600 Damage / + 44 % damage.

I'd like to buy a 1 hand with a socket for the + crit damage and an off hand... but what should I go for?

What's best intelligence or dps? What stats are the best? What do you wield?

Thanks

Deleted
    If you go for a 1H then fast speed is of vital importance so that it can scale very well with your OH, ring and amulet damage.

What stats are best is completely relevant to your gear and we can't answer that for you. We'll need a lot more information on your current stats, planned build, itemization and budget to tell you anything in more detail. Usually weapon DPS trumps intelligence on weapons but it of course depends on how much DPS and how much intelligence. The breakpoints depend on the rest of your gear.

For reference currently I'm using an 820 DPS 1 hander with 1.71 speed and a 100-300 dmg offhand. Collectively they provide the same on-paper DPS as a 1320 2hander and they cost me about 500k each.

Deleted
    Depends on your build really, I used a fast 1 hand for Forked lightning stunlock build doesn't work very well after the attack speed nerf to items. When using a 2 hand slow weapon I stack crit and crit dmg and use Arcane missile charged blast/seeker and Arcane orb obliteration, with lvl 60+ gear you'll see huge 300,000+ crits

I used to use the stunlock build in act 3 where you could keep hordes of creatures permanantly stunned and not worry about taking dmg even if they were right next to you but now it's almost impossible now to get 3 attacks per second so that build is out.

Thing to note is that you can get 8-8.5 crit chance on your off hand which is great for gearing up for crit. But getting high dps weapon with socket, extra crit damage and int will cost a fortune. I would stick to getting weapon with crit damage and possibly socket and source with crit chance and high bonus damage. Whether you want fast or slow weapon may depend on your build.

Also after last patch the demand for crit damage weapons has risen, so you will not get as good deal as before. You may have to do with something that does not have a socket, but has 80%-100% bonus crit damage as a property or something that does not have bonus crit damage, but does have socket.

And keep in mind that crit damage/crit chance get better and better the more of it you have. Head, bracers, gloves, necklace, rings ... all these items can have crit chance and some can have crit damage as well.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.