Deleted

a few questions about combat pve

hey guys, since i've started playing again there are some questions i'm not sure about as combat rogue (pve).
    so i hope you could help me.

1. tricks
    if cd < 10 sec, do i delay AR or should i just AR and clip tricks right at the end of AR? (4pc bonus)

2. AR / KS
    do i use both abilities on CD asap or am i supposed to wait for something special except trinkets? (bandit's guile?)

3. SnD
    sometimes my SnD is about to expire (3-1 sec) while AR is ready. should i AR without refreshing SnD?

4. BF + weaponswitch
    no'khaled + sleeper/dreamer. is it useful to switch between dagger/no'khaled for trash (BF) / singletarget dps?

i appreciate any advice/answer.

1. From just a personal dps standpoint, you should pop AR and tricks after AR is finished. The T13 2set bonus will then help lower the AR cooldown.

2. General rule of thumb is use both on cooldown. There are some exception to the rule. Say AR has 10sec left on cooldown and KS 20, wait for KS to come off down and use KS first. THen pop AR cause AR will help lower the cooldown of your next KS. Also delay cooldowns to optimal moments for certain mechanics of a boss fight such as adds on Yor'saj. Do not wait too long, maybe 5 - 10sec max.

3. You always want SnD up. Never let it drop. Its better to refresh with 1 CP then let it drop and refresh with 5cp. Feel free to refresh SnD during AR.

4. I am not 100% sure what you are asking here, but I will take a stab at it. No'Kal is not ideal for BF cause its proc does not proc BF. The only benefits of weapon switching would be is to gain some extra secondary stats. In reality, the dps loss caused by switching would outweigh the gains. General rule of thumb, go with your highest iLevel slow main hand, and highest ilevel fast off-hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueDurr View Post
    3. You always want SnD up. Never let it drop. Its better to refresh with 1 CP then let it drop and refresh with 5cp. Feel free to refresh SnD during AR.

4. I am not 100% sure what you are asking here, but I will take a stab at it. No'Kal is not ideal for BF cause its proc does not proc BF. The only benefits of weapon switching would be is to gain some extra secondary stats. In reality, the dps loss caused by switching would outweigh the gains. General rule of thumb, go with your highest iLevel slow main hand, and highest ilevel fast off-hand.
    3. hm. would it be wise to delay AR for a full duration of SnD instead of popping SnD while AR is running? i thought it would be a dps-loss using SnD while AR is running.

4. yeah. no'khaled (normal) is better than the daggers (dreamer/sleeper) cause of the proc. but this proc is not affected by bladeflurryl, so the dagger could be better because of theire set bonus (to compensate the faster speed) - that was my thought.

thank you very much for your answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraa View Post
    3. hm. would it be wise to delay AR for a full duration of SnD instead of popping SnD while AR is running? i thought it would be a dps-loss using SnD while AR is running.

4. yeah. no'khaled (normal) is better than the daggers (dreamer/sleeper) cause of the proc. but this proc is not affected by bladeflurryl, so the dagger could be better because of theire set bonus (to compensate the faster speed) - that was my thought.

M'kay, I'll see if I can help you out here...

3.) Ideally, you shouldn't be in that position. In any case, a 1 combo point Slice lasts long enough for the entire duration of Adrenaline Rush. However, yes, you should use Adrenaline Rush ASAP (Fulfilling certain requirements that I will mention near the end of this post). If that means you refresh slice and dice midway through it, so be it. Slice and Dice is more powerful than Adrenaline Rush anyway. It is the most single most important DPS tool a rogue has.

4.) To clarify, simply use No'khaled for fights where Blade Flurry isn't an option during the fight (So, pure single target bosses). If you use Blade Flurry during a fight, use the daggers. I'm sure you can understand the logic behind this. Finally, to further clarify what Rogue was saying, there's no benefit in using No'khaled in fights then swapping to the dagger during a "blade flurry moment", followed by returning to No'khaled when you turn blade flurry off. While you're theoretically using both in the most ideal circumstance, the loss of weapon swings, potential energy capping, loss of Global Cooldowns and the like actually mean you lose more than you will gain.

2. AR / KS
    do i use both abilities on CD asap or am i supposed to wait for something special except trinkets? (bandit's guile?)
    2.) Instead of answering this as simply as possible, I'm just going to tell you the most ideal time to use these cooldowns. If both Killing Spree and Adrenaline Rush are up, use Killing Spree first. As using Eviscerate reduces the cooldown of both Adrenaline Rush and Killing Spree, and you can fight a hell of a lot of Eviscerates in an Adrenaline Rush, this means that you'll actually gain more killing spree's through the course of the fight. Using it after Adrenaline Rush would mean you would effectively lose some benefit in the Eviscerates during Adrenaline Rush.

On to Adrenaline Rush. To be used when Killing Spree is on Cooldown. Any time Killing Spree is on cooldown it benefits from the Eviscerates you're using. In addition to this, make sure your energy is as low as possible. Finally, try to be on 5 combo points as you use it. That way, Adrenaline Rush immediately loses some of its cooldown, and you will likely fit more eviscerates into this time by doing so. This should also pull you into deeper levels of insight quicker during the duration of Adrenaline Rush. More often than not you'll spend the entire duration of Deep Insight with Adrenaline Rush up so using it on cooldown is advised, considering the amount of time you'll spend in Deep Insight in any case.

Sorry for being quite extensive, I just wanted to explain the theory behind what I'm saying. If I've explained this well enough, that would mean that you understand why it works like this and why it will benefit you instead of blindly following a few written down rules. In fact, I shall do that now for a summary:

Use Killing Spree on Cooldown (Except if Adrenaline Rush is up)
    Use Adrenaline Rush when Killing Spree is on cooldown, and you have 5 combo points.
    From then on, both should be used on cooldown when Energy is low and the requirements are fulfilled.

That will get you the most out of your cooldowns, at least that's how I've understood it... I hope what I've written has been at least some what helpful to you.

Methias.

Deleted
    ok, thank you very very much! it's a real great post and thanks for taking the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraa View Post

3. Delaying AR by more then a few seconds is bad. And it a very minor dps to refresh SnD during AR, like 10 energy type lose, which is pretty much nothing. You would cause larger loses else where by say delaying AR or mico-managing.*

4. Sorry, i was thinking normal no'kal vs. fear/vengeance. But my 2nd part is still correct. Go with your highest ilvl weapon/dps.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueDurr View Post
    3. Delaying AR by more then a few seconds is bad. And it a very minor dps to refresh SnD during AR, like 10 energy type lose, which is pretty much nothing. You would cause larger loses else where by say delaying AR or mico-managing.*
    I'd argue that you're wrong, slice is extremely important, it should always be >99% uptime, no matter what.
    Slice is your best tool to have, and letting it drop for even a few seconds is extremely detrimental in the long run.