10+ Year Old Account
    any *RTS* games that are turn-based or with active pause? might be old titles

nothing new of the RTS genre, like Stormgate for example, brings nothing revolutionary to the table.
    makes me wonder if i should seek something different than *RTS*
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    any *RTS* games that are turn-based or with active pause? might be old titles

nothing new of the RTS genre, like Stormgate for example, brings nothing revolutionary to the table.
    makes me wonder if i should seek something different than *RTS*
    IIRC you could pause during Suikoden 5's RTS segments, however most of the game is 6 man JRPG party gameplay rather than RTS segments.

For flight sims what do you all think about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 vs X-Plane 12?

Also which one has better support or flight models for military aircraft? I'm only looking for a few specific aircraft: AH-1 (prefer earlier models), H-53 (C, M or H doesnt matter), H-60 (H or U doesnt matter), C-5, C-17 and C-141. Might also be nice to see Mosquito XEL or Robinson R22.

That's a fantastic thread topic! It's a great space for gamers to share their preferences and get tailored game recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    For flight sims what do you all think about Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 vs X-Plane 12?

Also which one has better support or flight models for military aircraft? I'm only looking for a few specific aircraft: AH-1 (prefer earlier models), H-53 (C, M or H doesnt matter), H-60 (H or U doesnt matter), C-5, C-17 and C-141. Might also be nice to see Mosquito XEL or Robinson R22.
    X-Plane will pretty much always have the better physics and more realistic flight model, MSFS tends to have better graphics and more 3rd party add-ons.

DCS World has probably the best flight models for realism, but it's restricted to just a few aircraft and areas in the world and is a military flight-sim - no airliners, though a C130 Hercules is in development (don't expect to see that for a few years yet though). DCS is free to play, though you only get 2 aircraft with it (SU-25T with a non-clickable cockpit, and the trainer version of the P-51 Mustang with a clickable cockpit but no weapons). Both the free aircraft have a realistic flight model though.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    X-Plane will pretty much always have the better physics and more realistic flight model, MSFS tends to have better graphics and more 3rd party add-ons.
    Do add-on aircraft tend to have better flight models in XP as well? or does it just depend on the one making the addon? a long time ago when i played MSFS 95/98/2000 (i dont remember which one) i got a few large military aircraft, i think an SR71 was one of them. I remember flying the plane around upside down and it didnt crash or anything. I did see something on YT about how an F14 developer for DCS just released an F14 for MSFS. So thats something i might look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    DCS World has probably the best flight models for realism, but it's restricted to just a few aircraft and areas in the world and is a military flight-sim - no airliners, though a C130 Hercules is in development (don't expect to see that for a few years yet though). DCS is free to play, though you only get 2 aircraft with it (SU-25T with a non-clickable cockpit, and the trainer version of the P-51 Mustang with a clickable cockpit but no weapons). Both the free aircraft have a realistic flight model though.
    I might get into DCS too on the side, but i was only looking at the AH64 for that, AH1 if they ever release one. I used to play Janes Longbow 2 way back in the day. I'm not too big on dogfighting, i like doing attack/bomber stuff instead. I did think about getting a few other planes for DCS and just doing "training" flights like touch and go's hehe. But that seems like a big waste for DCS and I cant fly to other parts of the world if i wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Do add-on aircraft tend to have better flight models in XP as well? or does it just depend on the one making the addon? a long time ago when i played MSFS 95/98/2000 (i dont remember which one) i got a few large military aircraft, i think an SR71 was one of them. I remember flying the plane around upside down and it didnt crash or anything. I did see something on YT about how an F14 developer for DCS just released an F14 for MSFS. So thats something i might look into.
    That F-14 for MSFS is developed by the same guys that did the F-14 for DCS, considered one of the best DCS modules, an absolute beast to fly. From what I understand, the MSFS version is almost as good.

As for X-Plane modules, as I understand it it is down to each individual module as to how accurate a flight model they have. I only have a passing knowledge of X-Plane though, I've always been a military flight-simmer. Your best bet would be to have a look at Reddit - there are a few sub-Reddits on flight simming that will be able to better advise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can u play deep rock galactic solo? I know its mainly a coop game, but im considering buying since its on sale now.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Please add Brighter Shores Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonly View Post
    Please add Brighter Shores Thanks in advance!
    Make your own thread to talk about it but don't advertise something that isn't even out yet. This is the request a game/suggest a game thread.