Deleted
    What DOA stands for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therier88 View Post
    What DOA stands for?
    dead on arrival I guess

Deleted
    I'm looking for a city builder survival game, of sorts.

What I imagined is that it would be like any other city builder -gather resources, manage economics, build your city, and all that jazz.-, but with a twist. Zombie apocalypse! I want a city builder where defensive and offensive structures and planning is in focus. Your camp or city needs to withstand the outside forces and you have to "risk" citizens to go outside the confines of your camp to gather necessities and resources.

If you've seen TWD: Imagine a game where you take the role as the Governor and your job is to create "Woodbury", keep your inhabitants safe and at the same time divide labour and plan expansion possibilities etc. That's the type of game I want. TWD:City builder. I doesn't necessarily have to be zombie themed. Just that type of survival city builder game would be nice. Anyone knows if something like that exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Anybody know of a decent game with a Battlemage/Mage Knight type of class?
    i gather from your post that you're looking for an mmo that provides that class, right? not a singleplayer rpg or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    I'm looking for a city builder survival game, of sorts.
    you haven't watched the recent "wtf is..." on Banished, by any chance, have you?^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i gather from your post that you're looking for an mmo that provides that class, right? not a singleplayer rpg or something like that?

you haven't watched the recent "wtf is..." on Banished, by any chance, have you?^^
    That's exactly the place I just came from. I didn't know I wanted this type of game until I watched that episode of "WTF is..", hehe. xD

Banished is a bit lacking though. I feel they could have gone a bit further and added more survival aspects.

Deleted
    I dunno if Clockwork Empires is what you're after, but it's a steam-era city builder with some Cthulhu Mythos stuff thrown in. Not sure how much survival is involved, but it looks great, should be launching at some point this spring.

Deleted
    Yeah, that looks interesting actually. Thanks for the tip, i'll keep my eyes on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    That's exactly the place I just came from. I didn't know I wanted this type of game until I watched that episode of "WTF is..", hehe. xD

Banished is a bit lacking though. I feel they could have gone a bit further and added more survival aspects.
    yeah, i agree. i'll probably still try Banished, but it does seem to have a rather limited scope.

Are there any empire building games out there that are somewhat the same as Garrisons (or what we know of Garrisons so far anyway)? As in, building your own little village/castle, sending parties of heroes on adventures to improve your army and castle. I guess something like Clash of Clans, but single player and a bit faster paced. By a bit, I mean not building for two years to get maxed out. But a few dozens of hours, so an average single player campaign.

Edit: Multiplayer would work as well, I guess. Co-op would be preferred.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft #1 MMORPG since 2004!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Are there any empire building games out there that are somewhat the same as Garrisons (or what we know of Garrisons so far anyway)? As in, building your own little village/castle, sending parties of heroes on adventures to improve your army and castle. I guess something like Clash of Clans, but single player and a bit faster paced. By a bit, I mean not building for two years to get maxed out. But a few dozens of hours, so an average single player campaign.

Edit: Multiplayer would work as well, I guess. Co-op would be preferred.
    sooo.... are you looking for "empire building games" or ones where you just build/improve one village/castle? because "empire" generally means something as large as half a continent worth of landmass :P

there are plenty good games that let you build your own empire, from something like the Total War series, over Anno or Civilization to even Mount & Blade. but none of those are anywhere close to something like garrisons or Clash of Clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    sooo.... are you looking for "empire building games" or ones where you just build/improve one village/castle? because "empire" generally means something as large as half a continent worth of landmass :P

there are plenty good games that let you build your own empire, from something like the Total War series, over Anno or Civilization to even Mount & Blade. but none of those are anywhere close to something like garrisons or Clash of Clans.
    Well, I'd say Garrison is an empire, seeing as you'll be leading dozens of highly trained heroes to do your dirty work. But yeah, empire might be stretching it, hehe. I'm more interested in something like Spacebase DF-9, but with a little more emphasis on defeating foes and a lot more polished (i.e., not in alpha).

I'm looking to getting into RTS games on the PC. I play mostly MMORPG's, but haven't had much time for them lately. I know absolutely nothing of RTS games, other than they look a bit complex.

What I'm looking for in the RTS:

Space ships!
    Something that I can keep playing without there being a forced ending. (I want to continue to build my empire!)
    3D models. (I don't care if it's top down or from the side. I would like to see 3D models.)
    Single player.
    Realistic scaling of ships, planets, space stations, etc. (Isn't a must, but is preferred.)
    Relatively new (supports windows 8.1, windowed full screen mode, and alt tabbing.)
    Can colonize planets.
    Customize ships with all sorts of different weaponry.
    Can order fleets, transport, or resource scavenging ships to where ever.
    Can learn skills (like advancing in technology, diplomacy, or medicine.)
    Preferably real time, but it isn't a must.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I'm looking to getting into RTS games on the PC. I play mostly MMORPG's, but haven't had much time for them lately. I know absolutely nothing of RTS games, other than they look a bit complex.

Space ships!
    Something that I can keep playing without there being a forced ending. (I want to continue to build my empire!)
    3D models. (I don't care if it's top down or from the side. I would like to see 3D models.)
    Single player.
    Realistic scaling of ships, planets, space stations, etc. (Isn't a must, but is preferred.)
    Relatively new (supports windows 8.1, windowed full screen mode, and alt tabbing.)
    Can colonize planets.
    The only game I know that has all that(To some degree) is Spore, a very overlooked game by many since it looks kinda childish, but it's a great game. It's not as much an RTS as it is a simulator of sorts. The game is partitioned up into different stages with different types of gameplay. They vary from Godmode(Think Black&white) to RTS to City Builder to Space simulator. I'll explain below.

Basically you start off as a single celled organism whose only agenda is to eat in order to gain DNA points. With these DNA points you can then upgrade your organism into the next stage of evolution, add legs to it, decide whether it'll be a carnivore,herbivore or omnivore etc. Eventually you'll reach a point where your creature/species dominate their planet, this will progress them into the next stage of evolution, tribes. In the tribes stage your goal is to either destroy or negotiate peace between your planets many different tribes and lifeforms. Once you accomplished to bring everyone "under the same roof" you'll progress into yet another stage of evolution called the city stage.

The city stage is essentially a city builder module. In this stage you get to gather resources to help your city progress, design houses, ground/air/water vehicles and choose which alignment you want your city to take(Military/Political/Religious). Once you gather enough resources you'll be able to start the empire module. It's essentially the same as the city module but now your goal is to unite your entire planet, again, choice is yours how you want to accomplish that. Once that's done you get to the Space module, this is where the game really starts. You get to design your own spaceship and with it you can explore the entire galaxy, conquer alien planets, negotiate alliances between different alien races, or start galactic and planetary wars.

The entire purpose of the game is to reach the center of the galaxy, to find the question that all life inevitably ask itself *Why are we here?*.
    It's one of the best RTS/Simulator/Godgames I have ever played. I enjoyed every minute of it and I think you might too.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2014-02-19 at 04:38 AM.

I actually have spore right now. I haven't played in forever though.

Question Skill system based MMORPG anyone know of??

Hey y'all, I really miss DFO (Darkfall Online) and DF:UW (Darkfall Unholy Wars) just just absolutely sucks. I'm trying to find a good game that is as good as DFO. currently i'm starting MO (Mortal Online)...but it's decent...but eh...just no the same...Shroud of the Avatar seems okay as well..but idk..Here's what I am searching for currently in a game:

a) Skill/stat based system (MUST HAVE)
    b) no classes (prefferred)
    c) doesn't matter if sub or no sub
    d) has PvP (MUST HAVE)
    e) Realistic/FPS-like aim (not autotarget) (DEFINITELY PREFERRED) Think Elder Scrolls....DFO.

I hope i'm not being too vague..and/or too restrictive...haha thanks in advance for your help!

cheers!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post

Space ships!
    Single player.
    Can colonize planets.
    Check out Star Ruler. It seems to fit everything you are talking about.

Deleted
    Hey there guys!

I was looking for a new rts to play, since they are closing down Age of empires online and I'm not anymore into starcraft2.
    So I accidentally came across ths new game, it's called 0 A.D..
    it's still in alpha phase, but man, it's awesome for those whom, like me, worship the aoe series and like historic based rts.

For a game in it's early stages it's incredible! the graphics, the details, everything about it it's stunning!
    If any of you is interested in playing it, send me a private message so we can play a couple of games together, I'm a newbie too and still in the process of learning the game, having some buddy to play with would be nice!

I've been watching Log Horizon and it has given me the urge to play a support class like an enchanter or bard in an MMORPG. I don't want to pay for a subscription. Is there anything good out there for me?

Deleted
    My father's birthday is coming up, and ever since he bought an iMac (I believe the 2013 model, with 802.11ac WiFi), he's looking for games to play on there. I thought i'd give him a Steam game or 2 for his birthday. He doesn't have Steam yet, or any games, but doesn't gifting games also work on an email address?

anyway, here are the important bits:

NOT NEGOTIABLE, NEED TO BE FILLED:
    1) Mac compatible;
    2) point & click adventure, or adventure in general;
    3) NO combat or other high-speed actions, unless it's in the context of a puzzle and done by solving the puzzle. this also includes QTE events like in The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us.

optional, but recommended
    4) no puzzles with overly short time limits;
    5) a bit of comedy might be nice;
    6) if possible, an option for Dutch subtitles.