Poll: Who will win in 1 vs 1 combat

10+ Year Old Account

Ghaleon VS Sephiroth

First brief profile for both characters:

Ghaleon:

Ghaleon was one of the original Four Heroes, was originally the Premier of the Magic Guild in Vane, and was widely known as the most powerful mage ever. He once competed with Dyne, his best friend, to see who would become the Dragonmaster, and narrowly lost. Once spirited and happy, he became melancholy with the death of Dragonmaster Dyne. he became mad at Althena because she supposedly sent Dyne to pacify the rampaging Black Dragon, which was laying waste to the land, leading to Dyne's "death" (actually, he just lost his powers and became Laike). At some point, Ghaleon found out that Dyne was alive. Ghaleon went insane over this as he felt that Althena and the 4 dragons shouldn't have needed to send his best friend out to die, and began to believe he should rule instead. After that incident, Ghaleon intended to capture and control Althena in a human incarnation.

Sephiroth:

Sephiroth was once the most powerful member of SOLDIER, Shinra's elite military division,who was celebrated as a heroic veteran of the Shinra Wutai war. After the war, however, Sephiroth was sent on a mission to the village of Nibelheim, wherein he discovered that he was the product of a biological experiment that combined a human fetus with tissue from the extraterrestrial lifeform Jenova. Learning that alien, his "mother," attempted to take control of the planet years ago, Sephiroth decides to follow in her footsteps.[20] Sephiroth then burns down the entire village and kills many, but is assumed dead after a confrontation with Cloud Strife.A few years later, Sephiroth once again appears to continue his mission.

So yeah who do you think will win in 1 vs 1 combat also sorry about Ghaleon picture if it's too big kinda noob in these stuff. :P

Is this to see who'd look better in a dress? I think they are both fairly girly, but Seph has softer feminine features. He'd probably look good in a black dress with light green accents, possibly some green accessories to match the tint of his eyes.

Seafoam green dangling earnings, in a lovely ornate shape. The dress would be frilly and lovely, with a corset topping and laced bottom, wearing a lovely intricate patterned stockings and some killer heels to boot. His lips might look good in a fabulous shade of crimson, perhaps a pinkish skin tone just to make them appear glossy and light.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-06-24 at 10:37 PM.

Deleted
    Both of the descriptions are too ambiguous to make an informed choice. "Dyne beats Ghaleon" doesn't say much when you have no idea who either Ghaleon or Dyne is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Both of the descriptions are too ambiguous to make an informed choice. "Dyne beats Ghaleon" doesn't say much when you have no idea who either Ghaleon or Dyne is.
    Well about Ghaleon being the strongest mage in his time is more than enough info to describe how powerful he is although got much stronger later on. About Sephiroth he was the strongest soldier in Shinra organization and then he became much much stronger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well about Ghaleon being the strongest mage in his time is more than enough info to describe how powerful he is although got much stronger later on. About Sephiroth he was the strongest soldier in Shinra organization and then he became much much stronger.
    Being the strongest mage says nothing about your actual power, it only describes your relative power. It imparts absolutely no information in this case. The strongest ant in the world wouldn't beat the weakest human.

Ghaleon by a landslide solely because of magic prowess, we saw how he faired against Dyne who was, like Sephiroth, more enchanted Melee. Without materia, Sephirothe is just another sword wielding nut job. Though Ghaleon didnt really go insane, he was just really pissed off and decided he should be the one calling the shots in the first game. In the second, he became more of a tragic hero because while he played the part of the villain, he tried to make up for his mistakes in the end really.

As for character development, yeah Ghaleon too. Personally, those two games, Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue, were much richer in story and development than FF7 could ever hope to be. Square dropped the ball in terms of engaging plots after 6 and went the route of "Cool 3D visuals".

Of course this being Sephirothe, all the frothing FF7 fanboys will choose him regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Being the strongest mage says nothing about your actual power, it only describes your relative power. It imparts absolutely no information in this case. The strongest ant in the world wouldn't beat the weakest human.
    That's true but they are both humans to begin with maybe Sephiroth had some Jenova DNA within him which make him stronger than the average human soldier then later he becomes like a dark god with his one winged angel transformation capable of destroying the entire planet. Same goes with Ghaleon he start off as the strongest human mage in the world then later on he gained so much power to make him even capable of controlling Athena a powerful Goddess.

Guess who I voted for.

Though, Ghaleon would put up a hell of a fight. They need to make more (good) Lunar games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiirow View Post
    Ghaleon by a landslide solely because of magic prowess, we saw how he faired against Dyne who was, like Sephiroth, more enchanted Melee. Without materia, Sephirothe is just another sword wielding nut job. Though Ghaleon didnt really go insane, he was just really pissed off and decided he should be the one calling the shots in the first game. In the second, he became more of a tragic hero because while he played the part of the villain, he tried to make up for his mistakes in the end really.

As for character development, yeah Ghaleon too. Personally, those two games, Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue, were much richer in story and development than FF7 could ever hope to be. Square dropped the ball in terms of engaging plots after 6 and went the route of "Cool 3D visuals".

Of course this being Sephirothe, all the frothing FF7 fanboys will choose him regardless.
    Just because you don't like a game, or like a different game, doesn't make everyone with different opinions "frothing fanboys".

I for one hated FF6 for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was the predictable and boring story. I also liked FF7. Doesn't mean I think anyone that disagrees with me is somehow wrong or flawed.

Ghaleon would win in a fight but loses in this vote due to popularity reasons.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While it's hard to meaningfully compare relative power levels from two completely different games, I'm going to have to give this one to Sephiroth. The overall power level in the Lunar games is much lower than the intentionally over the top craziness in FF7.

(I'm also a little surprised that so many people have actually played Lunar.)

I voted Ghaleon for the sole reason of me knowing who Sephiroth is.
    and FFVII is the worst of all the acknowledged FF-games, ie, I-IX

Quote Originally Posted by Shiirow View Post

call me crazy but the only materia sephiroth has ever used was the black materia to summon meteor, other than that he always used his sword skills, and it doesnt even mather if his oponent is a magic user as you can see in the following vid

someone else might have gotten it wrong.