Poll: Have you lost faith in Bioware?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Have you lost faith in Bioware?

Simple question, have you begun or have already lost faith in Bioware in recent years? I personally haven't, although I do disagree with some of Bioware's decisions as of late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, only one of their games has disappointed me, and it wasn't made in Canada, but in Texas.

All video game developers act like douches currently. Bioware is MIIIIIILES away from the leaders - EA and CAPCOM.

And Bioware recently made Mass Effect III, a great game with just one arguable flaw. And they want to fix this one God damn flaw. Just because a group of fans whined. That makes this company look really good for me.

No I haven't lost faith in them. I had fun playing Me3 and look forward to the EC and dragon age 3!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Sorry.

Yes. I didn't like DA2, I very much did not like how ME3 ended, and I did not like SWoWTOR. However, most importantly, I have not liked how they have treated their customers, and how haughty they have become. I haven't seen a head that big sine John Romero wanted to make everyone his bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    BioWare is really one of the only companies out there this generation that doesn't have a log rammed up their ass. They are also one of the only companies putting out quality or worthwhile RPG titles, which have been extremely scarce in this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Nope. Sorry.
    Not sure why you're saying sorry when I personally said I didn't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Awaiting Dragon Age 3... even after how bad Dragon Age 2 was I am still willing to give them a second chance

DA2 was an okey game, even though it had its bad sides, like repeated scenery.
    ME3 was a fantastic game, except the ending which was hated by many fans (myself not included).
    SWTOR is an okeyish game, not something for me, but still .. It has more than 1 million players.
    Why are we not trusting them?

DA2, ME3, and SWTOR were all subpar for me. Looking at their older games and then their newer ones, I'm left wondering what has happened to them. I know that it isn't nostalgia or anything, because I'm still having a blast with other new games that have been coming out from other companies. It's specifically Bioware that hasn't been sitting well with me. Here's hoping that they turn it around with DA3.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    DA2, ME3, and SWTOR were all subpar for me. Looking at their older games and then their newer ones, I'm left wondering what has happened to them. I know that it isn't nostalgia or anything, because I'm still having a blast with other new games that have been coming out from other companies. It's specifically Bioware that hasn't been sitting well with me. Here's hoping that they turn it around with DA3.
    Making games with the broadest appeal possible for the broadest market possible. The same thing that's been happening to gaming companies everywhere. They are symptomatic of this IMO but I still like the games they make.

BioWare has made one of my all time favorite games, SW:KOTOR. I loved every second of it, and still take it out and play it every once and awhile.

However, as much as I hate to say it, I think that they will suffer the same fate as all companies who have been brought by EA. Their products will go down in quality, more DLCS, Origin, etc, etc, and eventually they'll be gone. Sadly .

The following image describes it quite well:

http://i.imgur.com/u9w2Y.jpg

EDIT: Put it in a link because it's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What kind of faith is there to be had and why would you lose it? AFAIK they have made one great game after the other? From what I hear also SWoToR is good fun - did you really expect 5 million subs on release?
    No, but you expected the mmo to be able to retain the pay 2 play model and not have to shell out to turn it into a f2p model with micro transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    No, but you expected the mmo to be able to retain the pay 2 play model and not have to shell out to turn it into a f2p model with micro transactions.
    Which it hasn't done...

15+ Year Old Account
    I never had faith to begin with because I'm not some blind fanboy to anything. It feels great. But I do think the last few bioware games have been pretty awful though.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Which it hasn't done...
    With the way the gaming media and I should add this very forum glommed on to that story as if it were gospel fact I can't say I totally blame him for being misinformed. It's been roughly 6 months of swtor going through many changes and improvements but no news on mmo champ. The unconfirmed f2p story however gets front page press. I gave up expecting them to cover actual mmo news (hell they spend more time on D3) but the fact that they posted this story without being able to confirm it in the slightest was a bit saddening.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-24 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    With the way the gaming media and I should add this very forum glommed on to that story as if it were gospel fact I can't say I totally blame him for being misinformed.
    Media (even gaming media), misrepresenting stories? NONSENSE!

Really enjoyed their games to begin with, but as time went on they just seemed to get worse and worse. Not sure if it's sequelitis or their games are actually just getting worse, but it's hard to tell since they haven't had a new IP since Dragon Age. Part of me thinks EA has dug their claws too deep into them now and they're just churning out crap to cash in on their previously earned popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Media (even gaming media), misrepresenting stories? NONSENSE!
    I agree. However this forum doing it is another matter entirely....