What to do when ore prices double?

So, for the last 2 days elementium ore has been double the price, from around 1g per ore to 2g. I'm guessing Blizzard did a banwave on hacked/botted accounts.

Anyways, I usually keep my reserves low being this late in the expansion to ensure I steadily move profit, so I'm out and now I'm moving the last of my product. Should I go ahead and buy anyways to continue the shuffle, knowing my profit margins will take a hit? Cut Ruby prices are from 70-100g on my server depending on day and time, and though I've reset the market a few times they always go back down to that price within 24 hours and my profit from that is minimal at best. I've also considered Stormforged Shoulders to DE with my BS, but the Heavenly Shard market is also rather volatile on my server/faction with prices varying widely from 80G down to 60G so profit isn't assured with that method either.

So, should I just shut down for a day or so, watching the prices like a hawk hoping they'll drop again or should I just accept that my profit margin is about to be cut in half?

Deleted
    All servers are different. I wouldnt consider 40g a stack to prevent me making a profit. If they have been 20g for a long time then decide whether you want a break or want to compete. Its boredom rather than price that prevents me buying lare amounts, although I have a reasonable stock of gems and ore still.

Do you want the money? Are you prepared to put in the time? If so o for it or if not just take a break it isnt going anywhere. An efficient JC as opposed to a shuffler will make 2 or 3x as mich pofit as a basic shuffler.

Deleted
    Perhaps Blizzard did a banwave, or someone just decided to jump into the ore market.

What you should do really depends on how much you need the gold: I have enough that I don't mind going without income from one market for several weeks when profit margins are too low for my taste, but if you're short you may just need to accept lower margins.

In theory, if the ore prices remain doubled for any length of time, things created from said ores will double in price also. There will just be some lag while people who don't notice the increase in raw material sell their current inventory at pre-increase prices.

It's also likely ore prices will drop again (either when the botters return, or regular farmers notice that they can get twice as much as usual for ore).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...you're complaining about ore going up to 40g a stack? I need to move to your server >.>

Actually, I'm happily selling my ore stacks for around 65g still. So count yourself blessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Well, ore prices came down to about 29g per stack this morning, which is still higher than last week but low enough for me to buy back in. So maybe it was just a panic, I'm sure this weekend they'll drop once again.

Moral of the story: if you see a ton of ore for 1g a pop, buy until you can't buy anymore. :P

Actually, I'm happily selling my ore stacks for around 65g still. So count yourself blessed.
    Wow...prices for stuff on your server have to be ridiculous then. You realize the shuffle drives the entire economy right?

Wonder what ruby cuts go for on your server as well as the price of enchanting mats.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-06-28 at 03:11 PM.

What to do when ore price doubles?

FARM ORE! DOUBLE PRICES!

Deleted
    blackmist was about to say it farm ore, make money on the broken ecodemy it good money to do that but i also like to farm a lot of one thing, then over under-sell stuff to force the price down

If ore was 20G a stack I would buy it all, prospect, and just vendor and make a profit.... (I wouldn't do this, I'd make other stuff, but selling to the vendor would still make a profit)

just shut down for a day....it will be better