Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How do you wear your watch?

Strange topic maybe :P

Has to be left wrist for me. Worn on the underarm (clock faces the ground if arm is stretch out level) so have to twist my arm a bit to see the time, but feels natural some how ;p

Most people who work with their hands will wear a wrist watch on their off hand with the crystal of the watch on the palm side. This keeps you from banging the crystal against objects as you work.

I always have trouble wearing a watch as I can never get comfortable with one. Metal straps pinch my arm hairs whereas leather gets sticky with sweat.

I usually wear mine with the face on the top of the wrist though. Classic in a way.

I can understand yours though. Protecting the face from rubbing up against some surface other than your own clothing accidentally.

I wear it in my pocket.

And I call it my phone.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    On my mobile phone

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wear one. Never got used to wearing one (I tried), as it just feels uncomfortable. I just check my cell phone for time.

15+ Year Old Account
    On my forehead. I headbutt people when they ask me for the time.

People still use watches? I really cannot remember seeing someone with a watch in years, except my bank advisor.

I used to wear my watches on my left wrist, with the clockface visible with the back of my hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wear it face up on my left wrist, or at least I did before the type I like stopped being made, and my old one died. Just using my phone for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I wear it in my pocket.

And I call it my phone.
    I came here to post this... You beat me to it.

Deleted
    When I wear a normal watch I usually wear it on my left arm with the face facing outwards. But most of the time I wear my pocket-watch. In my left pocket on my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I do, usually only when I'm in uniform, left wrist, facing up (not on the underside)

Otherwise, it's my phone. And I use my phone more often in uniform as well. I an an aerial porter, I work around cargo and on hangar floors, the flight line and within cargo aircraft, and in those areas watches and jewelry aren't allowed for safety reasons.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A watch is a piece of jewelry, meant to be seen. They also tell time. Anyone who wears a watch upside down is doing it wrong. Plus, most mens watches now are larger in diameter. I'm talking about real watches, not cheap velcro ones or the ones you'd see at walmart for $12.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    I came here to post this... You beat me to it.
    I don't even have a traditional alarm clock anymore... I use my old cell phone for that.

So as not to fully derail: when I do wear a watch (which is almost never), it's on my off-hand (left), with the face up (opposite of palm).

I have a pocketwatch. Wristwatches make my wrists sweat.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I wear it in my pocket.

And I call it my phone.
    same ive never been much for any jewelry cept my wedding band so i never wear a watch or necklace etc i just use my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

I wear my watch on my off hand (left) with the face on the palm side.

Started doing that due to running -- makes it much easier to check time without messing with my arm movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    same ive never been much for any jewelry cept my wedding band so i never wear a watch or necklace etc i just use my phone
    Yeah, this comment made me think... I don't do jewelry either, usually.

The only time I wear a watch (and I have a couple very nice ones) is when I'm going full blown dress up with a good suit and tie and everything.

Deleted
    Either on my left wrist, facing upwards.

Or use my phone.