Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    This is how I do it:

1. Move the pawn in front of king
    2. Change to king
    3. Move if in fire
    4. Loot
    This. Nothing else needed

Deleted
    I solod it once a loooong time ago... but i cant for the life of me remember how i did it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I start game, leave king, move pawns in front of king and queen, use queen, blast enemy king, if my king gets set on fire i swap to him and move, then go back to queen until she dies, always moving king from fire, once queen dies stay on king and win =p

I thought everyone knew what the chess event was...

10+ Year Old Account
    It sometimes takes me a couple tries, but the fight is definitely soloable.

I don't use any real strategy. I move the kind out of fire, I try to kill the shit in front of the other king, and anything that is damaging my king (since it's usually easier to do that then shuffle pieces to try to move him).

I usually only jump in a healer if the king is low, otherwise I think I use the queen or water guy to just kill stuff.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

what has worked for me 100% of the time so far is
    move pawn in front of king
    move pawn in front of bishop
    move knight to in front of king
    get in king and start spamming heroism/attack
    move king in front of bishop when he gets into fire and move him back when its over

I have solo'ed it...a friend/guild mate of mine solo'ed it last night (and he went to a public school in Texas).
    It is part luck but the strategy suggestions mentioned by Tziva above are pretty solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh I never do it this complicated, i go in king, move pawn in front of him forwards 1 so king has room to move from fire and then just stay in king and pop hero over and over and let the npcs do the work.. then when the opposing king comes at me melee him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    I have solo'ed it...a friend/guild mate of mine solo'ed it last night (and he went to a public school in Texas).
    It is part luck but the strategy suggestions mentioned by Tziva above are pretty solid.
    I hear he did it in 1/4 the time it took you. Plus I hear he's awesome and sexy

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I solod it once a loooong time ago... but i cant for the life of me remember how i did it!
    Same, but I did remember it took me quite a good number of attempts, it is prone to some RNG iirc. Damn fire sometimes ate the hp!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how I do it and it has worked well for me.

I get in a pawn, move it out of the way for the "queen"

Use the queen to get the other side's king's health down as much as possible. After that just get in your own king and hero and move out of fires and get back in the queen until the other king is dead. Chances are that queen will die. Just hop in your king and hero and hit the other king. Heal with the healer if you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    this would probably be easier if i could actually move some of the pieces as it stands the pieces i can move at any given point is so limited i keep wiping
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

As a shaman I just place Healing Stream before I start the game, jump into the king and use w/e comes off cooldown, not even moving out of fire because the totem heals the figure I am in ~2k every 2 seconds or so. God mode. ^_^
    I remember doing it once on a non-shaman, think it was my priest, I pretty much just moved king out of fire and let all the other figures do my work for me. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always one shotted it. Just after you move the water elemental diagonally move the pawn in front of the king or queen, and obviously take over the queen from there onwards. Kill their queen first, than anything that looks threatening to your queen, like a pawn about to kill your pawn which is in front of the king or what have you.

Also, when both your queen and king is lit up on fire, move the queen (which you should be controlling at this point), than your King. Pretty simple from there on.

Edit: I've never moved the elemental on the other side, 1 is enough. No need to waste your time, just kill their king!

I'm pretty sure it can be solo'd.

Was fairly common in TBC to have rogues sneak back in after the Curator was down and nab the loot when everyone else had gone.

Here's what I do.

1. move the pawn in front of the king and the pawn right of him
    2. move the right horse in front of the king
    3. take the king and spam heroism, cleave if you can hit something, and move only to get out of the fire
    4. as soon as the warchief comes for you, confront him directly with the king and kill as fast as possible

It's basically about hiding the king behind as many pieces as possible to avoid being hit entirely and still allowing to dodge the fire, while the game autoplays itself with your pieces profiting from heroism as often as possible.
    Took me a few tries to get a hang of it, but it never failed afterwards. Have been doing that for about a year after Cata release.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-07-04 at 09:01 AM.

damm who knew chess was this complicated? we should get Viswanathan Anand in here to show us how its done hahaha

but seriously just use some strats above.

10+ Year Old Account
    You let him sit in fire then you say you cannot kill the other king in time...i wonder why...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    If the King is in the fire, leave him alone, he'll get healed
    Actually had some advice to give, but it's not even worth it if you can't realize what a bad move this is.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    This is how I do it:

1. Move the pawn in front of king
    2. Change to king
    3. Move if in fire
    4. Loot
    In my eyes yet weaksense, or anything has changed. When I move the pawn and use the king afterwards I struggle hard to reach the their king at all because they block my way all over... when I reach the king I have about 50-40% life left (if I reach it) and he kills me easily... no heal from my healers at all.