Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Low dps in DS - Druid balance

First, thanks to all who try to help me: D

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kkaos/advanced

I'm really having problems with DS. We are currently in a progression 4/8 (trying hagara) and honestly, I think my dps very bad. Normally, I'm in the last recount. We have the DPS:
    1 Shadow Priest
    a Rogue
    1 War Arms
    a Hunter
    1 Lock
    1 Frost DK
    and me

I'm trying the following rotation that always worked for me:

Use IS + MF> SS in the CD and Procs> Starfire. Reach the Solar eclipse. I go to the Lunar eclipse using SS whenever outside CD> Wrath and replace IS + MF when they fall.

Starfall in Lunar eclipse. Force of Nature in Solar Eclipse. Mushroom + Multi Dot's in Solar eclipse for AOE.

What can I do? Has some error in my rotation / build / reforge / equipments?
    Also for apologize for my English, but if not understand something, please ask to speak more clearly.

Deleted
    If you want any decent feedback you're gonna have to link logs.

Deleted
    It might be that... you don't press correct buttons. Hehe but no really, don't expect anything special it's pure math. Level your profession, suck the shit out of your gear and gems and THEN you can start complaining about math being math.

Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    It might be that... you don't press correct buttons. Hehe but no really, don't expect anything special it's pure math. Level your profession, suck the shit out of your gear and gems and THEN you can start complaining about math being math.
    I'm confused. Are you implying that all low dps is simply because of bad gear (which he does not have btw - 400 ilvl)?

OP: Unfortunately you're going to have to link some logs to get any useful tips. Anyone can easily write down a 100 percent perfect rotation - we need to see what you're actually doing and in a raid setting.

2 pretty minor things I instantly noticed when your armory loaded was that you're using the Yor'sahj dagger and boomkin chest. You should be able to get the Morchok mace + Ultraxion offhand(or when you get Hagara down, Lightning Rod) and the resto tier chest. Both of those would increase your DPS.
    As others have said, not much people here can do without logs.(even though just a DPS number for each fight would help a bit, I guess)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Oh, right guys... i don't have more my logs, but tomorrow i go "try" kill hagara Heroic and go kill anothers boss... i go take logs and post here.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me for now ^ ^

Just a few things I saw from your armory link:

1: Over hit cap. Reforge out some hit. 17.00% hit is where you want to be. Get as close to that as humanly possible.
    2: Not enough haste. Get more haste. 3101 is the haste point you want to get, unless you have Dark Intent, then it's lower... I don't have a lock, so I don't remember the exact point, but there is a sticky in this forum that can expand on haste for you.
    3: You reforged out of haste on some pieces... Don't do that. I use an addon for most of my reforging. ReforgeLite is what I use, I strongly recommend it.
    Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...feroz/advanced
    Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lhorn/advanced
    When going from a druid to a monk... You have to remember what a mount is... and how to use them...
    And, when going back to a Druid from a monk, you relish in the awesomeness that is Swift Flight Form!

Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    I'm confused. Are you implying that all low dps is simply because of bad gear (which he does not have btw - 400 ilvl)?
    Just because the gear is decent doesn't mean the gems or reforges are, no epic gems in any of his gear - especially considering how late it is in the tier and how cheap the gems are, that's just slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Just because the gear is decent doesn't mean the gems or reforges are, no epic gems in any of his gear - especially considering how late it is in the tier and how cheap the gems are, that's just slacking.
    Yes, but having bad reforges, enchants, and gems is not simply "math being math". That's player error.

most balance druids are last on single target fights. Its only where you can muilti dot where your going to shine. However like every one else pointed out you need the right reforging and gems in slots. There is 0 need for furor, take them 3 points out and put some into perseverence to help with spell damage you will take.

I also see that the vast majority of your raid EXP is in LFR, knowing the fights on reg on heroic (where u got to be, what your are doing, when to move, went to sit in solar for adds, ect) will help you out alot. Heroic is a kick the the teeth compaired to LFR, make sure you do your homework.
    Last edited by Runesavan; 2012-07-01 at 05:45 PM.

Since you're in feral specc and gear, I can't really help you. Log out in balance gear and I'll have a look tomorrow.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

The moonkin guide stickyed at the top of this forum is really helpful. Again without logs it's hard to tell and your armory is feral at the moment.

Some tips for Hagara (heroic) especially would be:

-Plant 3 x Mushrooms at her feet and explode them once she's attackable after lightening/frost phase
    - I don't know what strat you use for frost phase but we have our ranged and a healer stack in the middle - this way you can double dot all the frost thingys (Can't remember what they are called - frozen bindings maybe? Being in solar for this is preferable - cast IS to trigger Natures Grace and get both your dots on all the bindings.
    - Make sure you know when lust is going to happen - never mind realised you don't have mage/shaman and I doubt the hunter would be using the right pet. But if you do get a lust make sure to pop your treatants just before hand so they also benefit - this applies to all fights.

-Frost tombs - get the RL to place a marker down and get everyone who is effected by frost tombs to stack on that spot. Have some mushrooms pre-planted there and explode them once they appear.

Hope thats helps a little bit.

Hello guys... i'm back :P

Today, I brought the logs >.<

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4035&e=4199 Hagara N
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7133&e=7747 Madness N (This week started on the platform of alexstrasza for achiev)

Nway, today we have warlock's (I hate it, but whenever someone does not come)

This dps is low?? Or using my current gear, is right?

And thx for all guys *.*
    Last edited by darkkaos; 2012-07-02 at 12:58 PM.

yep its low lol , but all your raid seems to be :S

Your gear needs help. You have a fishing pole equipped but I think I remember you being .20 over the hitcap the other day. You also are reforging out of Haste on a piece. So first and foremost, that needs to change. I recommend the addon ReforgeLite or the website wowreforge.com (it will do literally all the work for you).

Gems. QG's are like what 300g most nowadays? At the very least put them in your heroic gear. It makes a big difference once you start racking them up.

Spec. Take 2 points out of Furor and put them into Blessing of the Grove. Whenever you want to use Stampeding Roar, shift into bear form, pop enrage, and boom - insta roar.

Thankfully all that is incredibly easy. Now for the hard part, your actual logs. I'll start with Hagara (when you start heroic, you'll need to tweak this strat).

Hagara is all about maximizing dps during feedback and tombs. Start in Lunar, make your way to Solar, and start heading back toward Lunar but DON'T enter it yet. If it's frost phase, dot two of them and then run around spamming Wrath until you get to Lunar (at this point do NOT proc NG with a dot). If it's Lightning, dot up the add while still pre lunar and then quickly get to Lunar (forego dotting completely if you're far away from eclipse). Now that you're in Lunar and you're either finishing off your adds in frost or connecting the lightning in lightning phase, throw 3 shrooms down at Hagara's feet. Then RIGHT before she comes back up, pop treants, hero/lust, Starfall, and use your pot. Insect Swarm, Moonfire and then starfire the hell out of her hoping for some SS procs. Pop shrooms once your Will of Unbinding reaches 10 stacks, but make sure it's still during feedback though. Now quickly get to Solar and place three shrooms down where your guild puts Ice Tombs. Once they come up pop shrooms and Sunfire everything. If they still have a lot of health place three more shrooms down and detonate when off CD (keep dotting everything up and throw a Typhoon out). If they're kinda low, just Typhoon and then Hurricane once. Then just rinse and repeat.

Comparing out logs http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4ff1e...02000577#buffs the most noticeable difference besides shrooms (guessing you got tombed) is our nukes. My Starfire did 1.5k more dps than yours and my Wrath did 4k more. That would be the first place you should evaluate what you're doing.

I'll do Madness later unless someone else wants to xD

Quote Originally Posted by pakoa View Post
    Your gear needs help. You have a fishing pole equipped but I think I remember you being .20 over the hitcap the other day. You also are reforging out of Haste on a piece. So first and foremost, that needs to change. I recommend the addon ReforgeLite or the website wowreforge.com (it will do literally all the work for you).

Gems. QG's are like what 300g most nowadays? At the very least put them in your heroic gear. It makes a big difference once you start racking them up.

Spec. Take 2 points out of Furor and put them into Blessing of the Grove. Whenever you want to use Stampeding Roar, shift into bear form, pop enrage, and boom - insta roar.

Thankfully all that is incredibly easy. Now for the hard part, your actual logs. I'll start with Hagara (when you start heroic, you'll need to tweak this strat).

Hagara is all about maximizing dps during feedback and tombs. Start in Lunar, make your way to Solar, and start heading back toward Lunar but DON'T enter it yet. If it's frost phase, dot two of them and then run around spamming Wrath until you get to Lunar (at this point do NOT proc NG with a dot). If it's Lightning, dot up the add while still pre lunar and then quickly get to Lunar (forego dotting completely if you're far away from eclipse). Now that you're in Lunar and you're either finishing off your adds in frost or connecting the lightning in lightning phase, throw 3 shrooms down at Hagara's feet. Then RIGHT before she comes back up, pop treants, hero/lust, Starfall, and use your pot. Insect Swarm, Moonfire and then starfire the hell out of her hoping for some SS procs. Pop shrooms once your Will of Unbinding reaches 10 stacks, but make sure it's still during feedback though. Now quickly get to Solar and place three shrooms down where your guild puts Ice Tombs. Once they come up pop shrooms and Sunfire everything. If they still have a lot of health place three more shrooms down and detonate when off CD (keep dotting everything up and throw a Typhoon out). If they're kinda low, just Typhoon and then Hurricane once. Then just rinse and repeat.

Comparing out logs http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4ff1e...02000577#buffs the most noticeable difference besides shrooms (guessing you got tombed) is our nukes. My Starfire did 1.5k more dps than yours and my Wrath did 4k more. That would be the first place you should evaluate what you're doing.

I'll do Madness later unless someone else wants to xD

About overhit... i use wowreforge/reforgelite but can't go to 17%... 17.24% =/

About rotation... go try this weak.

Thx for ALL, make me really happy guys

You can get 1741 hit if you reforge your neck from hit to mastery and offhand from crit to hit/spirit, and if you stop slacking and get an epic purified gem in your belt then you won't even be under cap.

I'll take a stab at the madness log:
    First thing I noticed - HOLY SH*T is your mf/sf uptimes low! 79.7% uptime when combined, you need to improve your uptimes, as IS is also sub 90%. You should always have MF(SF)/IS up on something, always.
    From what I'm seeing you just aren't gaming eclipse and dots well. Bloods, Elementium Terrors, blistering tentacles, all of these are showing little to no dot damage as well as potentially poor WM usage. Get a good unit frame mod, some dot timers, and keep elcipsed dots on everything that you can. If you play fair and only single target then you're going to come out low like you are now. If you see a red bar, and its in range to you on your platform, then go dot it. Even when you're jumping platforms and you pass something that you can dot, dot it. Balance druid dots are very strong and to not use them as much as possible is to waste potential damage.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    You should always have MF(SF)/IS up on something, always.
    Dots will generally fall off before you change eclipse states unless you refresh them before leaving an eclipse - which you don't usually do but it depends on your haste (If your haste isn't that high and you don't have legendary or DI then it's probably worth refreshing before you exit eclipse) and the boss, you don't refresh those dots until you enter the next eclipse which puts uptime to about 85-95%, you shouldn't always have dots on something - it's just a waste of DPS. His uptimes are low but stating you should always have dots on something is just misleading.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2012-07-04 at 04:15 AM.

The intent was to shock him into getting better dot uptime. 95% uptime for Madness is appropriate, as there are a handful of cases where you can't or shouldn't put dots up as like you said Mudkiper it's a dps loss, but his uptimes, as well as what you can see in the various mobs in the fight damage wise, is showing that he's not tackling multidotting very well. Arm tentacles and mutated corruptions are perfect for multidotting, but in both cases the overall damage is low. In the last phase of the fight, getting into solar and rolling dots (jinx warlock is present) can be an excellent source of damage, if you line up your eclipses with the various percentages well.

Info I can't(read as: too lazy tonight to try) discern from the logs: hero times (did you use treants with it?), WM placement (to me the shroom damage looks low), elcipse transitions, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

Point being - With similar gear I never did sub 45k on Madness(10m, only caster dps so no DI) on bad/lazy nights so seeing 37k is knee jerking to me.