Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    How the hell do people even do Dominus in hardcore leagues? Seriously this guy is just a Rape Machine. I went in there to beat Cruel at 25-30% into my new level and when he died was at 0%. Also on another kill I actually had time to stop, eat a chili cheesburger with tater tots, and when I came back he still wasnt dead yet. Is he a lot easier when single player or something?
    Most HC characters are highly defensive while leveling. There is also the tendency for HC players to vastly over-level / over farm content.

I've killed him solo & in a party. In Nemesis, softcore legacy, hardcore legacy and in Domination. There was no real difference other than the aforementioned tendencies to be over-leveled / super defensive in HC over SC leagues.

How the hell do people even do Dominus in hardcore leagues? Seriously this guy is just a Rape Machine. I went in there to beat Cruel at 25-30% into my new level and when he died was at 0%. Also on another kill I actually had time to stop, eat a chili cheesburger with tater tots, and when I came back he still wasnt dead yet. Is he a lot easier when single player or something?
    That depends on what tactics you use to kill him. If you are a melee face tanking him, I guess I could see how the fight is difficult.

Both of the times I killed him so far in Cruel Nemesis was on two spellcasters - a dual totem incinerate caster, and a fireball spec caster (with a flame totem to tank for me). Every boss fight is more or less simple - I chain cast totems at the edge of the screen and let them tank the boss for me. For Dominus, in Phase2, I just get in his melee range and stay in it. He either targets and kills my totems, or tries to melee me, which I can outpot. The other mobs in the room usually gun for the totems.

My flame totem caster has gmp / blind slotted into the flame totem, which gives me a permanent at least 75% evasion vs projectiles and melee, which also makes Dominus painfully simple.

I think I'm going to try something weird: a Low-Life, Freeze Mine, Shock Nova character. Still haven't ironed out the passive tree, but its looking to be fairly tight. Anyone have any pointers for low-life builds? This will be my first. I would assume that energy shield is a big requirement. I'm looking at using either Shadow, Witch or Scion.

After watching some guy streaming just melt mobs Im trying this build out:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...Af89360v4K_o8=

He was using Double Strike>Melee Splash>Added Fire>Multi Strike>Melee Physical>Faster Attacks. It was just silly how fast he was mowing through maps. Also had Cast on damage Taken>Enduring Cry>Temp Chains>Molten Shell

Deleted
    Anyone else getting disconnected a lot tonight? I finally came to the last boss for the first time, fighted a bit and suddenly got disconnected... Im too annoyed to go all the way again

I like the fight for last boss tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Anyone else getting disconnected a lot tonight? I finally came to the last boss for the first time, fighted a bit and suddenly got disconnected... Im too annoyed to go all the way again

I like the fight for last boss tho.
    Not actually been on tonight, there have been a load of posts on the forums about DC's and lag but tbh barring today i've been on daily since the launch for 6 hours(ish) a day and i've experienced no lag and only had 3 DC's 2 on my part and one seemed to be server related.
    Before the launch i got DC's at least once per day...so this is an improvement for connectivity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I think I'm going to try something weird: a Low-Life, Freeze Mine, Shock Nova character. Still haven't ironed out the passive tree, but its looking to be fairly tight. Anyone have any pointers for low-life builds? This will be my first. I would assume that energy shield is a big requirement. I'm looking at using either Shadow, Witch or Scion.
    Aren't they dependent on this one Unique that makes chaos damage go to ES instead of life? I think it's Shavronne's. That's all I can help with unfortunately, as I never played one

Deleted
    Hi, first post here for me. I got the game almost a week ago when it launched on steam and just making my way up the levels, cleared normal already and in act 2 of cruel. I'm playing a summoner + fire witch currently this far into my build. My long term plan would be to use this build for farming.

I have 2 item rarity gems, allowing me to have all my minions (spectre, skeleton & zombies) linked up, but I hope to get my hands on a Tabula Rasa, or some chest with 6 blue sockets linked so I can have all 3 summons with + damage and + health, and then have another items with Firestorm and my other item rarity gem.

I have a question though, if I cast firestorm, and I have chance to ignite and item rarity, what happens if the mob dies to the DoT? Does item rarity only apply to the direct damage of the spell, or to the burning also?

I want to be able to send a swarm of meat at baddies (the Act 1 boss on cruel was a complete walkover with 10 skellies, 7 zombies and 2 spectres) while I have Discipline running, and my shield has hit back, ES and health regen shared out to all my minions. I have the vulnerability curse which I find quite useful .

for the next few levels I'm going to focus on catching the remaining fire damage skills and then I can focus purely on increasing health before and during merciless difficulty.

I have the unique neck that boost summons speed/damage/health only so far, and would like to get the one that give boost to number of minions. Is there any unique that give +1 level to minion gems?

Is there anything glaringly wrong with my proposed end game build?

And finally, if I'm focussing on minions for damage, is there really any point in upgrading my wand? I have one that gives +1 to fire gems, it's a quartz wand with 3 blue linked slots. I rarely actually cast direct damage spells, or even use the default attack, since al I do is ensure I've got all my minions up.

Thanks for any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Hi, first post here for me. I got the game almost a week ago when it launched on steam and just making my way up the levels, cleared normal already and in act 2 of cruel. I'm playing a summoner + fire witch currently this far into my build. My long term plan would be to use this build for farming.

I have 2 item rarity gems, allowing me to have all my minions (spectre, skeleton & zombies) linked up, but I hope to get my hands on a Tabula Rasa, or some chest with 6 blue sockets linked so I can have all 3 summons with + damage and + health, and then have another items with Firestorm and my other item rarity gem.

I have a question though, if I cast firestorm, and I have chance to ignite and item rarity, what happens if the mob dies to the DoT? Does item rarity only apply to the direct damage of the spell, or to the burning also?

I want to be able to send a swarm of meat at baddies (the Act 1 boss on cruel was a complete walkover with 10 skellies, 7 zombies and 2 spectres) while I have Discipline running, and my shield has hit back, ES and health regen shared out to all my minions. I have the vulnerability curse which I find quite useful .

for the next few levels I'm going to focus on catching the remaining fire damage skills and then I can focus purely on increasing health before and during merciless difficulty.

I have the unique neck that boost summons speed/damage/health only so far, and would like to get the one that give boost to number of minions. Is there any unique that give +1 level to minion gems?

And finally, if I'm focussing on minions for damage, is there really any point in upgrading my wand? I have one that gives +1 to fire gems, it's a quartz wand with 3 blue linked slots. I rarely actually cast direct damage spells, or even use the default attack, since al I do is ensure I've got all my minions up.

Thanks for any answers.
    Here's a list of uniques: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Full_Unique_Index

I'm no PoE expert but you should always make your build around 80-90 points, and see if the build is viable at that point. Getting to 120 is going to require a long long time. Can't help you any further than that regarding gem interactions and build viability.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Do totem builds still work pretty well? I noticed there was a unique now for an extra totem. Im thinking 3 totems would be pretty sweet unless the damage on them is crap now. I know my spark totem witch is pretty bad after all the nerfs. Might try fire totems if they are any better.

Deleted
    Is there a PoE MMO-Champ guild on the European server? How does one join? If not, are there any guild out there looking to recruit (PM me please)?

It applies to the DOT as far as I can tell. It used to not apply, actually. To the point where like Poison Arrow, Viper Strike and so on were a loss. Though I think they fixed it some time ago as I use culling strike with GMP Fireball as a Summon Witch for quite a while now with no noticeable loss to drops w/ & w/o gems.

If you didn't have minions, you would be dead meat. Your defenses are too low for a non minion build.

However, summoners can get away with having relatively low defenses compared to other builds. To be honest, so long as a summon build grabs every minion node on the tree, it doesn't matter if a summoner is based on life, CI, EV, hybrid or if they run around naked. It doesn't matter what a summoner is using for attacks either- melee, ranged, spells, etc.

Depends.

If you want to provide offensive support to the minions than obviously you should have a good weapon. Or perhaps you want to use a some sort of attack or spell with culling to maximize rarity drops or maybe you are interesting in spreading additional status conditions such as blind or fear.

I used a unique wand called Moonsorrow for a while. Which added blind to all gems socketed. Combined with Arc and Culling Strike, this allowed me to Blind, shock, execute and grab the rarity drop roll (without gems minions have their own internal rarity chance. which sucks.).

There are also wands for minions users such as Midnight Bargain and the like. So weapon matters to an extent depending on what your desires are.

Do totem builds still work pretty well? I noticed there was a unique now for an extra totem. Im thinking 3 totems would be pretty sweet unless the damage on them is crap now. I know my spark totem witch is pretty bad after all the nerfs. Might try fire totems if they are any better.
    Totems are okay. But you really have to invest in totems now it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It applies to the DOT as far as I can tell. It used to not apply, actually. To the point where like Poison Arrow, Viper Strike and so on were a loss. Though I think they fixed it some time ago as I use culling strike with GMP Fireball as a Summon Witch for quite a while now with no noticeable loss to drops w/ & w/o gems.
    According to This thread it doesn't work, and after reading the remaining pages, there's been no update so far about it. I think I'll stick to using one gem on my minions, and one on my spells, and not use the change to ignite gem. I only use Firestorm when I see a lot of small adds, otherwise I just use vulnerability. Using Discipline doesn't leave me much mana once I've spawned my full compliment of skeletons.
    If you didn't have minions, you would be dead meat. Your defenses are too low for a non minion build.

However, summoners can get away with having relatively low defenses compared to other builds. To be honest, so long as a summon build grabs every minion node on the tree, it doesn't matter if a summoner is based on life, CI, EV, hybrid or if they run around naked. It doesn't matter what a summoner is using for attacks either- melee, ranged, spells, etc.
    Yeah, I've noticed this a lot myself, I only have like 400 life, but my zombies each have over 600 and skelies 450ish. I only have a chest with 4 slots, so skellies and zombies have damage and item rarity, my hat has spectres with health and speed, and my wand has fire spells and item rarity.

The bosses without adds are the trickiest, as you can't replenish lost zombies, but they are usually not the ones to die, as they are outnumbered by the skellies.
    Depends.

If you want to provide offensive support to the minions than obviously you should have a good weapon. Or perhaps you want to use a some sort of attack or spell with culling to maximize rarity drops or maybe you are interesting in spreading additional status conditions such as blind or fear.

I used a unique wand called Moonsorrow for a while. Which added blind to all gems socketed. Combined with Arc and Culling Strike, this allowed me to Blind, shock, execute and grab the rarity drop roll (without gems minions have their own internal rarity chance. which sucks.).

There are also wands for minions users such as Midnight Bargain and the like. So weapon matters to an extent depending on what your desires are.
    So yeah, weapons for a summoner are really only a stat stick. I'd love to that Midnight Bargain or Non'tregul's Grasp. I guess I'll get there eventually.

Thanks for the repsonse.

Totems are okay. But you really have to invest in totems now it seems.
    might go summoner then and just max out Item Rarity

I am not sure if that was changed. DOT damage is considered not to come from a caster, but from a 3rd party source, which is why it is not reflectable or affected by fire pen gem. Ignite builds usually go into double curse for that reason (flammability and ele weakness), because curses are the only way to increase dot damage other than a select few burning passives.

With that in mind, I think quality / drop rates won't work on dot damage either.

Deleted
    How to determine if rare(yellow ones) items are worth keeping and selling? Most of the time I just sell them if I can't use them, because I don't really know what stats etc. makes it good/bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Here is the build I'm looking at. It uses more points than I would like, so if anyone with low-life experience can find some areas that I can cut out, feel free to let me know.

Other than Shavronne's Wrappings, are there any other really good uniques for low-lifers, other than the two Redbeaks I'll be using? Is Shavronne's a required item to have? Would Lori's Lanterns be worth looking into?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    How to determine if rare(yellow ones) items are worth keeping and selling? Most of the time I just sell them if I can't use them, because I don't really know what stats etc. makes it good/bad.
    high HP or Energy Shield
    multiple high resists
    4+ links
    weapons with high physical and multiple high elemental bonuses

its pretty hard to figure out and just takes some getting used to.

high HP or Energy Shield
    multiple high resists
    4+ links
    weapons with high physical and multiple high elemental bonuses

its pretty hard to figure out and just takes some getting used to.
    And attack/cast speed and mana/life leech too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lv 35 ranger on the Standard league. Any bonuses if I start from zero in the Domination League? I have read that there are some shrines. Any difference except that? And if not, is it worth to start over just for the shrines?
    Thank you.