10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've finally hit the mid-60s wall. Due to deaths, I have been level 65 since act 9, through 10, and killing Kitava, and I now have gone into, and failed my first map. Yay!
    What is your build? Link your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I have encountered an unexpected problem with the endgame, i would like to know if i am doing something wrong.
    The thing is i start with the maps and everything goes more or less as expected, i slowly get higher level maps up until tier 9, and then is when my problems start.
    That level 9 map provides me with a tier 8 map, from there i usually get another tier 8 map, that eventually becomes a lower tier map or even no map at all.
    I still have not seen a higher than tier 9 map drop, and i am level 88, anything lower than tier 8 maps is like useless for getting XP.
    I do all the maps, even the ones with a ton of modifiers/debuffs, and i do kill everything in the maps, and still i do not get any map beyond tier 9.
    I play in standard SSF, so, am i missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    The Abyss League will end at Feb 26, 2018 - Our current plan is to release Content Update 3.2.0 and challenge league on Friday March 2

Our upcoming Development Schedule
    And as always i leveld up, got to mapping then stopped for no reason whatsoever and league is ending XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I have encountered an unexpected problem with the endgame, i would like to know if i am doing something wrong.
    The thing is i start with the maps and everything goes more or less as expected, i slowly get higher level maps up until tier 9, and then is when my problems start.
    That level 9 map provides me with a tier 8 map, from there i usually get another tier 8 map, that eventually becomes a lower tier map or even no map at all.
    I still have not seen a higher than tier 9 map drop, and i am level 88, anything lower than tier 8 maps is like useless for getting XP.
    I do all the maps, even the ones with a ton of modifiers/debuffs, and i do kill everything in the maps, and still i do not get any map beyond tier 9.
    I play in standard SSF, so, am i missing something here?
    No, you arent, its their system cause apparently "You arent supposed to be doing endgame maps only without playing 20h a day!" , usually that means T12 maps + but this last league even has T10 maps being rare.

As good as PoE is, i always quit it for the same reason, i re-hit the same walls of boredom made by terrible design choices. cause apparently a 3 month economy of a league that usually gets broken by bots after the second week, is more relevant than the enjoyment of the people that do not want to play PoE, 20 hours a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No, you arent, its their system cause apparently "You arent supposed to be doing endgame maps only without playing 20h a day!" , usually that means T12 maps + but this last league even has T10 maps being rare.

As good as PoE is, i always quit it for the same reason, i re-hit the same walls of boredom made by terrible design choices. cause apparently a 3 month economy of a league that usually gets broken by bots after the second week, is more relevant than the enjoyment of the people that do not want to play PoE, 20 hours a day.
    Yep, i was afraid this was gonna be the case, well then it is game over for me, RNG for being just able to play is more than i can tolerate.
    Time to try Grim Dawn i guess.
    In any case tyo for the reply, a lot of people in game global chat were having the same issue but we were not sure if it was intended or we were missing something.

Deleted
    I've finally hit the mid-60s wall. Due to deaths, I have been level 65 since act 9, through 10, and killing Kitava, and I now have gone into, and failed my first map. Yay!
    That's why I love Hardcore, you can't just bumrush content. You realize quite fast what you're lacking, may it be damage or survivability. Alternatively it could just be the build being terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yep, i was afraid this was gonna be the case, well then it is game over for me, RNG for being just able to play is more than i can tolerate.
    Time to try Grim Dawn i guess.
    In any case tyo for the reply, a lot of people in game global chat were having the same issue but we were not sure if it was intended or we were missing something.
    Do you chis/alch your maps? Also you can trade in 3 of the same for 1 map of a tier higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Do you chis/alch your maps? Also you can trade in 3 of the same for 1 map of a tier higher.
    I have used everything at my disposal, i have created a level 6 map from a level 1 using a piece dropped by a shaper minion in a shaper inflenced map, and i use cartographers, and everything i can grab, i have even bought maps from zana, but it is no use.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    What is your build? Link your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    That's why I love Hardcore, you can't just bumrush content. You realize quite fast what you're lacking, may it be damage or survivability. Alternatively it could just be the build being terrible.
    Someone in-game did already check out my character and gave me a few quick pointers, but I definitely still need to work on it.

Going for a dual wielding swords type of build.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone in-game did already check out my character and gave me a few quick pointers, but I definitely still need to work on it.

Going for a dual wielding swords type of build.
    Telling us what weapons you are using doesn't help in the least. What is your primary skill? Are you following a guide or freehanding? What does your gear look like in reference to your primary skill?
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Telling us what weapons you are using doesn't help in the least. What is your primary skill? Are you following a guide or freehanding? What does your gear look like in reference to your primary skill?
    Woops, sorry, forgot to provide the link. >_<

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...ofile/Deltruss
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh lordy.

Ok, so I see the following attack skills:

Infernal Blow
    Spectral Throw
    Molten Strike

You have the following movement abilities:

Leap Slam
    Whirling Blades

Your gear is all over the place. You're seriously playing SSF? You have a 6 socket chest, but only one link on it, and not even using it. Gloves and boots are 4 linked, Helm has only one socket.

You need to FOCUS. Since you're playing SSF, that will very obviously be easier said than done. But the least you can do is fix your skills. I'll try to keep it cheap and easy.

First, try and at LEAST 4 link your chest, if not 5. 5 linking is fairly easy to do if you have 350 Orbs of Fusing and Vorici's Loyalty leveled up a bit, I think maybe level 5? Otherwise just spam Orbs of Fusing on your chest until you get 5 or 6 link.
    Second, 4 link your helm.
    Third, link up the one sword you have that has no links.
    Linking all this stuff isn't absolutely required, but it does open your options up.
    I would HIGHLY recommend trying to get all three elemental resistances to 75%. This game is balanced on the assumption you have that already, so the more you are below that, the more damage you're going to take. Don't worry about Chaos resistance for now.

Now then, pick a skill to use. There's no reason at all to use three different attack skills and 2 movement skills. I'll try to come up with some common 4-links for the three attack skills you have.

Molten Strike - Elemental Damage With Attacks Support - Multistrike Support - Elemental Focus Support (3 Red sockets, one Blue socket)
    Spectral Throw - Lesser Multiple Projectiles - Faster Attacks - Physical Projectile Attack Damage (Four Green sockets)
    Infernal Blow - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage (I believe 4 Red sockets)
    Pick ONE and roll with it. You don't need all three. There aren't enough sockets in your gear to make them viable once you start running maps.

For the movement speed, I recommend picking one or the other, doesn't really matter that much (although Leap Slam can help you avoid traps and hopping over obstacles) and pairing it with Faster Attacks and Fortify. Fortify will give you a bit more survivability.

You're also running Herald of Thunder and of Ash. For now I'd stick to just Ash, it gives more damage. I would also run Purity of Elements if you can support it, because you are severely lacking in resistances.

I would drop Fire Golem and use Earth Golem instead. Again, life regen for more survivability.

I personally would roll with Molten Strike, but that's only because I have never used Infernal Strike and the last Spectral Throw build I did was garbage. But Molten Strike is pretty good and pretty easy to get going.

- - - Updated - - -

I see that you have at least attempted to change up a few things. Something that may help you is The Path of Exile Wiki. All but I think 4-5 gems can be purchased from vendors. Just do a search on the Wiki for anything you're looking for and it will tell you where to get it. All of the gems I mentioned are sold by vendors.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2018-01-31 at 02:29 AM.

Hello! It appears you spend a decent amount of time playing and have a few characters that aren't built or geared optimally, please visit this guys channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaF...uGSAvmczp_7a6Q . Watch the beginner vids at least, this will give you a much better understanding on stats, gems, and the like.
    If you watch and read, and follow a guide, you'll get to end game quicker. Having just one character in end game opens up tons of other options for you since you have a way to generate currency. I suggest everyone follow some kind of build guide, get a handle on the game, then go and do your own thing once you know how. Starting blind will only waste currency and time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lordy.
    =/

Guy in-game was saying to not waste the linking currency. Sure enough I ran through all the ones I had and didn't get 5l or 6l.

Would you say I should focus on getting more strength or armor if I have a piece of gear I'm going to upgrade on the workbench?
    "A flower.

=/

Guy in-game was saying to not waste the linking currency. Sure enough I ran through all the ones I had and didn't get 5l or 6l.

Would you say I should focus on getting more strength or armor if I have a piece of gear I'm going to upgrade on the workbench?
    I wouldn't craft Str (or the other primary stats) onto gear unless it's needed to equip something. Prioritize elemental resists to 75, then additional Life if possible, and only after that consider defenses (Armour/Evasion/ES).

5-linking an item is pretty rare; it's probably a bit under a 1% chance to 5-link an item using Orbs yourself. Might be worth attempting a gamble if say you had 100+ that you're willing to spend (though if you have 150 you can just get Vorici to 5-link an item guaranteed), but if say you only had 50, then it's quite likely you'll walk out with nothing.

Oh well, live and learn.

Elemental resistances to 75 is mandatory, life rolls on everything next (except weapons), triple resists + life roll is "holy grail" of poe items.

@DeltrusDisc your scion tree is all over the place, and you have almost no life nodes, defense comes first in poe, damage second. For example, this would be my tree for Molten Strike Scion, you get lot of passive life increase, life regen, Hematophagy and Vitality void combined with slayer ascendancy provide strong sustain, Iron Grip is available passive thus freeing up gem slot. For capping resists, there are resist nodes above Sentinel. Diamond Skin, Cloth and Chain nodes are also easy to reach.

Gem links would be
    molten strike-ancestral call-multistrike-elemental damage with attacks-elemental focus-concentrated effect (in that order, 6 link is a luxury)
    leap slam-faster attacks-fortify-blood magic (no mana issues even without mobs to leech)
    cast when damage taken-immortal call-summon golem (lightning for attack speed, stone for life regen, pick one)
    ancestral protector (more attack speed), herald of ash (damage) in assorted sockets, maybe arctic armour depending on mana reservation

That was just an example, when playing self found you won't have access to most uniques so your tree has to be well rounded and strong on defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, minor update, I worked some stuff around with gear. Resistances are now 75% fire, 49% cold, 71% lightning.
    "A flower.

https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding can also be a quite handy program to plan changes to your gear & skill tree or to see how a change might modify your stats.

Also, you should try to roll bleed immunity to one of your flasks, freezing + curse immunities can be useful too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding can also be a quite handy program to plan changes to your gear & skill tree or to see how a change might modify your stats.

Also, you should try to roll bleed immunity to one of your flasks, freezing + curse immunities can be useful too.
    Path of building is only useful if you know how to use it...and I worry that DeltrusDisc's skill level (no offense meant!) isn't high enough to do so. It took me months before I figured out how to PROPERLY use PoB. You don't just import your char and go off that, it takes some tweaking to get it right.

And yeah, my flasks always have Clear Bleed, Clear Curse, and Clear Freeze. Doing some maps can be impossible without those!

10+ Year Old Account
    This ring on the left just dropped. Any thoughts on which I should replace? I'm temporarily replacing the Iron Ring to see how it goes. Obviously the unique Ruby Ring has some offense benefits I'd like to keep, but if I replace it with this new ring, all 3 resistances go to 75%. =X

Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2018-02-01 at 10:12 PM.
    "A flower.

I'd replace the Emberwake if anything... not only since 75 elemental resists is good, but I don't think the Emberwake actually does that much for your build. You use some fire skills, but I think it's mainly for builds with bursty single-hits that regularly Ignite (likely due to having crit%), which I don't believe yours is. If you feel like DPS is lacking, I'd first look at revisiting your gem setups.

If you have other good rare rings, it's possible you may replace the Lori's Lantern too. Very few uniques are good for all builds; don't feel that you should or have to use an item just because its name is orange. Most are niche; this isn't Diablo 3 where oranges obsolete rares.