10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Masochistic, mostly. It's a wonky aurabot build that actually works well solo (can pretty easily clear up through T13-14 maps. Not the fastest, but it's not a slog either). I'll group up with my brother to supercharge his characters when we play standard, but it's a good solo build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2213233

I haven't updated it for 3.7, but I'm running a slightly tweaked version of this build.
    As a Templeague Exclusive player, I couldn't imagine playing standard. More props to you, and for playing a wonky nonmeta build. I have tried several in Temp leagues but have struggled a lot with item availability. My weirdest was an Incinerate CwC Fireball Chief. It worked halfway but was not near as powerful as a straight cast build would of been.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    As a Templeague Exclusive player, I couldn't imagine playing standard. More props to you, and for playing a wonky nonmeta build. I have tried several in Temp leagues but have struggled a lot with item availability. My weirdest was an Incinerate CwC Fireball Chief. It worked halfway but was not near as powerful as a straight cast build would of been.
    Heh, my brother made an incinerate character last temp league and holy crap it crushes, even before he improved his gear when it moved to standard. He's remaking a totem version in the current league as an alt (along with my alt).

As for standard, it was mostly just for last league since I wasn't a fan. Helps that we've got all kinds of shit there to gear up (my brother had almost all the gear for the build minus a proper Shavs, though got a 6 links with 5r1b which was perfect for what my tweaked build with ES leach gem) so it was turning an old character that I think was a former totem build into this. That and having tons of strong items I didn't know I had (sup legacy Queen of the Forest!) and access to all the wealth my brother has accumulated over the years makes building/trying out new builds easy : P

question real quick....

I am on my first Tier 6 map and there is both yellowish and orangish lettered gear. The orange is not unique items but they have the outline of the Rare yellow items.

I take it they are just beefed up Rares?
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2019-06-18 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    question real quick....

I am on my first Tier 6 map and there is both yellowish and orangish lettered gear. The orange is not unique items but they have the outline of the Rare yellow items.

I take it they are just beefed up Rares?
    Are you using a loot filter? I forget what those mean specifically, but IIRC that's just for higher ilvl/more desirable rares where you have a better shot at good rolls on a piece of gear people actually want.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you using a loot filter? I forget what those mean specifically, but IIRC that's just for higher ilvl/more desirable rares where you have a better shot at good rolls on a piece of gear people actually want.
    Yea using the Neversink Lootfilter on Regular. I kinda figured more ilvl or better stats, just wondered if I should start switching my yellows in stash for these lol. I need more Alchs for map runs. Rare maps are a BLAST even if I die and lose MILLIONS(about 2 bars worth) of XP. It is the thrill of losing that XP that makes it so much more fun

Yea using the Neversink Lootfilter on Regular. I kinda figured more ilvl or better stats, just wondered if I should start switching my yellows in stash for these lol. I need more Alchs for map runs. Rare maps are a BLAST even if I die and lose MILLIONS(about 2 bars worth) of XP. It is the thrill of losing that XP that makes it so much more fun
    The orange items are ilvl 75? + that means they become a Regal Recipe from Chaos Recipe which is 65-75 which are the "yellow" rares on the loot filter.

The coloring is for the Regal/Chaos recipe, the border coloring is the item level when you reach ilvl 83 +.

Generally ilvls exist because there are rolls to hit, an ilvl 75 item cant hit maximum HP values, cant hit 48% resist and stuff like that, thats why they are all irrelevant crap and only item level 84+ items count, generally some are lower at 82, but the general thing to know is, if its not 84+ its crap.

Especially for Physical Weapons, which is generally all about this league.

Now thats the general rule for crafting, if you identify an ilvl 75-77 item and it hits all its max rolls, its still an awesome item (assuming it hit something like Life/3 resists) just the base is useless so its colored that way.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-06-18 at 11:32 PM.

The stats on items have tiers (you can see this when you hold down alt). The best tier an item can get it limited by that items ilvl.
    For example the best +max life you can find on a ilvl 73 chest is 100-109 but a ilvl 81 chest can get 110-119.

These more valuable higher ilvl pieces are given a different color by your lootfilter.
    Its worth checking if they are an upgrade for you but they still need to actually roll the better mod so if you already have a good item you might not find an upgrade for a while.

The ilvl is especially important when your looking for an item to craft with because you'll most likely be looking for these higher tier mods.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

This is just BALLS man. I can survive ANY map now the only thing I cant survive is the fucking Jump Slam oneshot fuckers.

Get into arena .5 seconds later DEAD from a Jump Slam. I try using Speed boost NOPE Jump Slam.....

Any tips on how to escape that mechanic? Other than the Elusive oneshot bombs that hit me the Jump Slam or Shield Rush dudes are the only thing killing me at this point

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So without how meh I felt the league mechanics to be I decided to try some new stuff, Shield throw might actually be my favourite ability now. Went gladiator for tons of block and got a new jewel to make my shield throws chain and so far I’ve been loving it. Just got the guy to maps hoping it stays good dps wise because survival shouldn’t be a problem with how much block I have.

I just want my Atziri's axe, but the good ones are like 20 exalts. I could get a lower dps one for cheaper, but I want one at least 620ish pdps.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-06-19 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I just want my Atziri's axe, but the good ones are like 20 exalts. I could get a lower dps one for cheaper, but I want one at least 620ish pdps.
    Im in the same spot. . . . I need the starforge, but its 10 to 20 exalts. . . . and the 2h swords that have 500+ phys dps are like 5 exalts. . . . /cry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The orange items are ilvl 75? + that means they become a Regal Recipe from Chaos Recipe which is 65-75 which are the "yellow" rares on the loot filter.

The coloring is for the Regal/Chaos recipe, the border coloring is the item level when you reach ilvl 83 +.

Generally ilvls exist because there are rolls to hit, an ilvl 75 item cant hit maximum HP values, cant hit 48% resist and stuff like that, thats why they are all irrelevant crap and only item level 84+ items count, generally some are lower at 82, but the general thing to know is, if its not 84+ its crap.

Especially for Physical Weapons, which is generally all about this league.

Now thats the general rule for crafting, if you identify an ilvl 75-77 item and it hits all its max rolls, its still an awesome item (assuming it hit something like Life/3 resists) just the base is useless so its colored that way.
    What? So, when the items that drop with sort of orange text (not unique), those can be used for crafting?

I thought only white items with a single stat were for crafting?

Im still lost. . . . Do you know of a guide for crafting that isnt just an explanation of the crafting bench recipes?
    Last edited by Beazy; 2019-06-19 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Im in the same spot. . . . I need the soulforge, but its 10 to 20 exalts. . . . and the 2h swords that have 500+ phys dps are like 5 exalts. . . . /cry
    I was able to pick up a 538 pdps rare axe for an exalt, so that's been doing work for me this entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I was able to pick up a 538 pdps rare axe for an exalt, so that's been doing work for me this entire time.
    I went into 2h sword nodes so I can only get one type of sword. . . /cry

Im in the same spot. . . . I need the starforge, but its 10 to 20 exalts. . . . and the 2h swords that have 500+ phys dps are like 5 exalts. . . . /cry

- - - Updated - - -

What? So, when the items that drop with sort of orange text (not unique), those can be used for crafting?

Im still lost. . . . Do you know of a guide for crafting that isnt just an explanation of the crafting bench recipes?
    No.

Yellow text = item level 0 to 74, 65 to 74 ilvl are used for Chaos Recipe.
    Orange Text= item level 75+, the Chaos recipe converts to Regal recipe.

The chaos recipe is 1 unidentified item of each type for a full character set for 2 chaos, 1 chaos if any item is identified or 2xRegal Orbs if item level is above 75.

Now, for the borders.

Yellow border on any item means its item level 83+.
    Orange Border means its ilvl 86+.

You want to craft, depending on the item an ilvl 86 to have every possible max roll available, but some others are max rolled from 82.

You can check poeaffix.net for what ilvl you want depending on what you want to craft.

This is just BALLS man. I can survive ANY map now the only thing I cant survive is the fucking Jump Slam oneshot fuckers.

Get into arena .5 seconds later DEAD from a Jump Slam. I try using Speed boost NOPE Jump Slam.....

Any tips on how to escape that mechanic? Other than the Elusive oneshot bombs that hit me the Jump Slam or Shield Rush dudes are the only thing killing me at this point
    To give my own two cents on this, those wheel mobs! The wheel mobs that roll and explode on you. I'm spamming tier 15's and 16's and they're the only mobs that make me wake up and leap around and tread carefully. If they're a magic pack or a rare. A magic pack is the scariest, I'll be dead if I don't leap away and approach carefully. Scarier than any of the map bosses, including Elder/Shaper Guardians. Except maybe Chimera.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-06-19 at 07:37 PM.

If you have a rare (yellow) or magic (blue) item that would be useful to you as white for crafting purposes you can just use orb of scouring and turn it into white. I don't think you can do that with uniques.

So for example people were searching for iron rings or spiked gloves because they have base properties useful to melee, if you find them non white you can just turn them into white.

But the super duper end game crafting requires lost of expensive mats and rare recipes. Normal crafting you just pick yellow item with semi ok stats and can craft 1 property on it. If you want to craft multiple useful properties and make super op weapon... oh boy it's a long expensive and rng ridden process. Pretty sure you can find some videos explaining crafting process. I have never done it myself. For example this video talks about the top end weapon craft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiPh-4qLXE

GOT to the LAST FUCKING BATTLE of Merc Lab and BOOM Exception Error CRASH to fucking desktop..........................................

Edit: Not just one time but Again as I walked into the first battle. I think this game is scared of me that it is crashing on me

Edit 2: I finally did it got Merc Done now for Uber
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2019-06-20 at 03:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If you have a rare (yellow) or magic (blue) item that would be useful to you as white for crafting purposes you can just use orb of scouring and turn it into white. I don't think you can do that with uniques.

So for example people were searching for iron rings or spiked gloves because they have base properties useful to melee, if you find them non white you can just turn them into white.

But the super duper end game crafting requires lost of expensive mats and rare recipes. Normal crafting you just pick yellow item with semi ok stats and can craft 1 property on it. If you want to craft multiple useful properties and make super op weapon... oh boy it's a long expensive and rng ridden process. Pretty sure you can find some videos explaining crafting process. I have never done it myself. For example this video talks about the top end weapon craft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiPh-4qLXE
    Thanks for that vid. Thats exactly what I needed. /fistbump

10+ Year Old Account
    GOT to the LAST FUCKING BATTLE of Merc Lab and BOOM Exception Error CRASH to fucking desktop..........................................
    Yeah, a LOT of people are saying that it's borderline a waste of time to even attempt Eternal Lab. Between the lag and the crashes, it's just not worth risking the offerings.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

dude....... just when I thought I have learned alot about the game a random search for one thing leads to 3 other things I didnt even know about.

I was looking up the Can have multi mods recipe, that lead me to the Pale Council, cant wait to try this,long way though lol, barely 20% completed Atlas. This lead me to Prophecies that need to be completed to get the shards to get to the Pale council which lead me to the Prophecy page on the Wiki and WOW...... I know nothing....... soooo much to get my hands on and finding out that I can get Uniques that cold be a boon for my characters.... I cant wait to get on tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, a LOT of people are saying that it's borderline a waste of time to even attempt Eternal Lab. Between the lag and the crashes, it's just not worth risking the offerings.
    My lust for death of everything will not allow me to not do the Eternal lab lol. Even after 3 crashes I kept going in Merc til I got it done. It helped that I had the Prophecy that I could get an additional 2 enchants once done. And I love the map designs.