Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Gah, I need to start ignoring the Legion Monoliths if I want to level past 92. Those mobs are beasts at insta-gibbing you, even in lower red maps. I can clear the T16 guardians without dying, but let me unlock too many Makareth archers and its gg.
    LOL 92..... I am beating my head against the desk to get past 86......

I totally went my own way with my build and am now so lost I dont think I will ever get it right. But yea, those Generals and Archers are a bitch to counter, Leap Slam DED, Shoot 20 arrows in your head later DED....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

I totally went my own way with my build and am now so lost I dont think I will ever get it right. But yea, those Generals and Archers are a bitch to counter, Leap Slam DED, Shoot 20 arrows in your head later DED....
    I personally find the Pillar generals much more forgiving than the Betrayal league bullshit ever was. Most mobs have really telegraphed moves, especially the archers. Just keep moving, obviously it really depends on your build. I started, like everyone else with a Cyclone Slayer but grew bored out of my skull (at level 92 when I also hit the leveling wall), and switched to an ED/Contagion trickster (he's 91 at the moment), and I don't have that much difficulties surviving them. Sure, there's the odd, what the fuck just hit me death but overall they are really quite manageable.

I think your build is probably a little on the weak side if you struggle past 86 but I applaud you for going your own way. I always just play some premade build.

Which is why I always recommend that new people just follow a guide instead of trying to go their own way.
    Because you end up with builds that can't progress further.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Beazy; 2019-07-09 at 12:57 PM.

If you're playing a melee pop granite flask + vaal molten shell before leap slamming in, don't go for cast when damage taken, this could be as well renamed to "cast after I've been already 1-shot" gem, basalt flask might help too, just wish this thing didn't take more than half the bottle in 1 use.

Damnit I hate how expensive guardian maps are. Got my uber to spawn again but now I've gotta change an exalt into a bunch of chaos so I can run uber again.

At least I just hit 94 so when I inevitably die multiple times I won't miss out on much XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Which is why I always recommend that new people just follow a guide instead of trying to go their own way.
    Because you end up with builds that can't progress further.
    Making your own build is about 5x more effort, 20-30% less effectiveness than OP meta build, but 3x more fun. So depends what you want. For me it was more fun to make my own character, but it was lots of research and many days wasted trying to figure out how to fix problems the build had. I'm finally getting in a good direction, but if I copy pasta'd some meta build I would've been there 2 weeks ago. It's wickedly satysfying though to feel you made your own thing work.

Still probably not a good idea to go full hipster unless you're an expert and have time & currency to waste, for example I wanted to make a split arrow build a la Diablo 3 multishot DH, but kinda gave up on the idea after finding absolutely no resources or examples of people using that skill successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Making your own build is about 5x more effort, 20-30% less effectiveness than OP meta build, but 3x more fun. So depends what you want. For me it was more fun to make my own character, but it was lots of research and many days wasted trying to figure out how to fix problems the build had. I'm finally getting in a good direction, but if I copy pasta'd some meta build I would've been there 2 weeks ago. It's wickedly satysfying though to feel you made your own thing work.

Still probably not a good idea to go full hipster unless you're an expert and have time & currency to waste, for example I wanted to make a split arrow build a la Diablo 3 multishot DH, but kinda gave up on the idea after finding absolutely no resources or examples of people using that skill successfully.
    I'm a big proponent of using meta builds (or at least pre-made builds) and tweaking from there. Just about every build I've made is based off of an existing one (currently using Facebreaker Cyclone in league), but I'll swap around a dozen+ points to change up how the build plays a bit so it fits my playstyle better. Added a bunch of extra life leech onto my build since I'm rolling with items/nodes that grant me around 70% bonus damage while leaching, and a belt that grants me perma-leach even when I'm at full HP/ES, so while I lost some life I got a nice damage boost and a whole bunch more sustain.

For my aurabot/summoner on standard I ended up swapping out one of the gems for ES leech and moving points around to get the ES leech big node and it was actually a pretty big damage/survivability boost overall. Build plays way better for me with the way I moved around points, even if I'm still largely stuck with the core gear.

Ok, so I took away quite a few Minion Damage nodes so I can get some Life nodes and now I am able to stay alive a bit longer but spend more time running cuz my minions are so weak lol.

I think I may just start a new Witch and get the Life nodes first and then after 60ish start getting the minion nodes. Maybe I will try that Zombiemanser one next or go straight SRS.

You can always use a bunch of regrets to move points around rather than roll a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You can always use a bunch of regrets to move points around rather than roll a new character.
    I used about 100 already trying to work on survivability lol. But that is true. I may just go back to my other set up and try to rework points again.

sooo I got a problem and dont know how to fitx it. Perhaps you guys can help as you did already.

On my Ornata Chroma my ESC key stopped working. In PoE the ESC key is important for closing windows. Is there a way to get around the ESC key for say the Syndicate Interogation panel? I know there is a key for all the other panels but I cant find one for Syndicate

In PoE the ESC key is important for closing windows. Is there a way to get around the ESC key for say the Syndicate Interogation panel? I know there is a key for all the other panels but I cant find one for Syndicate
    Doesn't the Space bar close all windows as well? I currently don't have a Map of where I can find Jun, so I can't test the interrogation option screen myself at the moment. (Viewing the Investigation is closed by Space.)

I finally broke down and shaped my atlas to infinitely farm and sustain glacier. It is super profitable thanks to the legion event almost always being right next to the portal. Boring, but you can really see the currency add up. Bonus is that since it's an alch and go T2, you can drop your gear down and run a lot of quant for more loot.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, that happens. IIRC you get a bonus 20% to quantity/quality that way, too.

I've heard that it doesn't change the existing mods on the map...but it can still add new ones. Since you're a summoner it shouldn't be too bad since you can't walk in and one shot yourself to reflect, just send out your minions and see what lays in wait...
    They don't change. If the rare mods are ok to run, unid'ed corruption is pretty much free quantity.

And to all these posters having issues with survivability, I suggest looking for a trickster build. Could be melee, DoT, caster, the ghost shroud ascendancy points are the strongest for survivability IMO. They work with CI, Hybrid, EB/MoM.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-07-22 at 12:13 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Doesn't the Space bar close all windows as well? I currently don't have a Map of where I can find Jun, so I can't test the interrogation option screen myself at the moment. (Viewing the Investigation is closed by Space.)
    YOU are a lifesaver . I am back in action lol

What keeps you guys playing as you get further into the game?

I got my char to this point: https://pastebin.com/aUeR9zCC

and I'm honestly just out of steam. I haven't done uber elder yet, but shaper and elder weren't any more difficult than the rest of the game, which wasn't difficult at all. There's nothing to lead me to believe that uber elder will be much different, maybe I die to a one shot mechanic I don't know about a couple times and then kill it anyway. At which point, what do I even do? Apparently the only thing I need more damage for is 5 way legion battles which isn't worth doing without headhunter.

I could complete the last few unique maps I'm missing on my atlas purely for the sake of it, but to what end?

Making a new character honestly doesn't sound all that fun with how shallow combat is. Insta-gibbing everything on the screen with a different color ability doesn't really change up the experience much if at all.

So yeah, I'm curious what keeps you guys going once you get up to this kinda point?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    And to all these posters having issues with survivability, I suggest looking for a trickster build. Could be melee, DoT, caster, the ghost shroud ascendancy points are the strongest for survivability IMO. They work with CI, Hybrid, EB/MoM.
    Trickster is generally OP for any elemental or dot build, unless you play pure phys, then go Slayer, anything else Trickster can do the job, and usually better than other specs. Nerfs did literally nothing to it, contrary to elementalist nerfs that dropped it to one of the lowest played ascendancies and mostly for meme builds like golemancer (tho I heard it's a fun spec).

If you play marauder / duelist / ranger and you use some popular evasion or evasion + armor hybrid pieces like Starkonja, Rat's Nest, Bronn's Lithe, Carcass Jack, etc. I'd highly recommend picking Iron Reflexes, who'd have thought that 10k molten shell does wonders against 1-shots. You'll need a granite flask with bonus armor or jade flask with bonus evasion (if running iron reflexes) to get the molten shell beefed up, but I went from being constantly 1-shot through steelskin or just as it dropped to mopping up whole legion before vaal molten shell breaks and not dying from stupid archers / templars.

Only downside is it probably breaks Queen of the Forest movement speed bonus, which is the backbone of all lab farmers and magic find builds. But these builds never cared to be "tanky" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What keeps you guys playing as you get further into the game?

I got my char to this point: https://pastebin.com/aUeR9zCC

and I'm honestly just out of steam. I haven't done uber elder yet, but shaper and elder weren't any more difficult than the rest of the game, which wasn't difficult at all. There's nothing to lead me to believe that uber elder will be much different, maybe I die to a one shot mechanic I don't know about a couple times and then kill it anyway. At which point, what do I even do? Apparently the only thing I need more damage for is 5 way legion battles which isn't worth doing without headhunter.

I could complete the last few unique maps I'm missing on my atlas purely for the sake of it, but to what end?

Making a new character honestly doesn't sound all that fun with how shallow combat is. Insta-gibbing everything on the screen with a different color ability doesn't really change up the experience much if at all.

So yeah, I'm curious what keeps you guys going once you get up to this kinda point?
    I am just playing to slaughter thousands and make my way to 95. I cant get past 85 though cus I keep doing stupid shit like Wading into a pack of monsters on my Witch with the zombies 5 feet behind me >.<

I gotta get myself back to my SRS pointmen mentality

Welp, uber elder 3 times in a weekend. I swear this game has some hidden "winback" mechanics that increase luck if you haven't played in a while. It feels like every time I come back after a brief break that I'm getting crazy drops (starforge off a shaper kill to boot) and good map luck.

Time to hope the third one drops a good watchers eye for me.

And garbage from uber (but first deathless kill, definitely easier with more attempts) and garbage from shaper.

Opinions though - sell the starforge for another 8 or so ex to play with for my facebreaker cyclone, or dump tons of regrets into making my cyclone a 2h build...I'm kinda temped because it'll be stronger than facebreaker even with almost identical gear (just need to 6l the starforge) but at the same time...more ex to play around with to upgrade the last few bits I really need is super tempting...
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-07-22 at 05:45 AM.