Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I HATE UBER LAB...................

that is all end rant
    Just get someone to boost you through

Quote Originally Posted by CerecTopKek View Post
    Just get someone to boost you through
    I have NEVER once paid for a boost in any game I will not start now. Besides, I completed it

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I anything, i'd like to see a WoW like world - with D3 combat and deep character mechanics (not at PoE level but i like the realm of possibilities where i can choose the skillset i want and improve from there).

M+ dungeon system you can tackle solo up to small party. No more fucking timed ladders - make ladders about a specific game aspect (in D2 was the race to 99, in PoE is race to 100 and lab clear times) so people doesn't feel forced into meta builds because that's the only objective to strive for.

EDIT: explaining better the M+ thing. I'd like to see actual dungeons in Diablo, with fixed drops and actual boss mechanics. Something you want to farm but you can try to get to higher difficulties for better drops (and here i mean literally +1 versions of the same loot). I'd like to see people being able to partially target specific drops. But then it's me.

One thing PoE hits perfectly is the fact that "meta" builds require more effort and are stronger but you can definitely do anything with any build made with some sense.
    I think Lost Ark is what you're essentially referencing, right? A MMO with ARPG combat system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Dunno, seems like the genre is becoming more and more niche.
    PoE has been getting more users on every league for quite some time now, so not sure why you'd think that.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by imabanana View Post
    PoE has been getting more users on every league for quite some time now, so not sure why you'd think that.
    PoE is getting more of the ARPG market share, doesn't mean the market isn't niche.

Not that I'm agreeing that it necessarily is, just that PoE gaining users =/= the genre not being niche. I would have never have touched PoE if blizzard kept supporting diablo, or maybe if lost ark made its way over, or some other such example. I'd argue PoE's biggest boon is that blizzard hasn't supported their franchise in so long and there's just nothing else out there giving it competition.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I don't think any other arpg incorporates the level of stat depth and endgame progression that PoE does. You want a hack-n-slash game with plenty to learn? PoE has no contest.
    I don't know that I'd agree that it has depth, I'd argue its more... shallow complexity. Hard to learn easy to master designs.

For instance the passive skill trees one of the first thing people see about the game and you're all "woah look at this huge tree I don't even begin to know where to go!" but once you actually sit down and see what's on it there's a mass of redundancies and non-choices depending on what weapon you want to use or what kind of damage or your class. Its complex at a glance with so much information there, but its shallow in practice.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I think Lost Ark is what you're essentially referencing, right? A MMO with ARPG combat system.
    I'm interested in Lost Ark, but i couldn't care less about an MMO. I don't want an MMO, i'm more than fine with having the world empty or at best seeing only my party; that's a huge part of ARPGs like Diablo and PoE - the feeling of being alone against an horde of enemies.

What i was talking about was the world structure. Persistent zones, dungeons in fixed places and with specific layout/encounters, etc. Personally, i feel that endless randomized dungeons are the most soulless kind of content, and it boils down to "fill up that progress bar as fast as possible".

On the other side, WoW-like dungeons can enable storytelling (not that's extremely good in ARPGs generally) and actual boss mechanics to deal with. Also, M+ is basically the evolution of GRs where you can keep them constantly relevant increasing the difficulty (and one thing i'd like is to have "milestones" that instead of being generic buffs/debuffs are again specific to the fight - example at +10 the boss gets an extra attack to deal with).
    Overall is a much more solid system - i'd like to see something like that i can play solo.

Hopefully i can try Lost Ark in a reasonable time frame.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm a madman and am leveling another duelist so I can make a cyclone character with Starforge. Thankfully I have most of the gear I'll likely need on my Facebreaker character, now I just need to hit the mid-80's so I can start piecing the gear and links together properly...just need a whole bunch of fuses to try to 6-link my Starforge and potentially my Bronn's Lithe. Been using that with only 4 links and holy crap I forgot that Cyclone is a "movement" skill and gets all those benefits.

There was a ranger build I was considering because it looks like it had slightly more overall damage, but getting reflect immunity and the additional survivability with more life leech was just too damn tempting to pass up.

you know, when I was reading up on getting to 100 in PoE I read about how hard it was and thought nahhh it cant be THAT hard. Well after 2 weeks at 87 I no longer think that lol

you know, when I was reading up on getting to 100 in PoE I read about how hard it was and thought nahhh it cant be THAT hard. Well after 2 weeks at 87 I no longer think that lol
    Wait until your 90's, that's when the wall starts hitting and you start seeing days worth of farming lost to a death or two. I doubt I'll ever get a character to 100, but that's a mix of me getting bored with them and me playing dumb.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2237214

Made a character for this build because the idea of a bow-based summoner seemed fun and...it's hilarious. I have a bunch of upgrades that will help as I'm still a bit squishy and my single target damage isn't great, but holy shit is this a hilarious build. Literally just listening shit that's not even on my screen blow up my my dude attacks and causes a chain reaction of explosions. Only 2 ex invested so far so it's pretty cheap. Nowhere near as good as my Cyclone characters yet, but with a few more levels and some upgrades I feel like it'll be pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait until your 90's, that's when the wall starts hitting and you start seeing days worth of farming lost to a death or two. I doubt I'll ever get a character to 100, but that's a mix of me getting bored with them and me playing dumb.

Made a character for this build because the idea of a bow-based summoner seemed fun and...it's hilarious. I have a bunch of upgrades that will help as I'm still a bit squishy and my single target damage isn't great, but holy shit is this a hilarious build. Literally just listening shit that's not even on my screen blow up my my dude attacks and causes a chain reaction of explosions. Only 2 ex invested so far so it's pretty cheap. Nowhere near as good as my Cyclone characters yet, but with a few more levels and some upgrades I feel like it'll be pretty solid.
    Why not just use bane to apply curses?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

90 is still not as hard. 95+ is when the real wall begins and you are getting fucked by one death.

Also as Coldkil said, why not use bane for curses? Not only is it extra damage, you also apply all your curses at once.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Why not just use bane to apply curses?
    Need to keep up the constant poison procs for virulence, mostly for single target and I don't think Bane would do that (the bow/rain attacks stupid fast but does no damage, it's purely for virulence stacks).

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    90 is still not as hard. 95+ is when the real wall begins and you are getting fucked by one death.

Also as Coldkil said, why not use bane for curses? Not only is it extra damage, you also apply all your curses at once.
    I'm applying all 3 already (+1 from ascendency, +1 from node). I'm not doing any of the damage, my character is basically there to just stack virulence to high hell super quick to buff up my Agony Crawler.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Really hoping next league is more involved like say betrayal. Legion really killed my interest in exile with how lame it was and this is by far my least played league of the last 4 or so even though I got a mirror to drop.

Last season I got to 96 but I was getting super frustrated so this season I stopped at 94 (basically have all the points I need so no worries I'm missing anything crucial). The problem is not only the xp bar needs more xp to fill, but you also get xp penalty for each level you overlevel the map and maps stop at ~84? So not only you need more xp, but you also get less from the same content.

P.S. Luckily contrary to some other games you don't have to be max level for any content or items, I don't think there's anything with lvl 100 requirement on it.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-08-20 at 08:51 PM.

Not sure how tower defence is going to interact with the gotta go fast meta.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I might be able to finally play Viper Strike and not be ridiculed by my friends

A tower defense huh, didn't see that one coming.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    tower defense, neat!

I don't know about Tower Defense. Have to play it to see.

Am stoked about the new Necromancer/Saboteur changes. Mines thrown at range and new mines.

New Master mission design is also a boon.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2019-08-20 at 10:43 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"