There are so so so many scams going around. From the awakener gems, links to the oldschool currency shuffles. I added like 150 people to ignore. We need a voting system for trades to know who is actually trustworthy or not. Easy stuff like adding a thumbs up/down after each trade. People with better ratings show up higher.

So I have this full CoC Arc build setup

Then they drop these new wand gems

I wonder how barrage with spellslinger will work

And will 6 linking a wand attack with a 3link clear spell or 3 link wand attack with 6link spellslinger be better

Duel Wield Wands will be interesting as well, especially with something like icenova/frost bolt or desecrate 3l volatile dead 6l

oohh, barrage ele hit with elemental equilibrium for the lulz
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-03-03 at 05:24 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Every one sharing good will and I’m just siting here with hundreds of exalts form a mirror drop I got a few leagues back that I never spent because I hated trading :x

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    There are so so so many scams going around. From the awakener gems, links to the oldschool currency shuffles. I added like 150 people to ignore. We need a voting system for trades to know who is actually trustworthy or not. Easy stuff like adding a thumbs up/down after each trade. People with better ratings show up higher.
    Doesn't work in a ftp game. People just scam with burner accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Doesn't work in a ftp game. People just scam with burner accounts.
    /shrug, they also seem to get around needing a premium stash as well. granted they are only like 2 dollars.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2781455

Looks like this might be the league where I finally try out a Wander.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2781455

Looks like this might be the league where I finally try out a Wander.
    Spellslinger looks to be budget Poet's Pen (which is awesome). Now imagine running dual poet's pen with 2-3 spellslinger. The meme build of pressing one button doing 11 things will be amazing.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

So here's a weird newbie question. Was playing in act 2, and I think I leveled up or something, and all of a sudden, my weapons didn't work. None of my skills worked. Frantically ran around to find a safe place to portal back to town to figure out what happened. For some reason, I didn't have enough stats to use my gems? I don't know what happened. Luckily, I had a few passive points available to add some +10 dex and str points so I could use them again. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    So here's a weird newbie question. Was playing in act 2, and I think I leveled up or something, and all of a sudden, my weapons didn't work. None of my skills worked. Frantically ran around to find a safe place to portal back to town to figure out what happened. For some reason, I didn't have enough stats to use my gems? I don't know what happened. Luckily, I had a few passive points available to add some +10 dex and str points so I could use them again. Is that normal?
    Gem requirements increase with being leveled. Orb of Scouring + Gem being sold to a vendor will reduce it by one level so you can use it. Leveling gems is not always good.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

As you level your equipped gems their requirements go up. But the game normally doesn't let you level up a gem if you don't have the required stats for the new level.
    My guess is you switched some gear that caused you to lose some stats and thereby not have the requirements for some gems. And if you don't meet the requirements for a gem in an item the item stops functioning.

This happens during leveling and its not uncommon to grab one of the big +30 nodes to temporarily cover requirements. Later on as you fill out more of your passive tree this becomes less of an issue and you can refund the big nodes.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. The only thing I can imagine happening is that you changed out a piece of gear and lost those dex/str points.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a lot of new spectres... Kind of want to play a summoner now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2782531

Quote Originally Posted by Path of Exile
    We've added over 350 new monster types to the pool of possible monsters which can be used for Spectres. These are monsters that were not previously usable as spectres for technical reasons, such as unusual spawning behaviour or skills that only function in a specific context. Among them are monsters from Abyss, Delve, Betrayal, Synthesis, Legion and Conquerors of the Atlas content. Some of these monsters utilise skills that are fairly new and different to skills that are used by existing spectres so should allow for some new options for spectre builds

We've gone through these monsters to make the appropriate AI and skill mechanic changes to ensure that they're able to still use their skills as spectres. Outside of these small improvements they remain relatively unchanged from their delightfully monstrous states.

In addition to this, all monsters that can be used as spectres can now also have corpses spawned using Desecrate once you have a spectre of them. Monster corpses that were previously impossible to spawn with Desecrate still can’t be spawned unless you have a spectre of them (or entered the current area with a spectre of them), so you'll have to first find those monsters in the wild. Corpses that despawn shortly after death will still do so (unless created by Desecrate), as it's vital for performance in many cases. So you'll have to be quick off the mark with your spectre raising!

We plan to keep doing this in the future to ensure a steady supply of new spectres. If you happen to find a monster that you'd like to see as a spectre but isn't currently supported, please let us know!

Was thinking about finally putting some money down on some stash tabs. Do those things normally go on sale when a new season starts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was thinking about finally putting some money down on some stash tabs. Do those things normally go on sale when a new season starts?
    March 20 is the next one, a week after the new league starts. To answer in general though, yeah, every time there is a new league, a week later there is a stash sale. They happen every couple weeks otherwise.

Tbh I don't know how can people live without the map tab, I can survive without some mega "dump quad tab" but map and currency are a must.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh I don't know how can people live without the map tab, I can survive without some mega "dump quad tab" but map and currency are a must.
    After about 2300 hours. I feel that if you removed all my tabs except Currency\Map\Fragment\1 Quad id be fine. I have a few tabs that i feel are largely wasted (essence), and a lot of regular premium tabs but i play private league only now so i don't trade through the API. They just turn into hoarder tabs now...

Also what is everyone thinking about League Starting? Right now it looks Kinetic Bolt Elementalist with Golems for me.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    After about 2300 hours. I feel that if you removed all my tabs except Currency\Map\Fragment\1 Quad id be fine. I have a few tabs that i feel are largely wasted (essence), and a lot of regular premium tabs but i play private league only now so i don't trade through the API. They just turn into hoarder tabs now...

Also what is everyone thinking about League Starting? Right now it looks Kinetic Bolt Elementalist with Golems for me.
    Yep, I have some of the specialized tabs, but no quads and only 1 premium one to help selling stuff, I just wish they added all the new league crap to currency tab already (blight oils, metamorph catalysts, legion incubators), I tend to run out of space easily especially since I tend to run chaos recipe for a long time because it feels I get no currency without it to start up my character. Then I keep some gems for gcp recipe, flasks for baubles, small amount of crappy uniques for 5 unique prophecy / incursion temple sacrificing, a lot of random stuff.

About league starting, I'd be very reluctant to start with a wanding build, they're notorious for being weak before a lot of investment. I have a friend who started with a bow build in the "bow league" metamorph (voltaxic rift scourge arrow) and he hated it, ended up rerolling to necro. Tbh I was planning to start with poison scourge arrow myself and go for the darkscorn build, then realized darkscorn is 10ex+ at league start, gave up and rerolled to chaos dot occultist.

My thoughts are that unless Necro / Guardian gets uber nerfed or minions are, it's gonna still be an amazing league start. Necro probably cheaper. Blade Vortex was already a good spell and with the new blade blast could be even stronger. Chieftain / Assassin / Elementalist / Inquisitor would all work to different degrees. Mana stacking Hierophant could also be good with the new mana support gem, something like frostbolt + ice nova, however you'd have to start normally with life + mom before doing the whole low life ivory tower shenanigans.

Not convinced with the new "Baran's mana rune" type of spell, spells that require you to stand & channel like Storm Burst tend to be certain death in many scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I have some of the specialized tabs, but no quads and only 1 premium one to help selling stuff, I just wish they added all the new league crap to currency tab already (blight oils, metamorph catalysts, legion incubators), I tend to run out of space easily especially since I tend to run chaos recipe for a long time because it feels I get no currency without it to start up my character. Then I keep some gems for gcp recipe, flasks for baubles, small amount of crappy uniques for 5 unique prophecy / incursion temple sacrificing, a lot of random stuff.

About league starting, I'd be very reluctant to start with a wanding build, they're notorious for being weak before a lot of investment. I have a friend who started with a bow build in the "bow league" metamorph (voltaxic rift scourge arrow) and he hated it, ended up rerolling to necro. Tbh I was planning to start with poison scourge arrow myself and go for the darkscorn build, then realized darkscorn is 10ex+ at league start, gave up and rerolled to chaos dot occultist.

My thoughts are that unless Necro / Guardian gets uber nerfed or minions are, it's gonna still be an amazing league start. Necro probably cheaper. Blade Vortex was already a good spell and with the new blade blast could be even stronger. Chieftain / Assassin / Elementalist / Inquisitor would all work to different degrees. Mana stacking Hierophant could also be good with the new mana support gem, something like frostbolt + ice nova, however you'd have to start normally with life + mom before doing the whole low life ivory tower shenanigans.

Not convinced with the new "Baran's mana rune" type of spell, spells that require you to stand & channel like Storm Burst tend to be certain death in many scenarios.
    I was the same as your friend in Meta except Explosive Arrow. The difference i think at this point is, if i league start as KBolt as elementalist, i can always switch to necro or occultist later if it is just bad. Hell elementalist is still good for a lot of builds (Burning Arrow for me). Last league i rerolled necro real early but i don't want to play a necro for a 3rd league in a row. I wish i liked blade vortex but i don't like the playstyle of having to start the vortex periodically. I have considered ED/Contagion but not sure i want to roll it cause my friend did a few leagues back, and he didn't seem to have a ton of fun.

As for Baran's Mana rune, i think that is a trap spell (as in bad, not trap support) and i think it will be meme at most, like flame dash totems.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That's a lot of new spectres... Kind of want to play a summoner now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2782531
    I had made my first Spector build before I stoped playing this league I’m wondering if I should try another now. I’m realy big into themes so I went it all kitava Spectors but they we’re kinda slow.

- - - Updated - - -

I know my friend manages by just making me store all the maps and not really progressing his own atlas as we almost always group play.

Dudes a insane pack rat so when ever he gives me maps he also forces me to take a ton of useless things like 5 of the same skill gem all at low level ranges for what ever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Gonna try a chieftain with the new blade bomb converting to fire. Never played with any of the Blade skills and I like the idea of muscle wizards so should be fun to mess around with.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-03-06 at 04:51 PM.

I'll probably tinker around in the next league, though I'm not super thrilled about the mechanic (like the endless murder, dislike the fog).

Need to figure out what the hell I wanna play this league, probably another facetank character because I'm bad at this game and that appears to be the only thing I can realistically achieve success on. Now just to wait for patch notes and see if there are any different facetank builds I can try this season. Kinda really super over cyclone builds at the very least.