Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    For me, it was when I found that LMP/GMP work with Raise Spectre.
    O_O

Didn't know that one.

If you ghost one of those fireball banners in Act 3 Solaris and socket LMP/GMP it's pretty awesome. Also really good with the poison archer bandits- the damage those ghosts do is pretty significant with +added minion damage.

I'm assuming LMP/GMP gives them additional attacks?

Bahh so torn on how to go with my build, feel kinda forced in to CI due to how hard some chaos stuff hits even with resists, at the same time losing that much overall HP doesn't seem worth it. =/

CI should have given you half HP as shield or armor to help with the trade off total HP wise.

I'm assuming LMP/GMP gives them additional attacks?
    Yup. Gives 'em extra arrows/fireballs/etc.

When the game was in CBT there were no banners or act 3. So I used Faster Attacks support with Spectre. Which was awesome combined with the Vexing Archers as they have 2 amazing qualities; 1. they curse with Projectile Weakness 2. they already have a high attack rate with Split Arrow.

Faster Attacks + Spectre + Minion Damage + Minion Life was super awesome.

My chest in CBT was 6L B*5/G*1: Zombie + Spectre + Minion Dmg + Minion Life + Minion Speed + Faster Attacks/LMP

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol look what I just made got to 6 link this and my frenzy damage is going to be up to 14k + the final charge at level 80? 15k+

DAYUMMMMMMMMM Breaking this game just like I did with D3 ahahaha!!!!! Psychosis wooooooo

Anyway I got the colors right so that's step one done the next step is to 6 link it which may take around 100-200 fusions my bow only took 53 fusions and 520 chrom orbs to color it thankfully I don't have to worry about my coloring in this

sup

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Hahaha you are so funny Your anger can only be explained because it hurts you, thats all. Dude, seriously, age justifies some behaviours, if you are +30 and still like 18yo then smth went clearly wrong.

Anyway, I knew what reaction my post would start, it's sad, that even you, who I though are mature enough, can't withstand that some ppl may write negative comment and "I quite because <put smth> and I am gonna play <the game which hurt you because you had a dream like for a girl>" heh. No point to read you all besides Fencers, he answered to my post in a normal and sane way. Thank Fencers for Your help

But
    Tell me, what is the typical Twtich viewer? How does he look like, what is he doing, his age, interests, financial status? I guess most are insane introvertics escapists 14-21yo maybe older Maybe its my age, because I totally don't care at all what are kids playing
    Trade chat non-stop spam is the result of hundreads of hardcores selling/buying their gear, it will increase in the next 2-3 weeks.

<Mod Edit: Infracted, lets stop with the insults already and please adhere to in-thread moderator warnings>
    I am going to respond to this even though a moderator infracted you for it.

I have a question, that you should answer. Not answer to me, or anyone in particular, but answer in your own head, mentally. You have been trying to make clear, that you do not like the game and I think we have all been very understanding so far. You basically admitted that you were searching for flawes and that you think this game is for hardcores only (which apprently rubs you, somehow), without defining what you consider to be hardcore. I personally play maybe 1, 2 hours a day, but it doesn't do anything bad to me for playing so little and I've always had enough skill to avoid the avoidable, so what is it that makes me hardcore?

You seem to be looking to start a fight. Maybe this is not true, but it appears to others like that. If you are, please ask yourself what it will gain you. First of all, Shamanic is my prefered mod for any interaction with the forum, because she's fair. But I'm afraid that once your credit is gone, she will put you under.

Instead of insulting people, trying to agitate forum members and trashing the game, why not engage in the discussion from a purely objective corner and point out gameplay flawes and suggest some improvements. That way, you will contribute to the game, because people pursue good ideas and many good ideas from CBT made it into the current OBT, and you will change the way people are starting to look at you, to a more prositive light.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Lol look what I just made got to 6 link this and my frenzy damage is going to be up to 14k + the final charge at level 80? 15k+

DAYUMMMMMMMMM Breaking this game just like I did with D3 ahahaha!!!!! Psychosis wooooooo

Anyway I got the colors right so that's step one done the next step is to 6 link it which may take around 100-200 fusions my bow only took 53 fusions and 520 chrom orbs to color it thankfully I don't have to worry about my coloring in this

sup

I hate you. Not really.

On another note. Where do you get the hundreds of orbs to pull this off?
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-09 at 10:11 PM.

So I'm relatively new to the game and I have a few questions that I figured people here would know the answer to.

I have a number of characters ranging from 15-35, still haven't moved to Cruel yet because I've mostly been playing Hardcore with friends. However,

1. I've been playing an HP/Evasion Ranger picking up resists where appropriate, including Prismatic Rings, and using Split Arrow and Burning Arrow, as I can't find more reliable ways to deal single- or multi-target damage. I've considered using Frenzy but I've never had the mana to maintain it no matter how many Passive Skills I waste on mana regen. Lightning Arrow was a decent contender with Split Arrow, but I found it was much easier for me to play defensively and offensively with the Split Arrow mechanics. Yet I've noticed within this thread almost no one uses either of these abilities, and one person went so far as to call Burning Arrow unviable. Can anyone explain to me what makes these abilities so bad and alternatives (perhaps Forked Lightning Arrow?) so much better?

2. I like playing the Archer archetype in this game, can anyone recommend a good softcore, solo (for now) Archer class/build for me? I'd rather not make a new softcore Split/Burning Ranger and have to re-roll down the road. I'd prefer to be defensive enough that I don't get one shot, but maybe not go so far as to be a full tank like a Templar with a Bow (if that's even how it works.)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I figured I'd post the build I was using in Hardcore through Normal. My goals were to balance Damage with Life and pick up as many reasonable resist points as possible. http://tinyurl.com/akhzsa4
    Last edited by Ryanlol; 2013-02-09 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Oh well, thanks for the fun PoE, but this poor art style is enough for me. Thanks alot for a couple of hours of fun, going back to D3 (and MechWarrior Online), because of the climate, vast word, great items and art
    We'll its good you had fun and enjoyed the game for what it is. Does it really matter if you dont play it all the time? Aslong as you had fun so far.

Personally the only game I played dayli has been WoW, with Diablo2 it was always 1-3 months at a time daily, and then Id useally completely stop again. For me POE is just another game to have fun with and try out. POE is only as hard-core as you want it to be.

Now days I can log into Diablo3, clear a full(ish) map off act3 inn 1 hour on the useal MP3 and be done with that aswell, as fun as you want it to be. Nobody forces you to log inn every day. Its only good you have other games to go to than one (Well I'd love if wow was able to take all my game time still xD).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Well you MIGHT get it in 1 to 200 fusings but be prepared to spend anything from a few hundred to 1200 or more.
    There were several threads during the closed beta where people had done this and i think the highest i'd heard(though not actually seen) was 1500 and still no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanlol View Post
    So I'm relatively new to the game and I have a few questions that I figured people here would know the answer to.
    1. Split Arrow and Burning are prefectly viable with the right build. A build consists of passive skill, gear and active skill choices.

If for example, you are not slotted for Weapon Elemental damage or any elemental damage nodes related to Fire, Burning Arrow will not be of much good. Likewise, Split Arrow is a pure physical skill and as such benefits from gear and passive that are directly in opposition to Burning Arrow.

It is likely the case that your build and gear choices are "all over the place", so to speak.

I would suggest locking down what sort of damage you intend to deliver and the method of that damage. Then build around those skills with strong support gems. Which could be another factor in your aoe problem, are you using supports smartly?

Lightning Arrow on it's own is okay AOE. Lightning Arrow with Lesser Multiple Projectiles or Chain becomes a different beast entirely. As each hit of the arrows will hit 2 other targets and most importantly Lightning Damage adds shock stacks which increase the amount of damage a mob(s) take.

Have to think about active skills as more than just 1 thing; supports and passive skills will change their method in often dramatic ways.

Like, Split Arrow. A pure phys Archer taking Blood Magic [no mana, use life to cast skill] passive with Split Arrow, Life Leech and Chain support gems itemizing for Life and Life on Hit/Regen is quite the force. Add in Knockback to Split Arrow and that archer is nigh untouchable.

Rangers are typically always short on mana. Find ways around it; supports, passives, active gems, flasks, leeching, etc.

2. This works: link

^ As simple as you can get for a archer Ranger. Frenzy (+Faster Attacks, +Life Leech, +Knockback) for single target, Split Arrow (+Knockback, +LMP, +Life Leech, +Faster Projectile) for AOE.

Elemental version: link

^ Ice Shot (+LMP, +Faster Attacks, +Weapon Elemental Damage) for CC and Lightning Arrow (+Chain, +LMP, +Faster Attacks, +Weapon Elemental Damage) for AOE.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-09 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Well you MIGHT get it in 1 to 200 fusings but be prepared to spend anything from a few hundred to 1200 or more.
    There were several threads during the closed beta where people had done this and i think the highest i'd heard(though not actually seen) was 1500 and still no luck
    Could give a F I'll get 1200 fusions if I have too haha I'll get 5000 of them if I have too, perfection is all I care for! My only flaw in me haha

Could give a F I'll get 1200 fusions if I have too haha I'll get 5000 of them if I have too, perfection is all I care for! My only flaw in me haha
    i know...just letting you know in advance that you may not get it so readily

Heh, I 6 linked a chest once in 2 fusings.

A few weeks later, 120 fusings and ended with a 3L maul.

Anger. I carry it around with me in a little sack tied to my hip.

Thanks for the help Fencers. I guess I was avoiding elemental and still using Burning Arrow because the damage breakdown was so heavily physical, it almost seemed like the reason it was called Burning Arrow was because it caused burning, not because it actually did Fire damage. I think on my highest HC Ranger, Physical is like 70%+ of the damage of Burning Arrow, and Fire is only about 10%, with similar numbers for the other elements.

Also, would you recommend Blood Rage in any situation, especially one which focuses on Life Steal, Life on Hit, or Life Regen?

I also saw you mentioning earlier in the thread that veterans look at Crit builds with disdain. Is there any specific reason that Crit is bad or looked down upon? I'd consider a Crit/Frost build to be somewhat interesting from my point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Crit in hardcore is often not useful or VERY dangerous. Because endgame maps often have reflect mobs. Crit on a reflect mob and you will almost always kill yourself as a heavy crit build. It's just really dangerous. Cold crit less so, as cold damage is easily mitigated. As a physical crit build, the harder one hits the more armor is ignored. If one manages to get crit-reflected it is highly unlikely your armor can take your own damage.

If you play in softcore, almost nothing matter defensively. It'll just take a long time to level if you keep dying. Softcore is a "forever" league so it ultimately will not matter. Only get one shot at the ladder in HC. Its a totally different set of circumstances to consider to play hardcore.

Blood Rage is okay if you can handle the mechanics. Chaos resist or immunity goes a long way to increasing the desirability of Blood Rage. Like Righteous Fire, if you can't survive the mechanics of the skill, don't bother.

Getting frustrated with my wand templar, level 53 and their dps is really low right now due to not having any luck with loot drops. They're up to act 2 merciless but with my low dps I seem to die almost at the same ratio to the xp i'd earnt prior. Should I farm somewhere on cruel or somewhere in merciless? At the same time, got to work on my gear too ... so its not in a good place right now.

Wand Templars are so gear and gem dependent I found it to be a frustrating build for a long while till stuff kicked. In CBT I just played the build as a Bow Templar till I had enough gear to respec 6 points and grab Fusilade/static blows.

Makes me think I should level my shadow daggers character more and use them to acquire gear for my wand templar. I dunno, the templar isn't much fun to play right now as it takes so long to kill stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    Makes me think I should level my shadow daggers character more and use them to acquire gear for my wand templar. I dunno, the templar isn't much fun to play right now as it takes so long to kill stuff.
    Re-roll if you aren't enjoying it like that's really the core part of the game is fine something you enjoy / doing good with. Like I f'ing sucked BAD on my first char like it was f'ing terrible it was like drowning myself ( Lol sorry ) Anyway find a guide and follow it It's what I did and you will destroy stuff pretty fast