Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Thats basically it. Unless you really read a lot into how to synthesize items, you wont get the greatest loot out of it.
    Also, if you dont get lucky with Synthesised Uniques from Bosses, you wont get a lot of stuff thats worth it.

I personally only treat the fragments on maps/in areas as just another small side area to clear for XP. The Nexus itself I just ignore, it's really not worth it unless you want to invest a lot of time and figuring stuff out on it, but good luck doing that WITHOUT looking up poedb.
    Synthesized items are just not worth it IMO unless the locked mod is good. I look at many new implicits and can't help but think that corrupting it is still better, risky but far simpler.

The main use I get out of the Nexus is just rushing those extra mods. Some of them are great when it comes to currency drops and even fossil drops. Outside of that the time is better spent on maps and delves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh boy, spawned uber elder for the first time last night. Going to give it a shot with my brother tonight to see if we can down him ourselves for shits and giggles, but our scrubby asses will probably just end up getting rekt. Thankfully he's in some rad guild and there are a few folks that may be able to carry us (1 for free, 1 for like 40 chaos which isn't bad) but I'm pretty excited. Downed elder before, downed shaper, I think uber elder is the last "new" content for me to do to "finish" the game.

Never thought I'd actually get it spawned but the atlas gods smiled upon me.
    GL on your watchers eye roll if it drops.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Synthesized items are just not worth it IMO unless the locked mod is good. I look at many new implicits and can't help but think that corrupting it is still better, risky but far simpler.

The main use I get out of the Nexus is just rushing those extra mods. Some of them are great when it comes to currency drops and even fossil drops. Outside of that the time is better spent on maps and delves.
    Thats not how Synthesized Items work though.
    You need CERTAIN THRESHOLDS on stats to even have a CHANCE to get a certain implicit. The only thing thats important is to gain those implicites is how many locked mods are on it. Its extremely confusing and WAY to convoluted to even find out on your own, which is why I tend to just completely ignore the Memory Nexus.

All I'm doing is going for 36/40 and thats about it. Not worth to invest into a system that needs datamining to figure out.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Yeah if you want to craft Synthesized items, get out your calculator and math book, and become a database monkey.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Arc build died so running a trickster with bane now and holy fuck it just melts everything and survivability is very nice to, very nice to level with too in ssfhc.

Welp, beat uber elder. Got carried hard by my brother since I faceplanted (who knew you couldn't jump over the rotating aoe thing?!), but my summoned guardian and fire elemental stuck around to buff him. Was his first time killing uber elder "solo" as well.

And apparently the watchers eye that dropped is worth somewhere between 15-25 exalt, so definitely worth the XP loss and the hundred or so chaos to buy the guardian maps.

I think, despite being dead, I've technically "finished" the content in the game. Kinda neato.

Edit: Man, I need to swap some gems around after realizing I'm missing out on some free +2's to a few auras. That and realizing that I can work spirit offering into my build with a blood magic link so I can turbocharge my minions. Only annoying thing is that I can't have desecrate on my main weapons for bosses so I'd have to swap and...then recast a bunch of auras each time.

Oh well, my aurabot dude seems like he can crush through t15's without much issue already. Super duper happy with this build, it seems to work pretty fantastically as an aurabot and it can do some decent damage/solo damn well so I'm not useless when I'm alone.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2019-03-30 at 10:49 PM.

so question,

I am just getting into the flow of the game and want to learn more about the LEagues. Right now I am in the default league, but if I go into the harder one, does better gear drop? What is the incentive to doing the Harder league outside of starting from the beginning again?

I am trying it out today and just want to know what I am getting into

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    so question,

I am just getting into the flow of the game and want to learn more about the LEagues. Right now I am in the default league, but if I go into the harder one, does better gear drop? What is the incentive to doing the Harder league outside of starting from the beginning again?

Most leagues add a new mechanic or such, usually optional (including Synthesis) which does offer new possible gear rewards. For example, in Synthesis, there's a new NPC that will appear in pretty much every zone and if you talk to him you go into a subzone with a bunch of monsters, some that can drop stuff not available in Standard, and you can get memory fragments. Memory fragments can eventually be used to make more zones with similar drops, and things... but if you want to completely avoid dealing with this NPC, you can do that too.

There are a few unique items that are only available in the current League. There are also cosmetic rewards available for doing challenges in a League, if you care about those.

But in short, if you're just starting anew and don't already have established characters that you want to play, you might as well try the new league, there's generally no harm in doing so. You can totally ignore Synthesis if you don't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    so question,

SSF (solo self found, no trading allowed tho you can move items between your own character with the stash) and Hardcore (perma death, very much not recommended for a new player) have no bonuses. They are self imposed challenges for no reward.

With default League do you mean Synthesis or Standard?

PoE works with a sort of season system (called leagues) where every ~3 months a new patch with a new game mechanic starts a new league and the previous league is merged into Standard.

As a new player I would say play the current League (Synthesis). When it ends you can keep playing your characters in Standard or start over with a new League.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Currently doing the Synthesis Legue default not standard. I was just curious if there was something worth doing the Hardcore mode. But it sounds like there are not so I will just stay in default

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so it turns out Vaal Double Strike is hilarious.

Question: Is it worth getting Splash Damage, or should I lean into the bleeds and go for Gladiator Bleedsplosion?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Any normal map boss should melt to you and your clones even without swapping
    Yeah, I know I’m not I’m far yet... but holy shit stuff MELTS when you drop four clones and a war banner on them
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Welp, did Atziri and Uber Atziri last night as well, hadn't done them before. Uber was way easier than I thought it would be, though it helps that I'm an aurabot buffing my brothers OP molten strike jug.

I think I've now down "all" the content in the game in terms of bosses?

Welp, did Atziri and Uber Atziri last night as well, hadn't done them before. Uber was way easier than I thought it would be, though it helps that I'm an aurabot buffing my brothers OP molten strike jug.

I think I've now down "all" the content in the game in terms of bosses?
    IDK how hard it is but there's a synthesis end boss as well

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    IDK how hard it is but there's a synthesis end boss as well
    We're on standard right now so haven't done those. Will have to wait for the next league for that.

We're on standard right now so haven't done those. Will have to wait for the next league for that.
    Ah, missed that part, most people are on league so I just assumed :P but yea, from there I think you're pretty much down to min/maxing or trying new builds

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ah, missed that part, most people are on league so I just assumed :P but yea, from there I think you're pretty much down to min/maxing or trying new builds
    Yep, just farming to try to get some incremental upgrades (and levels) on my aurabot. I can pretty much solo everything through T15-16 already (though a bit slow), just working on getting tankier so I die less to shit like uber elder. Want to bump my ES up from 7.6K to 9K eventually, but that either means taking my rings/belt and probably boots and finding a lot more ES out of it. That or rotating some planned points away from minion damage buffs and to more ES nodes.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Scourge

I did get that to drop which should be a very nice damage increase if I end up using it. Just need to find a way to free up some mana. Currently using this - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Taker - which is great because it lets me ignore mana altogether, but without a bit of breathing room (14 mana left over) I can't use that. I don't want to drop any auras yet but I may have to drop one of the resist aura's if I end up wanting to run with that weapon. That and I'll need to swap from leap slam to something like whirling blades, but that means I'll lose out on my ability to leap over ledges or gaps and shit (IIRC whirling blades won't go over those).

Yep, just farming to try to get some incremental upgrades (and levels) on my aurabot. I can pretty much solo everything through T15-16 already (though a bit slow), just working on getting tankier so I die less to shit like uber elder. Want to bump my ES up from 7.6K to 9K eventually, but that either means taking my rings/belt and probably boots and finding a lot more ES out of it. That or rotating some planned points away from minion damage buffs and to more ES nodes.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Scourge

I did get that to drop which should be a very nice damage increase if I end up using it. Just need to find a way to free up some mana. Currently using this - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Taker - which is great because it lets me ignore mana altogether, but without a bit of breathing room (14 mana left over) I can't use that. I don't want to drop any auras yet but I may have to drop one of the resist aura's if I end up wanting to run with that weapon. That and I'll need to swap from leap slam to something like whirling blades, but that means I'll lose out on my ability to leap over ledges or gaps and shit (IIRC whirling blades won't go over those).
    Deaths will always randomly happen, its how PoE works, with its fake difficulty.

You could get as tanky as possible, even so "The mobs have 5% to crit" which will 1 shot you either way, and magically that critical always happens when you are at 90-99% of the next level.

This is why DPS > all after basic counters, 75% resist, Immortal Call etc etc.

Also, your have Aul in Delve left, for end game boss.

Do we have any Witch builders here?

I have a 67 Witch who is an Ele Necromancer. I can drop minion and totems within seconds, but now it is getting to the point where in Nexus and Incursions, I get uber zerged and my minions n totems cannot down them fast enpugh. I am trying to try a Evasion/ES build but not sure if I should be doing Life/ES.

I love my Witch out in the world as she just melts everything but in incursions and nexus all mobs have shields and HP that is hard to melt

Another thing, I am using Auras now and they are really lowering my Mana pool.

I am using Haste and Herald of Thunder and that reserves 639 of my 819 mana pool. I am now trying to hit every intelligence and mana node I can. But am afraid that it will gimp me in other areas
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2019-04-02 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Deaths will always randomly happen, its how PoE works, with its fake difficulty.
    Eh, most of my deaths are largely "derp, I did a dumb thing." at least outside of shit like high tier Syndicate dudes all popping out at once and shreking me.

You could get as tanky as possible, even so "The mobs have 5% to crit" which will 1 shot you either way, and magically that critical always happens when you are at 90-99% of the next level.
    I haven't experienced anything like that at all. The only time something like that happened was when I stupidly ran a high tier map with multiple crit/damage boosts and would jump into full packs like an idiot, eating 5-6 crits at once and faceplanting.

This is why DPS > all after basic counters, 75% resist, Immortal Call etc etc.
    Sadly, can't run IC with this build. I already tweaked it a bit to get rid of specters (RIP that frenzy charge) and instead roll with desecrate/flesh offering since that gives my minions a pretty big sustainable damage boost (and me since I benefit from attack speed changes to my minions)

Also, your have Aul in Delve left, for end game boss.
    Oh, didn't know there was a Delve boss. Whereabouts is this sucker?

Eh, most of my deaths are largely "derp, I did a dumb thing." at least outside of shit like high tier Syndicate dudes all popping out at once and shreking me.

I haven't experienced anything like that at all. The only time something like that happened was when I stupidly ran a high tier map with multiple crit/damage boosts and would jump into full packs like an idiot, eating 5-6 crits at once and faceplanting.

Sadly, can't run IC with this build. I already tweaked it a bit to get rid of specters (RIP that frenzy charge) and instead roll with desecrate/flesh offering since that gives my minions a pretty big sustainable damage boost (and me since I benefit from attack speed changes to my minions)

Oh, didn't know there was a Delve boss. Whereabouts is this sucker?
    You keep pushing Delve till he spawns, usually after 250 depth? Not even sure about that, havent done him myself, this league burnt me out too fast cause its too crappy quality and the fixes came too late.

There are actually 3 bosses, Aul is just the "Uber Elder" one.

Grim Dawning instead!

And i dont know what exact build you play to help you, generally Aura bots are Ascendant these last 2 leagues, sounds like you are Necromancer on Standard?

You can probably create 2 sets of items, one with some auras and some actual DPS and 1 for full aura bot for you and your brother.