Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's very cheap to add +minion damage modifiers to a wide range of gear and it's just straight damage, so it works with any build.
    Yes, that's the point I made. My dot occultist has that node, a high minion damage weapon and minion damage impicit helmet. I almost expect that node to get nerfed because of how strong it is.

My point still stands that a minion focused build shouldn't get overly spread on all minion nodes and personal damage nodes. You have life/es to worry about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Spiritual Command is boss AF as well since it gives you increases to minion attack speed. Sucks when there's a debuff on minions since that impacts you as well, but I've been having fun using Flesh Offering with my minions and watching my attack speed go way up.
    What debuff on minions? I don't think your actual minions affect the bonus. If they get enfeebled, pretty sure that doesn't affect you.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What debuff on minions? I don't think your actual minions affect the bonus. If they get enfeebled, pretty sure that doesn't affect you.
    It does. Both nodes cause bonuses/decreases to dmg/speed respectively to affect you. It's a bit of a double edged sword, but it's overall benefit since you're usually going to spend far more time with the bonuses than with the negatives.

It does. If your minions get enfeebled, you'll deal less damage. The tooltip even states "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affect you".
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much I do not know about this came that I am finally catching on to. I never knew til yesterday that Support Skills needed to be "linked" to Support Gems lol.

I now have my minion damage and life support gems linked to my Zombies, so that should get their survivability and damage output up.

There needs to be a more definitive guide out there that I have not found yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain “Impale” to me? Just got a new Banner that gives chance on hit to Impale, and I looked at the wiki and I’m now more confused than I was before...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Can someone explain “Impale” to me? Just got a new Banner that gives chance on hit to Impale, and I looked at the wiki and I’m now more confused than I was before...
    The way I understand it from the Wiki... Let's say you have an Attack that says it does 2000 physical damage. If it impales an enemy, the next 5 hits you deal to that enemy will cause the enemy to also take 200 physical damage (10% of the initial hit).

So basically you could see it that your physical attacks have a chance to leave a "DOT" that can deal a total of 50% of the initial attack's phys damage, but you have to keep hitting that enemy with anything to make this "DOT" do its damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    The way I understand it from the Wiki...
    Yeah, that’s what I thought... it’s basically a 10% Damage boost, with some extra steps. Seems like it would be quite good for slow, heavy hitting attacks, but not great for my double striker, who hits low and fast.

I’ll stick with the +physical damage on my War Banner.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, that’s what I thought... it’s basically a 10% Damage boost, with some extra steps. Seems like it would be quite good for slow, heavy hitting attacks, but not great for my double striker, who hits low and fast.

I’ll stick with the +physical damage on my War Banner.
    In general Impale is a trap mechanic. It's not very good and requires way too much investment to make it worth it. Maybe it's getting buffed with 3.7's melee update, but currently it's just not worth doing anything with it, leaving both Lancing and Shattering Steel in a very weird place aswell.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    In general Impale is a trap mechanic.
    Yeah, I can see what they were thinking, but it just doesn’t really seem worth the investment. Maybe if it was something like “Stores X% of damage dealt to the target, then deals all the stored damage when the rebuff expries”. But as it is right now, I’d rather have just a straight damage boost. Even if it was slightly smaller, but had better uptime.

It does. Both nodes cause bonuses/decreases to dmg/speed respectively to affect you. It's a bit of a double edged sword, but it's overall benefit since you're usually going to spend far more time with the bonuses than with the negatives.
    Increases and reductions, enfeebled has the "less" wording, not reduces. So no enfeebled minions won't lower your damage, minion damage support gen won't increase your damage either because it is "more" and not increased. Terminology in PoE is important when it comes to understanding mechanics.

If you equip some item that reduces your overall minion damage, it will affect you. Also note that flat damage to minions (from abyss jewels) won't work and specific minion modifiers like skeleton or zombies won't work either.

Increases and reductions, enfeebled has the "less" wording, not reduces. So no enfeebled minions won't lower your damage, minion damage support gen won't increase your damage either because it is "more" and not increased. Terminology in PoE is important when it comes to understanding mechanics.

If you equip some item that reduces your overall minion damage, it will affect you. Also note that flat damage to minions (from abyss jewels) won't work and specific minion modifiers like skeleton or zombies won't work either.
    Wasn't meaning enfeebled specifically, just that both nodes are a double edged sword in that if your minions get slapped with a reduction so do you. They're still boss AF and super good though, watching my damage skyrocket when I buff up my dudes (mostly summoned from Dominating Strike, that rare dude with the haste aura is hilarious) between their damage and mine is hilarious.

On that note, I've been playing around with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Scourge and it's fantastic. Downsides are that I lose my ability to jump over gaps/elevation since I need to use Whirling Blades for mobility, which is super fucking annoying (and I have no free sockets for another mobility skill), and that I have to drop one of my resist auras. But hot damn does my damage go wwwwwaaaaayyyyyy up, plus I get around a heckuva lot faster. Still not doing huge damage since I'm an aurabot, but it cuts a solid 20%+ off the time to kill T14+ map bosses.

The shitty thing is that I have AMAZING luck with dailies and elder/shaper spawns, had all T13-15 dailies yesterday and my first map spawned elder right next to the center so my brother and I got uber to spawn quickly. The shitty part is that we didn't have the time to clear out dailies or do uber, and with our schedules not aligning much for the next 3 days I can't hold onto that spawn and have him carry my ass to a third uber kill in 3 weeks. And I definitely want to dump a bunch of time into playing, and all I'd really be able to do is spam uber lab/low level delve (not much sulphite). RIP this spawn I guess, even running all 4 guardians with 200% shaper drop scarabs we didn't get shit for shaper drops but at least it was pretty good XP.

OH WELL, I'll just spend the weekend grinding maps (assuming my rig didn't die last night which...it may have) and hoping I don't do something stupid and kill myself yet again. Gotta get those levels and hit 96 (I think, maybe 97) so I can get that last jewel slot and another nice minion dmg buff.

OH WELL, I'll just spend the weekend grinding maps (assuming my rig didn't die last night which...it may have) and hoping I don't do something stupid and kill myself yet again. Gotta get those levels and hit 96 (I think, maybe 97) so I can get that last jewel slot and another nice minion dmg buff.
    Prayers for your rig, and condolences for you loss if it goes that way! May the repairs be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Prayers for your rig, and condolences for you loss if it goes that way! May the repairs be ever in your favor.
    Hoping I just stupidly hit sleep rather than turn off and something wonky happened that just gave me black screens. But given that my mobo decided to kick in its surge protection the other night and restarted my computer mid-game (which is apparently due to the mobo being sensitive AF rather than an actual issue) I'm still a bit on edge. Oh well, if it is anything hopefully it's just my GPU and I can have a nice excuse to upgrade to something better than my 970. Thanks : )

Wasn't meaning enfeebled specifically, just that both nodes are a double edged sword in that if your minions get slapped with a reduction so do you. They're still boss AF and super good though, watching my damage skyrocket when I buff up my dudes (mostly summoned from Dominating Strike, that rare dude with the haste aura is hilarious) between their damage and mine is hilarious.
    No idea what debuff you're talking about then. Debuffs tend to have you do less damage, not reduced. If they affect your minions, it only affects your minions. If you have 5 zombies out and one of them is debuffed with reduced damage, do you get reduced damage? What if all 5 got hit? Same goes for buffs. You don't double dip with flesh offering, that is an outside buff that simple increases speed and is applied to your minions.

Spiritual aid is pretty much only affected by gear and skill tree nodes that say "increased minion damage" or "increases minion damage". Replace increase with reduce for the counterpart.

Interesting, I'm learning more and more every day! The games stats are still painfully obtuse IMO, but I guess it's a good challenge in learning the specifics of everything.

Interesting, I'm learning more and more every day! The games stats are still painfully obtuse IMO, but I guess it's a good challenge in learning the specifics of everything.
    They are and maybe they can color code the important wordings when it comes to the modifiers. I imagine that many newcomers are straight up confused on the crit chance percentages, wondering why +50% global crit chance only gives 2% chance more to crit on the character sheet.

I'm done with this league honestly. I'm burned out on casters and spells and I don't feel inclined to invest relearning melee when it's getting a facelift in the next league.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    just play Molten Strike and melt everything

- - - Updated - - -

What We're Working On

We are just over a month into the Synthesis League. As we look ahead to the remainder of the league, we wanted to give you an indication of what to expect and give you a general scope of what the team is working on.

Later this week, we're planning to deploy a small patch on PC that includes a few bug fixes as well as some backend changes that won't affect players but will improve infrastructure.

In just over two weeks we plan to announce the full details of an end-of-league event that we expect to begin around the 10th of May. We are currently investigating whether this event will be possible on console. It looks likely so far. This is likely to be something in the vein of either a Mayhem/Turmoil pair or Flashback. We always love to see community highlights from these events and can't wait to see what shenanigans you get up to!

We are currently planning to announce our 3.7.0 expansion between the 17th and 24th of May although we will give you a firmer indication of the timing as we get closer to the announcement. We'll go into more detail about its exact contents when we announce it, but can confirm that there is a significant balance focus on Melee and a League of a simpler scope than the last few. Our internal playtest version of the new league is much further along than leagues normally are at this point in the development cycle. We're hoping it'll be a new fan-favourite.

The current end date for the Synthesis League on PC is Tuesday June 4th at 10am NZDT. This may change as we get closer to it but we will let you know. Synthesis will end on console when the 3.7.0 league is launched.

We are also considering ending Synthesis on PC when the 3.7.0 expansion launches so that people can continue to play right up until launch if they so wish. We are very keen to see how the community feels about this before we go about changing it. Let us know your thoughts! Related to this, we are interested in feedback on whether players would prefer that we have leagues run up until when the next one starts on PC, rather than ending a few days beforehand.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2484587

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gave it another try with the recent overhaul. Most leagues I am actively invested and engaged in but boy does it feel like Synthesis has no end in sight.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    A melee rework/balance combined with a more streamlined league.

All hail our lord and saviour, 3.7!