Its pretty funny how when D4 was announced no one felt like they needed to mention PoE at all, but the PoE sub was super insecure about it... and now that this trailer goes up boy do people feel like they need to keep making jabs at blizzard.

I'm over here just glad I'm a person capable of enjoying more than 1 game, since lord knows I'll be playing both at some point. This will likely launch significantly earlier as well meaning blizzard will have time to see what GGG is doing and step up. Competition is SUCH a good thing for us the consumer, GGG has been getting away with so much shit I'm glad that they're about to have some healthy competition back in the mix.

Does anyone know if they mentioned anything about slowing down combat? The new animations and models look great, especially some of those monsters they look fantastic. But if its the exact same gameplay where I just zoom zoom around and 1 tap everything it'll be a lot of wasted effort imo. Knowing what they're doing in regards to all that is probably more important than anything else.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Does anyone know if they mentioned anything about slowing down combat? The new animations and models look great, especially some of those monsters they look fantastic. But if its the exact same gameplay where I just zoom zoom around and 1 tap everything it'll be a lot of wasted effort imo. Knowing what they're doing in regards to all that is probably more important than anything else.
    Gonna go out on a limb...with the ability to 6 link every skill you use, I imagine combat has been accelerated to nuclear levels of speed at end game.
    BAD WOLF

Man, I didn't think anyone could talk that fast

Seems cool. It's a ways off so I'm sure plenty will change, but neat that they're functionally bolting on the expansion content without fully replacing the OG stuff. Some of the new physic-based rendering etc. look rad, same for the improved animations.

Just please don't run like hot-garbage and please be fixing a lot of the jank in the existing client for this expansion, pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... Shit.

PoE2 looks freakin amazing. New Classes, New Ascendacies, AMAZING new socket system, and freakin werewolf skill. Sign me the fuck up!

Also, if there isn't an ascendency based around Shapeshifting, i'll be very upset.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well.... Shit.

PoE2 looks freakin amazing. New Classes, New Ascendacies, AMAZING new socket system, and freakin werewolf skill. Sign me the fuck up!

Also, if there isn't an ascendency based around Shapeshifting, i'll be very upset.
    The Ranger one was

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Well.... Shit.

Some other nodes unlock a special shapeshift form, etc.

The biggest issue is the release date. Over a year away and they've been talking about 4.0 for a while.

Why are they redoing the campaign again? What a MASSIVE waste of resources. The story in the game is terrible and people play for the gameplay, not the lore. Gameplay should always be the priority. 4.0 would've been out way sooner if they didn't waste time making another 7 act story in a game people try and blow through as quickly as possible and skip the dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The biggest issue is the release date. Over a year away and they've been talking about 4.0 for a while.

Why are they redoing the campaign again? What a MASSIVE waste of resources. The story in the game is terrible and people play for the gameplay, not the lore. Gameplay should always be the priority. 4.0 would've been out way sooner if they didn't waste time making another 7 act story in a game people try and blow through as quickly as possible and skip the dialogue.
    It's not a waste, it's 7 acts of brand new content. You can pick the campaign you play. The new one unlocks the new ascendancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It's not a waste, it's 7 acts of brand new content. You can pick the campaign you play. The new one unlocks the new ascendancies.
    But korijenkins doesn't like the acts so therefore they shouldn't have them!

I actually still have fun going through the acts honestly and am looking forward to new ones

I mostly play the story part. This is good for me. I also like PoE story.

I like starting new characters and building them, sometimes on my own and sometimes looking at some builds. Then when I get to mapping part, I usually dont progress too far. This might be since, I prefer SSF. Never really got into the trading thing. Even, if I did start trading and get some OP gear, I might not really play that character much. As I level one character, I find items and gems along the way that arent really fit for my current character. It makes me feel I want to play character that uses those skills. This means, I start to lose interest to my characters long before I reach story end and start thinking of my next character. Usually I only finish the storyline and do a few maps because I feel like "i played this far, I might as well finish this".

Any extra story is the content I play. Maps and end game, I really dont see those. People talk about those hard bosses, builds that work for those, ect. Thats not content I have ever done. I'm not interested.

So I give thumbs up for more story.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I mostly play the story part. This is good for me. I also like PoE story.

I like starting new characters and building them, sometimes on my own and sometimes looking at some builds. Then when I get to mapping part, I usually dont progress too far. This might be since, I prefer SSF. Never really got into the trading thing. Even, if I did start trading and get some OP gear, I might not really play that character much. As I level one character, I find items and gems along the way that arent really fit for my current character. It makes me feel I want to play character that uses those skills. This means, I start to lose interest to my characters long before I reach story end and start thinking of my next character. Usually I only finish the storyline and do a few maps because I feel like "i played this far, I might as well finish this".

Any extra story is the content I play. Maps and end game, I really dont see those. People talk about those hard bosses, builds that work for those, ect. Thats not content I have ever done. I'm not interested.

So I give thumbs up for more story.
    Honestly I do trade and do some minor mapping, but it's kind of /yawn to me so I just usually start a new character

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb...with the ability to 6 link every skill you use, I imagine combat has been accelerated to nuclear levels of speed at end game.
    You're assuming that they would keep the entire game balanced the exact same way while giving players more power. I'm not really sure why you'd think that though.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

The previous campaign is incredibly dated and doing them no favors. The majority of people don't make it past the first couple acts, why wouldn't they make a new campaign?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You're assuming that they would keep the entire game balanced the exact same way while giving players more power. I'm not really sure why you'd think that though.
    No, but when the game got crazy enough with only X number of combinations, balancing X^10 combinations is going to be incredibly difficult. Logically, one could expect this means zerg gameplay will be a more normalized occurrence than anything else.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seems cool. It's a ways off so I'm sure plenty will change, but neat that they're functionally bolting on the expansion content without fully replacing the OG stuff. Some of the new physic-based rendering etc. look rad, same for the improved animations.

Just please don't run like hot-garbage and please be fixing a lot of the jank in the existing client for this expansion, pls.
    Yeh their client/servers are pretty bad. Sometimes there's just really frequent disconnects or lag. It's a good game but that part really frustrates me.

Diablo 4 DoA

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Diablo 4 DoA
    Yeah because there can only be one ARPG running at a time. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    Diablo 4 DoA
    You ever try to do a D3 and PoE season at the same time?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    the new skill gem system looks nice. not a fan of the more zoomed out camera, will have to get used to that.

meh, nothing really blew me away with these announcements.
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-11-16 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    You ever try to do a D3 and PoE season at the same time?
    why should i? d3 is dogshit