10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its incredibly limiting to the games design and undermines all sorts of systems. I don't know that they can really move too far away from it though without alienating the people who like the game for what it is now. Is what it is.
    Easy. Leave PoE as the Gotta Go Fast game, make content that revolves around clearing at top speed, and efficiency.

Then, make PoE2 a slower game, with more focus on durability and mechanics.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Easy. Leave PoE as the Gotta Go Fast game, make content that revolves around clearing at top speed, and efficiency.

Then, make PoE2 a slower game, with more focus on durability and mechanics.
    PoE 2 is the same game with a different campaign while having a shared endgame. That wouldn't work.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

PoE 2 is the same game with a different campaign while having a shared endgame. That wouldn't work.
    It does make a difference, since you can completely throw out a lot of the power creep that is currently in the game, either by rebalancing a lot of things or simply removing stuff. Just look at how PoE evolved over the years by adding a shitton of items, skillgems and other things like overall balancing which made the game what it is today.

They can definitely slow the game down and having a clean slate when it comes down to that.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    It does make a difference, since you can completely throw out a lot of the power creep that is currently in the game, either by rebalancing a lot of things or simply removing stuff. Just look at how PoE evolved over the years by adding a shitton of items, skillgems and other things like overall balancing which made the game what it is today.

They can definitely slow the game down and having a clean slate when it comes down to that.
    Exactly. One of the reasons to make PoE2 that was given was exactly the possibility to start over with the power creep and make things better. They know there's a risk of making players feel less powerful because the whole game goes slower, but the acknowledge that lightspeed clearing and insane damage trivializes a lot of the things they spend a lot of time and effort to design, just to see them oneshotted.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think you understand what he means when he says they are the 'same game'... They are literally the same game. As in people playing 'PoE1' will be in parties with/trading with people playing 'PoE2' in the endgame.

If they destroyed the speed meta for PoE2, it would kill all of the new content before it even arrives, why would anyone choose to play at a deliberately drastically reduced rate when they will have to participate in the same economy based on the speed meta?

There is no "clean slate", its all one game...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Exactly. One of the reasons to make PoE2 that was given was exactly the possibility to start over with the power creep and make things better. They know there's a risk of making players feel less powerful because the whole game goes slower, but the acknowledge that lightspeed clearing and insane damage trivializes a lot of the things they spend a lot of time and effort to design, just to see them oneshotted.
    I'm not sure where the disconnect is here, PoE 1 and PoE 2 are a single game, its not a separate game. They're just different starting points to the same end game, and they share basically everything outside of the campaign you play through to get to maps. Its like picking a different starting zone during a WoW xpac, you're still playing through the same systems with the same balance to reach the same end game. You can play / trade with people who started in either campaign and will unlock the new ascendancies for the old campaign once you've worked through the new one.

If they overhaul balance and treat it as a clean slate they'd have to completely overhaul PoE 1, because again they are not separate games. They can't treat them differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah fuck, I forgot they share the same endgame... That kills that plan, then!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Ah fuck, I forgot they share the same endgame... That kills that plan, then!
    Yeah its one of those things.. like I frequently see people complain about the state of melee in the game but due to how combat is paced proper melee really can't exist. When you can trivially 1tap entire screens with any build melee isn't really a thing.

Personally I think its just unrealistic to expect the game to change that much, people like it for what it is and imo its not worth risking alienating all those players to appease players who prefer something the game isn't (even if I'm one of those). I'm gonna be looking to other games to scratch those itches, hopefully D4 does a better job of fulfilling that slower paced more deliberate combat that diablo tended to be good at in the past.

Just played this last season a bit and with the power creep its practically like playing PoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just played this last season a bit and with the power creep its practically like playing PoE.
    Yeah, I went back to try my old faithful Thorsader, and he's insane now. Even in terrible gear, after not playing for over a year, I cleared a Grift that was about 10 higher than my previous record, with a couple of minutes to spare. The speed is THROUGH the roof.

As for PoE. You raise an interesting point. You say that there's no point playing melee, when ranged builds can clear the room in 1 click...

What if the leaned into that? There are no ACTUAL time limits on bosses, etc. They only limits are your retries on maps. So what if they left the ranged/AoE focus as is, but found a way to buff melee builds somehow, to lean into the more deliberate, slower gameplay?

It would be tricky, to find a way to do that without leaving it up for exploitation from speed clear builds... But it's possible.

As for PoE. You raise an interesting point. You say that there's no point playing melee, when ranged builds can clear the room in 1 click...
    You misunderstand, I'm saying melee doesn't really exist in PoE.

Legion was the melee league where all the reworks happened for instance, and the main skill used was cyclone with an aoe radius so large that it covered the majority of our screens effectively making it a ranged skill.

All melee skills will 1tap entire screens no different than ranged skills by either having a massive aoe radius, chaining across the screen, or proccing a ranged projectile. What one would traditionally think of when one says melee doesn't really exist, because everything you do still screen clears.

They'd need to make staying power valuable for melee to actually want to... be melee. Which is not realistically something they could do with the state of the game.

technically Reave was the screen clearing skill long before ancestral call and cyclone 2.0
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I downloaded today a game to introduce myself to the isometric RPG genre.
    My first isometric RPG ive ever played is...MU Legend

Im getting addicted to it...maybe the next step is going into Path of Exile...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-11-28 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Integrating Blight into Core Path of Exile

Blight was a slightly divisive league, but not nearly as much as Synthesis or Bestiary, which were consequently not integrated into the core game in the form they were initially released in. After a lot of internal discussion, we have decided to integrate Blight into the core game on PC with the release of 3.9.0. For now, Blight won't be added to Core Path of Exile on console platforms due to some performance problems we need to solve. Our plan is to fix these problems and to integrate it.

Blight will not be present during the main storyline campaign. Once you reach Maps, Blight encounters will spawn in 10% of map areas you enter. Every encounter will drop at least one Oil or Blighted Map. The chance of Blighted Maps dropping has been significantly increased compared to their previous drop rate.

Despite the fact that Blight encounters now guarantee an Oil or Blighted Map drop, Oils are inherently going to be more rare than they were before because you're encountering Blight content less often.

Some feedback from players was that Blight encounters became too easy in very high level areas. Our work on endgame difficulty in Conquerors of the Atlas has certainly affected Blight also, so you should see an appropriate level of difficulty for the rewards granted at high levels.

Once you get a chance to play Conquerors of the Atlas, let us know feedback about Blight's integration and whether there's anything else you feel we should address. Thanks as always!
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2683094

I just hope it won't be as neutered in drops as legion was, not only legion is 10% chance to appear but nowadays barely drops anything... The timeless jewels jumped 20-30x in price easily due to how few splinters legions dropped and how rare it was to get the end battle, and get a jewel drop. So oils could look similar... I can forever forget any golden / silver oil nodes for my future builds.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is here, PoE 1 and PoE 2 are a single game, its not a separate game. They're just different starting points to the same end game, and they share basically everything outside of the campaign you play through to get to maps. Its like picking a different starting zone during a WoW xpac, you're still playing through the same systems with the same balance to reach the same end game. You can play / trade with people who started in either campaign and will unlock the new ascendancies for the old campaign once you've worked through the new one.

If they overhaul balance and treat it as a clean slate they'd have to completely overhaul PoE 1, because again they are not separate games. They can't treat them differently.
    Doesn't matter if it's a single game - it's the chance for the for said overhaul. I don't know if it's one of the goals or not, but given the new systems they have the chance for better "calibration".

It's all about balancing how the various multipliers stack. I don't expect people not to aim to SANIC builds, but if the game structure doesn't promote speed as much, the whole thing will slow down.

It's however something baked into the game genre - faster clear means more efficient farming and more chances at good loot, which is ultimately the goal of every player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I just hope it won't be as neutered in drops as legion was, not only legion is 10% chance to appear but nowadays barely drops anything... The timeless jewels jumped 20-30x in price easily due to how few splinters legions dropped and how rare it was to get the end battle, and get a jewel drop. So oils could look similar... I can forever forget any golden / silver oil nodes for my future builds.
    One of the reason that kills long term playing for me. Anything new they put in the game just gets so rare and unfarmable on standard. Add to the mix that they change everytime the tree with fixes and such, this just kills any interest to keep playing a character after leagues.

I'm fine with things being more rare after the league ends. However, if you decide to keep mechanics in the standard game (which includes new leagues), they should make them playable at least. I see this more as "we want to cut extreme power creep so we're going to make next to impossible to reach this new power plateau, while you can farm for a new/different power plateau".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

You can definitely make the "same game" but at the same time slow it down by quite a bit. Will powercreep come into play? For sure. The thing in current PoE is the powercreep is pretty much there from the start, while you can definitely slow that down (and as it looks like from gameplay, it is slowed down QUITE a bit).

Powercreep is still one of the "main core systems" in any ARPG. The question is how MUCH powercreep do you want in the game by introducing certain mechanics/items to increase the power of the player. And who knows, we might see some mechanics dropping out for various reasons and new ones introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Be prepared to have heavily inflated prices on a lot of the oils, simply because it is either an oil or a map.

On another note: I disagree with the statement of "blight encounters became too easy in higher level areas". Obviously its going to be easy if we look at what was meta the whole league. We literally had a summoner meta that could go AFK for 2 minutes until an encounter was over, because of it's extreme power.
    If anything, GGG needs to look at a lot of different factors here instead of just going by the people that played super good builds for blight encounters, for every good build that dealt with blight easily there were 20 others that struggled with it.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Be prepared to have heavily inflated prices on a lot of the oils, simply because it is either an oil or a map.
    Yep and 99% of them will be clear, amber or sepia... Nope I don't have any illusion golden oil enchants will be possible unless you are ready to spend 30-50ex on one.

So i have planning on starting again for the new Metamorpth league the 13th dec but havent been playing since beastiery league. Any good build guide out there allready or anyone you could recommend that still works in the new season?? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    So i have planning on starting again for the new Metamorpth league the 13th dec but havent been playing since beastiery league. Any good build guide out there allready or anyone you could recommend that still works in the new season?? Thanks.
    As always with a new league the advise is to wait. After the patchnotes are out the 'PoE personalities' will come out with starter builds. Some of which resolve around whatever is new/buffed for the league.

(this will be around a day before the new league starts)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    As always with a new league the advise is to wait. After the patchnotes are out the 'PoE personalities' will come out with starter builds. Some of which resolve around whatever is new/buffed for the league.

(this will be around a day before the new league starts)
    Thank you sir... i will do that. for now im following liftningnerdbro