Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    For instance, finding cities in Delve can provide A LOT of maps.
    Delved a fair amount, but using another character for that. My luck has generally been garbage though. Usually when I'd get a map node I'd get a few white maps, if anything : /

Adding Legion influence can net you map chests.
    Don't have a ton of legion scarabs, but I do periodically run them when I can.

Choosing the extra Maps from Metamorphs. Etc.
    Unless there's a currency option for that organ, I go with this every single time (and even when there's a white/blue currency organ). As above, sadly it's more often disappointing than it is rewarding : /

I may just bite the bullet and fuck around with sextants more often. It's just such a bloody pain to do nowadays given how the new atlas and existing map tabs don't play well at all and require constant region searching : /

For reference, I'm pretty much done with the league, 36/40, blah blah. If you need some maps (I think I'm 6 off regular completion, don't know Awakener bonus atm), @Vivifurry and I can try to hook you up.
    Appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for a fix that will actually let me sustain maps myself. Never been a problem in previous leagues : /

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is my first char, ever, to get all of the first three Labs done, in two or less attempts.

I'm starting to really rather love Ground Slam. Even if Vaal GS refuses to drop...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Found myself my first Aul, and I still have a Kurgal waiting to be done. Might actually end up making a Precursor's Emblem this league. Shame it won't be a Frenzy one, but still, very pleased.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

And sold my mirror card for a cool 24ex. This is officially the richest I've ever been by far.

Bought my vulnerability facebreakers with decent % (750ish), but for the life of me can't get them to behave and 2r/2b so I can toss in blood and sand (need the slow), cwdt, storm shield (free block, why not!), and I want to try out arc for the shocked effect on bosses. Using phaswalk right now and it's not bad, but I don't get a huge benefit off it.

Even got my brother his level 4 empower because I'm a nice guy.

Also, still hating maps. T11 metamorph with full bar, "enemy will drop maps" unique item (yay!), "enemy will map drop fragments" magic item (less yay but still yay). Drops two t3 corrupted rares on a fully awakened atlas.

wooooooooooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And sold my mirror card for a cool 24ex. This is officially the richest I've ever been by far.

Bought my vulnerability facebreakers with decent % (750ish), but for the life of me can't get them to behave and 2r/2b so I can toss in blood and sand (need the slow), cwdt, storm shield (free block, why not!), and I want to try out arc for the shocked effect on bosses. Using phaswalk right now and it's not bad, but I don't get a huge benefit off it.

Even got my brother his level 4 empower because I'm a nice guy.

Also, still hating maps. T11 metamorph with full bar, "enemy will drop maps" unique item (yay!), "enemy will map drop fragments" magic item (less yay but still yay). Drops two t3 corrupted rares on a fully awakened atlas.

wooooooooooooo
    Use jewelers method to color. Facebreaker are a straight strength requirement item if i remember right. So go to your bench, use jewelers to give it two sockets (only 2). Chroma to two blue (should be real easy like less than 30). Use bench to make have 3 sockets, if third socket is red, proceed, if not go back to two sockets and repeat to three. Once you have 2 blue 1 red, you then make it have 4 sockets, if 4th socket rolled red you are done, if not, go back to 3 then 4. Easiest way to get colors on 4 socket pieces.

If you are doing this and still cant color it, you should roll a new account and burn everything on that one cause you got the worst luck i have ever seen.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Use jewelers method to color. Facebreaker are a straight strength requirement item if i remember right. So go to your bench, use jewelers to give it two sockets (only 2). Chroma to two blue (should be real easy like less than 30).
    Facebreaker is actually eva/ES. So it'd probably be best to reduce it to two sockets, make those Red (you can use the "Has at least 2 red sockets" recipe for 25 Chromatics if you don't want to gamble Chromatics), and then add a third socket and if it's blue, keep going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Facebreaker is actually eva/ES. So it'd probably be best to reduce it to two sockets, make those Red (you can use the "Has at least 2 red sockets" for 25 Chromatics if you don't want to gamble Chromatics), and then add a third socket and if it's blue, keep going.
    My bad, didnt have access to wiki and thought they were the str gloves.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Use jewelers method to color. Facebreaker are a straight strength requirement item if i remember right. So go to your bench, use jewelers to give it two sockets (only 2). Chroma to two blue (should be real easy like less than 30). Use bench to make have 3 sockets, if third socket is red, proceed, if not go back to two sockets and repeat to three. Once you have 2 blue 1 red, you then make it have 4 sockets, if 4th socket rolled red you are done, if not, go back to 3 then 4. Easiest way to get colors on 4 socket pieces.

If you are doing this and still cant color it, you should roll a new account and burn everything on that one cause you got the worst luck i have ever seen.
    It's not "hard", it's mostly that because they're corrupted I need tons of vaals to recolor. They're evasion/es, so red is off color. Had plenty of 2/3 red rolls, but never the double blue to go along with it. Had to drop 40c on vaals last night alone for that and still haven't hit it, will probably sell some more cards or trade a few ex for some more vaals.

I did however, learn that you can direct cast vaal arc even while arc is hooked to CWDT which should be fun.

Though, I'm wondering if losing around 30%ish damage off my facebreakers (799% uncorrupted) was worth it for vulnerability. Since facebreaker is "more damage" which is better than the "increased damage" from vulnerability...but that should still be outweighing it as it calculates that "increased" after all all my character calculations...no? I should have probably put this in PoB before buying it but oh well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2752873

New patch coming Friday (NZ time, so maybe like...tonight US time? I don't know)

Looks fantastic, a huge batch of atlas-related QoL improvements.

Seeing this list, and the fact that this was likely the work done over a few weeks, really makes me annoyed at their current content schedule. They really need to update it to give themselves at least a month into the last league of the year before the holidays hit, because we'd likely have had a ton of these changes by then and had a much-improved atlas experience to play over the break.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, played a bit and the changes to the atlas are good so far. Will play around with them more, but finally feeling like we have at least a bit of visual clarity with the atlas, even if there's still a ways to go IMO.

And apparently my reckoning dude can kill AL8 Sirius without dying which is nice (though takes a while since most of my damage is via blocks and I have to avoid a fair number of his attacks), so I might actually hit 94 on this character.

10+ Year Old Account
    And apparently my reckoning dude can kill AL8 Sirius without dying which is nice (though takes a while since most of my damage is via blocks and I have to avoid a fair number of his attacks), so I might actually hit 94 on this character.
    Tried to make a Reckoning build work before, but it didn't pan out. How did you make it work? I'm guessing Gladiator, right?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tried to make a Reckoning build work before, but it didn't pan out. How did you make it work? I'm guessing Gladiator, right?
    Yeah, block-focused gladiator with double counterattack damage. Can't grab the PoBuilding as I'm at work but I'll try to share when I get home. It's largely based off this build with some tweaks - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2622675

Active damage isn't amazing, but plenty fine for solid clear speed. It can take a while to whittle down bosses if they're not attacking, but when reckoning hits/crits it's hilarious because shit just melts (100k bottom end and around 180k top end phys on those hits). Still got some tweaks to make, gonna swap out that phasewalk gem in my gloves for vaal arc so I can get some bonus damage from shock, but it's not a terribly expensive build. Surrender is a few ex, a decent chest is a few ex, most other uniques and rares you can get for a handful of chaos while you're building the set.

Right now around 5.6K hp, 65% base chance to block (hits 79% cap pretty quick), maxed res, boosted fortify, and around 200-250k tooltip dps (so a lot higher in reality) depending on what stance I'm in. Biggest thing is just trying to finish capping my hit, but I haven't had any luck finding a shaper ring with the needed resistances and a proper high tier accuracy roll. That and a level 4 enlighten to free up a bit more mana to pump up precision a few more levels.

Edit: Unrelated, but I need to humblebrag about my luck. Got a Nurse card (didn't even know that existed!) which apparently goes for around an ex and an Awakened Fork off Sirius, one of the less valuable ones but still a few ex or so. I've legitimately found more valuable shit in this league alone than I have in all the years I've played.

Also, GGG needs to let us tell Niko to fuck off. So many missions to do but I've been capped on sulphite for a while -_-
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-01-24 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threw together a poison BV character and having a blast.
    Also managed to get around 10ex and 800c in about 2 days worth of gameplay. Feels good man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, block-focused gladiator with double counterattack damage. Can't grab the PoBuilding as I'm at work but I'll try to share when I get home. It's largely based off this build with some tweaks - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2622675
    That looks a lot of fun. I'm rather enjoying my Jugg right now, but I might play this for the next league... Assuming it doesn't get nerfed.

That looks a lot of fun. I'm rather enjoying my Jugg right now, but I might play this for the next league... Assuming it doesn't get nerfed.
    Probably won't, or at least shouldn't. It's not quite as tanky as some jugg builds (block is rad, but doesn't have the raw mitigation, HP, or any regen since I use vaal pact to bump my leech up to around 2.6k hps) and it's really reliant on block for damage, it's honestly in a pretty good place right now IMO.

If anything, they just need to figure out a way to tone down cyclone and make other melee skills more attractive. It just works too well with too many builds and really kills a lot of potential build diversity (see: cyclone necro's using it to proc offerings a few times a second for a functional 2-3K per offering shield bonus)

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, they just need to figure out a way to tone down cyclone and make other melee skills more attractive. It just works too well with too many builds and really kills a lot of potential build diversity (see: cyclone necro's using it to proc offerings a few times a second for a functional 2-3K per offering shield bonus)
    Yes, for the health of... Basically all melee specs, they need to find a way to make anything that isn't Cyclone more viable. There are some fun skills out there, but they just don't really match up. Sad...

Yes, for the health of... Basically all melee specs, they need to find a way to make anything that isn't Cyclone more viable. There are some fun skills out there, but they just don't really match up. Sad...
    Yeah, I just worry about how. Cyclone benefits from fast attacks and mobility, so it plays well with a ton of builds (CoC Cospri, cast while channeling etc.) in a way that few other abilities can claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just worry about how. Cyclone benefits from fast attacks and mobility, so it plays well with a ton of builds (CoC Cospri, cast while channeling etc.) in a way that few other abilities can claim.
    Yup, and the problem with that, is that it's almost impossible to nerf, without totally fucking the skill. You can't just tweak a few numbers and balance something like that out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got back to playing this league for the first time since before xmas and killed Sirus. Was only level 5 but it feels a lot easier than uber elder. Also I'm struggling to either think up a new build to play because the current meta is not really leaning into my tastes with all the minion and mine shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Was only level 5 but it feels a lot easier than uber elder.
    Now that I'm not so salty, and not playing a garbage character, IMO he's significantly easier than uber elder. Or maybe even elder/shaper normally.

Only a handful of attacks that hit really hard and are largely highly telegraphed. Phase transitions that are largely just a waiting game mixed with some square dancing. Huge HP sponge to increase the number of attacks he makes in the hopes that one kills you.

I know I'm on a tanky character, but even when something connects it rarely does a huge amount of damage (his ground AoE is the only threatening thing and that's not to bad to avoid entirely or jump out of). Watching my brothers cyclone necro is silly because he absolutely melts Sirius, though only at level 6 now as he needs to finish his atlas.

The only "issue" is that without multiple add phases a la elder/shaper, it's probably a lot more difficult for flask-based characters. I seem to get some charges throughout the fight from something, but that's more icing on the cake since I'm not flask-based and generally avoid those builds.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2757540

Necro's: 20-30% representation across all level 70+ leagues.
    Everyone else: Lucky to hit 10%, usually single digit.

Yeah, don't get too attached to your necros for the next league, the nerf hammer is probably gonna drop hard. That's beyond absurd.