Really starting to get my ass kicked, even just on normal mode. It feels like there are not enough good spells that drops for me atm. I even switched plain resist rings out for a boss fight, difficulity is really high if you aint got the best spells (Frost-nova, having to run inn on mobs to AOE starts to hurt now) or gear. Quit impressive that you cant sleep away even on normal mode. Just to bad the servers are lagging abit, and still DC'ing
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I got some really good boots and it rolled back. - shower - fetal position

I feel a machine gun bow build coming for one of my chars

Those in the last few days

Deleted
    Oh my god.

That bow's AS, everything. Give it to me!

Dat twink bowie build!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got to the Vaal overseer and the server crashed :'( why exactly is there not a single Waypoint in the whole of the pyramid?

Or was there one and I just missed it
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Just got to the Vaal overseer and the server crashed :'( why exactly is there not a single Waypoint in the whole of the pyramid?

Or was there one and I just missed it
    I crashed in that zone plenty of times too but I just skipped it after two times, like, I just ran through the mobs till the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I crashed in that zone plenty of times too but I just skipped it after two times, like, I just ran through the mobs till the boss.
    My ranger got to level 23 at the 4th quest in a2 normal, so I was running around in lvl 17-20 areas 1 shotting mobs because of server crashes (I just can't make myself skip all that free xp :<)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I feel a machine gun bow build coming for one of my chars

Those in the last few days
    Heh. Friend of mine used Quill Rain to reach like 16 attacks per second. He made a thread about it on the forums if you wanna check it out. Username: Facelicker.

With his Split Arrow and GMP + my super speed sparks you couldn't even see the mobs in a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Heh. Friend of mine used Quill Rain to reach like 16 attacks per second. He made a thread about it on the forums if you wanna check it out. Username: Facelicker.

With his Split Arrow and GMP + my super speed sparks you couldn't even see the mobs in a map.
    I saw...actually linked the last video he made here about a dozen pages back or so

Hello. I'm not an active poster on this forum but I started playing PoE and this thread really helped me solved a lot of questions I had.
    So, if possible, could anyone with experience review the build I'm planning on doing? I'm probably playing on hardcore mode.
    Main AoE skill I'm thinking about Ice Shot with a combination of Cold Penetration + Chain + Fork + Pierce + Multiple Projectiles (don't know if there is 6-socket gear).
    I saw a CB Kripp's video where he used Lighting Arrow and it worked somehow like D2 Amazon Lighting Fury and that's what I'm trying to do but with cold (don't know which is better, but freezing seems really cool).

(Can't post links yet, so I'm gonna try explain the passive tree). I picked Templar so I could pick Elemental Equilibrium and later on Resolute Technique. My late-game stats (93 points):
    Strenght: 212
    Dexterity: 24 (Don't know how to pick more on the passive tree, Dex is too far from Templar)
    Intelligence: 232
    + Life: 60
    + %Life: 157%
    Life per Second: 1,4%
    Armor: 87%
    Energy Shield: 44%
    Resists: Fire 80%, Lighting 80%, Cold 65%
    + Mana: 36%
    Mana Regen: 40%
    Elemental Damage: 41%
    Cold Damage: 48%
    Elemental Dmg with Weapons: 50% (Ice shot benefits from this, right?)
    Cold Dmg with Weapons: 20%
    Buff Effect Increased: 30%

Ps.: The path is going north-west for the Elemental Equilibrium, then north-east to get the cold damage from witch tree, then south to get Resolute Technique and Marauder's defensive stats, always picking defensive stats nearby.

Any suggestions? Is this build viable late game?

Thanks very much for your attention.

Edit: I can't post link but I can post it w/o the initial part: AAAAAgUBBVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO2hn1TOYoQaTCXgpspT-w4OthN2J48gW-MdgSzAnHwHxRNogAaOKeEkFXkIhpsGYUkqjbp42r60h0UmK21BEVHMtG4k836fIMMfRB_xp5irKFt1p0RLYP3HwIEB 0yzLR9tGY48F1Qige-PyMxX4jKJd-UR2zN2kjjAGlnzrKpyqXzZJ-0ZLrnd8i9qOyDwqBhqHkTnHOfvDtSPZ5spLny4PfxYY8bYUFCMz_ZI
    Last edited by Sylvius-Shadowmoon; 2013-01-29 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I ended up doing, sadly there's no way to cheese around getting to the boss and getting utterly roflstomped :S

I get the feeling you're not supposed to just tank his big laser of doom

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvius-Shadowmoon View Post
    Hello. I'm not an active poster on this forum but I started playing PoE and this thread really helped me solved a lot of questions I had.
    So, if possible, could anyone with experience review the build I'm planning on doing? I'm probably playing on hardcore mode.
    Main AoE skill I'm thinking about Ice Shot with a combination of Cold Penetration + Chain + Fork + Pierce + Multiple Projectiles (don't know if there is 6-socket gear).
    I saw a CB Kripp's video where he used Lighting Arrow and it worked somehow like D2 Amazon Lighting Fury and that's what I'm trying to do but with cold (don't know which is better, but freezing seems really cool).

(Can't post links yet, so I'm gonna try explain the passive tree). I picked Templar so I could pick Elemental Equilibrium and later on Resolute Technique. My late-game stats (93 points):
    Strenght: 212
    Dexterity: 24 (Don't know how to pick more on the passive tree, Dex is too far from Templar)
    Intelligence: 232
    + Life: 60
    + %Life: 157%
    Life per Second: 1,4%
    Armor: 87%
    Energy Shield: 44%
    Resists: Fire 80%, Lighting 80%, Cold 65%
    + Mana: 36%
    Mana Regen: 40%
    Elemental Damage: 41%
    Cold Damage: 48%
    Elemental Dmg with Weapons: 50% (Ice shot benefits from this, right?)
    Cold Dmg with Weapons: 20%
    Buff Effect Increased: 30%

Ps.: The path is going north-west for the Elemental Equilibrium, then north-east to get the cold damage from witch tree, then south to get Resolute Technique and Marauder's defensive stats, always picking defensive stats nearby.

Any suggestions? Is this build viable late game?

Thanks very much for your attention.
    Don't link pierce with fork or chain....they don't work if the projectile pierces

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Someone posted a video about that in here, around page 20 or something, don't remember now but it was so impressive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Don't link pierce with fork or chain....they don't work if the projectile pierces
    Didn't know that... Well, in the end, it makes it easier, I just need a 5-socket then. Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's what I ended up doing, sadly there's no way to cheese around getting to the boss and getting utterly roflstomped :S

I get the feeling you're not supposed to just tank his big laser of doom
    It was actually pretty easy for me, and I did it with a Witch at first, I didn't even dodged the things that were dropping on my head. :3

Zombies + skeletons were tanking everything and I could summon zombies all day since there were extra mobs respawning all day too.

I doubt it will go as smooth with my Ranger though. :s

Deleted
    I thought this was pretty funny

10+ Year Old Account
    It was actually pretty easy for me, and I did it with a Witch at first, I didn't even dodged the things that were dropping on my head. :3

Zombies + skeletons were tanking everything and I could summon zombies all day since there were extra mobs respawning all day too.
    Second time round it was actually very easy as a Duelist , one thing I've learned from my tenure in ARPGs..

When the boss raises his Arm/Mace/robo-tentacle above his head.... RUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I thought this was pretty funny
    http://i.imgur.com/zeWqtSI.jpg
    haha this is so true!

But stay durable on the path fellow adventurers! the path to the overpowered character is long and hard, yet incredibly rewarding at the end!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disconnects are getting a bit annoying now, first i got disconnected on floor 3 of Solaris Temple before finding a waypoint, now I don't even get that far without a disconnect