10+ Year Old Account
    So what can i get for a blessed orb?
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    I just wish the chat was a little easiere to sort trough when you're whispering 1-3 different people ontop off spamming.
    You can disable the global chat aswell as the trade chat.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Okay, starting to get frustrated around level 35 now. I know my build will be stronger later on (Unless a 1 month old youtube video is a lie!), but for now I feel so gut damn bad. POE should be much more like Diablo2. Sure the first 20 levels you can't do anything inn Diablo2, but atleast by level 30+ you've gotten Blizzard/Frozen/Orb, better hammers for paladin and so on.

...Trough it was somewhat fun to do the good old trading Diablo2 style. Bought my self alot of new gems for future end-build, witch can help me out abit while getting to 60 I just wish the chat was a little easiere to sort trough when you're whispering 1-3 different people ontop off spamming. Also on currency, I think if I treet these orbs as runes I get a better understanding off what they are worth, for now I kinda used poeexinfo thingie graph, witch aint all accurate but atleast stops me from being cheated.
    A one month old video is probably out dated and might be broken by now.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Such deepness it will bring to table. Maybe that depth caused me to make mistake.
    God forbid there be consequences to your choices in a game. You get skill refund points in various missions and can pick them up as random drops in the world or trade for them. Its a good idea that you have some idea of what kind of character you want to build before you start or at least and looking two, three, or more steps ahead for where you want your build to go. It takes a little thought...but that's about it...its not splitting the atom or anything.

That's what I am talking about. The difficulty at very first 5 minutes of the game is unnecessary and no logic can explain it. There was something wrong with hit-check maybe that's the reason.
    The starting difficulty is a slight kick in the pants coming from certain other ARPG's but its definitely nothing over the top. You just can't go running into a pack of mobs, stand in one spot, and not use your health potions like you can starting out in other games. I think this is a success for PoE instead of a failure. Too many games out there start you off as a complete badass and that never changes as long as you keep trading up your gear. That's goddamn boring imho. That doesn't feel epic to me, that feels like hand holding bullshit. The fact that you start off pretty shitty and can potentially build yourself into a WMD feels pretty sweet in this game. Also, you don't start the game with 100% chance to hit and gear/talents allow for +accuracy.

You are confusing what is hardcore and what is stupid. I love difficult games but not grief.
    I lack to see the grief or stupidity of the game, but not all games are good fits for all people.

you still couldn't understand what I am saying. Here is some one who understood.
    We both said the same thing. Edge and I are in agreement.

Edge: No, it's just not oriented at players such as yourself who aren't looking for a challenge straight off the bat. That doesn't make it bad, that just means they're after a different market.

Me: Path of Exile is expressly not trying to appeal to a player who can't figure out how to equip their skill gem with out a prompt. It simply is not.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-30 at 11:10 PM.

Servers are down? Just finished something in EvE Online and cant login at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Servers are down? Just finished something in EvE Online and cant login at all.
    Seems like it, and the site is down aswell.

Deleted
    yes, the servers are down. It always happens when US peaks, which is lame :\ us EU guys can't play in the evening!

Deleted
    Can someone help me out here please.
    I am currently rolling a melee dual wield Shadow.

1) Now, I'm not sure why, but someone said if i wanted to go dual wield claws, I should invest in intellect too. Why?
    2) Should I invest in strength or take dexterity over it?
    3) When I want to go dual wield, MUST I use spells or can I survive with pure melee attacks?

Also, is there another option for dual wields other than claws?

Thanks in advance.

Just finished act I, and the challenge of last Boss Merveill was awesome. I never thought dying that often would make me more pumped to own a boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Went down right after I got the golden hand from the Cathedral. Really don't want to have to run that place again.

Deleted
    Server is down?

I just came from a night out dinner and I wanted to play... T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Went down right after I got the golden hand from the Cathedral. Really don't want to have to run that place again.
    Ugh, I hope when you log in again you still have it in your inventory. :/

If not, just skip all the mobs!

10+ Year Old Account
    guess I got off just in time then .

Also... General Gravicius... damn... I got him first time, but my health and mana pots were all out and I had about one hits worth of health left... was tense, but SUPER fun
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing, I did end up skipping about a quarter of the last floor. Slogged through all of the first floor and got tired of killing everything so I just booked it to the end. And, in what is becoming a habit of mine, I rushed into the boss fight and was quickly torn apart. Luckily I remembered the tool tip suggesting that players put down a portal if they're worried about dying, so I was able to get right back to the boss.

Deleted
    Act 3 maps are pretty damn looooong. I've also noticed my eyes get pretty tired and strained when there's lots of flashy aoe abilites in a party. Which makes me not play very long sessions. But maybe that's just me.

(I really need to learn proper punctuation. There's no good flow when I structure/read my sentences. (I just put them wherever I think they should go, and it probably makes it worse)
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-30 at 10:46 PM.

I'm puzzled on how the first area would be hard? It seemed pretty normal for an arpg. It doesn't have the tooltips that big name arpg games but other than that, pretty intuitive I thought.

Only time I died was the first time I fought medicine chest guy, got frozen and killed me while frozen. Haven't died since but I haven't played very far either.

Deleted
    Yeah, putting a portal before the fight is always good if you know you could die.

--

Okay, been wondering this for a while but let's assume my bow has 3-10 fire damage on it and my quiver has 3-10 cold damage. When I attack a mob, does the mob receive both fire and cold damage or not really? I'm asking because I got a few items that give me cold damage, fire damage and lightning damage on hit, and I was thinking of getting the Wrath gem for more lightning damage but I don't know if it's worth or not.

Me and a friend just downloaded the game today to try it out. Not expecting much after D3 disappointed so much. TL2 was better than D3 but did not really catch me. After around 3 hours of playing together, we reached the conclusion: Path of Exile is the best ARPG recently. It feels a lot like D2, and it got a good atmosphere. The talents and spells are varied, and there is not really any lack of them. Graphics, and especially the lighting effects in caves for example is wonderfull. But the best part of the game is the depth. D3 was so dummed down, that it had no depth at all imo. But here, it feels like there is so much depth in the spells/HUGE talent system.
    The small details are also awesome. Like the fact that you can talk to a lot of NPC's and just have them tell you stuff. All the monsters look nice, tho not so original.

Overall: Game is awesome. Must be tried.

I think about some "alt" ranger type after watching two movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB0rXRY7Ilc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIHmIHhkZNc

I really like how lightning arrow work and look
    First vid is probably with blood magic and second obviously CI.

Howewer Im not sure what class should suit best this gameplay. Probably ranger or shadow but Im not sure. Any sugestions? Maybe some builds?

Deleted
    I tried some of it last weekend (maybe 3 hours), will probably continue now that I have a bit more time. It's interesting, it has the D2 feel but on the other hand it's kind of unclear to me whether it's a game that belongs in 2013. But I am not an expert so I will just say that some things (no freaking respec, no official currency, no AH) feel slightly weird for me.

Also I am not really a fan of the way deaths are handled, it puts you back in town and sometimes when you are far progressed somewhere in a deep, multilevel dungeon, the way back takes a looong time. I know it even gives you the loading screen tip to drop a portal when attempting something challenging so you don't lose progress but I usually die by surprise .

Overall it's interesting, definitely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Also I am not really a fan of the way deaths are handled, it puts you back in town and sometimes when you are far progressed somewhere in a deep, multilevel dungeon, the way back takes a looong time. I know it even gives you the loading screen tip to drop a portal when attempting something challenging so you don't lose progress but I usually die by surprise .
    You can always just skip through the mobs, that's what I usually do, even if I don't die lol.