Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    I just beat your 10 man H parse. It's clearly because I gem strength right?
    That's not the point, many have said that rets should go STR before we start to get into heroic T14 gear (or atleast 4set tier) the fact that haste stacking rets match or surpass STR stacking rets atm proves that STR and Haste isn't much different (if any at all) and haste will get MUCH better than STR with gear.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    I might have missed someone else asking this question, but what about Malevolent 2hander? Wouldn't that be BiS until Starshatter normal becomes available? Might even be better than Starshatter LFR?

Deleted
    If you have the elite version then probably. However the weapons have only 1 secondary stat and the non-elite is only ilvl 470 so in that case, no.
    Edit: probably still better than 463s. Not sure though because of only 1 secondary stat!
    Last edited by mmocf5e5951073; 2012-10-17 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    If you have the elite version then probably. However the weapons have only 1 secondary stat and the non-elite is only ilvl 470 so in that case, no.
    Edit: probably still better than 463s. Not sure though because of only 1 secondary stat!
    Wouldn't the weapon damage compensate for that though?

Yes it does more than make up for it, if you can use the PvP weapon do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That's not the point, many have said that rets should go STR before we start to get into heroic T14 gear (or atleast 4set tier) the fact that haste stacking rets match or surpass STR stacking rets atm proves that STR and Haste isn't much different (if any at all) and haste will get MUCH better than STR with gear.
    Not saying that I disagree completely with you guys going for haste (you do have some valid points), but you have to understand that the guys in the top logs now are mainly people who have had a lot of luck with gear or just the usual guys who have the skills to get those ranks. There's also padding going on already. This will of course be the case for a long time now until most of us are close to BiS gear and have had 3-4 kills on each boss in it, but I still wouldn't use logs to justify what stat weights you are going for. The fact that I'm ranking top 20 and even top 10 on most kills in my far from optimized 465-ish gear says a lot regarding this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    But i'm a str stacking ret, and I beat a haste stacking ret. Moral of the story... the insignificant difference in the amount of stats gems provide in pre raid gear means it doesn't really matter what you are doing right now. rng and gear has an infinitely bigger impact at the moment.

But i'm a str stacking ret, and I beat a haste stacking ret. Moral of the story... the insignificant difference in the amount of stats gems provide in pre raid gear means it doesn't really matter what you are doing right now. rng and gear has an infinitely bigger impact at the moment.
    Ten man parsing. HEH.

You might wanna drop that coaster trinket btw.

Also bragging about dps parses while u have a 487 ilvl. Christ I wish I was that lucky 16% haste LOL I could be 22% with your gear.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-17 at 08:44 PM.

Not bragging, only putting the "omg i just ranked #1 on feng also because i gemmed haste" poster in his place.

The coaster is purely for my wowprogress gearscore.

Not bragging, only putting the "omg i just ranked #1 on feng also because i gemmed haste" poster in his place.

No haste is just better.

You put noone in their place because your gear is obscene and u got the best item the BMAH can offer. The amount you could had done with 23% haste vs your laughable 16% is very noticeable.

Also simcraft dps sim for ret has been proven wrong and invalid and should be deleted. I'm coming very close the unscaled fight simulation already. Without 2/4 set or the obscene 21k Heroic sha weapon = Gem. Carbuncle does little for the class too.

Anyone playing live now can easily see 4 set will be a 10% dps gain if not more.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-17 at 09:07 PM.

Not to mention the huge iLV advantage and tricks but ok lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastelol View Post
    Not to mention the huge iLV advantage and tricks but ok lol.
    he got tots? how humiliating.

Is the Chest from Vaults better than the chest from Galleon?? I lose like 600 haste when I switch to the Galleon chest piece and only gain 84 strength, plus I can't really reforge my hit that low with it. Lowest I can get is 2582 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybarry View Post
    Is the Chest from Vaults better than the chest from Galleon?? I lose like 600 haste when I switch to the Galleon chest piece and only gain 84 strength, plus I can't really reforge my hit that low with it. Lowest I can get is 2582 hit.
    yes make galleon chest work if you have too.

is hit still on your cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    yes make galleon chest work if you have too.

is hit still on your cloak?
    Yeah, should I switch that to crit?

Wasted stats are wasted stats. Crit may be balls but if you're really not getting any benefit from the cloak enchant at all...

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 05:59 PM ----------

I'm curious if anyone has been doing any challenge modes and what kind of setup they're finding good for that.
    I'm swearing by Fist of Justice, Sacred Shield and Holy Prism as talents. I'm amazed by going from having mostly useless glyphs in a raid to not having nearly enough glyph slots in these dungeons.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

He has superior ilvl, epic wep, got tricks and he's still amazed that he got rank one in 10man?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    No haste is just better.

You put noone in their place because your gear is obscene and u got the best item the BMAH can offer. The amount you could had done with 23% haste vs your laughable 16% is very noticeable.

Also simcraft dps sim for ret has been proven wrong and invalid and should be deleted. I'm coming very close the unscaled fight simulation already. Without 2/4 set or the obscene 21k Heroic sha weapon = Gem. Carbuncle does little for the class too.

Anyone playing live now can easily see 4 set will be a 10% dps gain if not more.
    Every single boss in MV except Feng and Spirit Kings either has a) multiple targets or b) a damage buff or both. Of course you're going to do more dps than the sim predicts. I also highly doubt you can do 114k dps on any fight in MV that doesn't have obscene damage buffs like Stone Guard heroic or Elegon.

To everyone championing haste gemming over str gemming - the breakpoint from my sims seems to be about 474 ilvl. Either way, gems make a trivial amount of dps difference. Anecdotal log arguments are stupid - the top ranks regardless of being haste/str gems are people who got very lucky with buffs, crits, uptimes, etc. Any of those things has more impact on your dps than your gemming strategy.

Also regarding your comment on his haste change - he can only get 1600 more rating by switching gemming which isn't even close to 7% haste, don't exaggerate. He can drop 800 str to get 1600 haste which is roughly an 1600*1.8-800*3 = 500ish dps gain. You really think that's going to make a huge difference?
    Last edited by Sturmcantor; 2012-10-18 at 01:00 AM.

I hi 474 equipped ilvl today so by the sim master I'm cool! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Every single boss in MV except Feng and Spirit Kings either has a) multiple targets or b) a damage buff or both. Of course you're going to do more dps than the sim predicts. I also highly doubt you can do 114k dps on any fight in MV that doesn't have obscene damage buffs like Stone Guard heroic or Elegon.

To everyone championing haste gemming over str gemming - the breakpoint from my sims seems to be about 474 ilvl. Either way, gems make a trivial amount of dps difference. Anecdotal log arguments are stupid - the top ranks regardless of being haste/str gems are people who got very lucky with buffs, crits, uptimes, etc. Any of those things has more impact on your dps than your gemming strategy.
    You gain nearly .8% haste per gem. How is that trival. No self respecting player would say almost a full % gain per gem is trivial.
    I don't do constant rank #1s repeating in most tiers because I'm lucky with crits. Huntingbear can tell you that and he doesn't even have to check a log.

Breakpoint is 474 btw? I thought it was Heroic gear lvls such as 502? Your advice changes everytime you post. You want the breakpoint that matters? Get a single 18k top end wpn. Go full haste.

I'll be sure to link Garaja 25H when we kill it with a log above 85k with a 6 min kill. AKA worst kill time clipping a wings. Then your "special boss buff" garbage shit can be thrown out the window.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-18 at 12:41 AM.