Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    If whatever spec or class you play can only reach the required dps number 60% of the time then it's broken or you're playing it wrong or with wrong stat priorities, hell if you can't reach a bare minimum 90% of the time then you're bad or doing something wrong. Take siegecrafter belts again, if you can't do them each and every time then you need other people or more people.
    That's my point though, knowing that number has value. If you could tell before even stepping into the fight that these x people can do belts 100% of them time, consider how much potential time you save in progression.

Deleted
    I'm sure it's been asked before, but does anyone have an idea how much of a DPS loss using enchanting over engineering is as a profession?

Quote Originally Posted by paoani View Post
    That's my point though, knowing that number has value. If you could tell before even stepping into the fight that these x people can do belts 100% of them time, consider how much potential time you save in progression.
    Correct, which is why (imo) mastery will always be better than crit (on any level) until something changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zathios View Post
    I'm sure it's been asked before, but does anyone have an idea how much of a DPS loss using enchanting over engineering is as a profession?
    not as noticeable as it was early on in MoP but engineering have other perks that makes it better, I believe the best professions is Engi + Tailoring if you want to cd stack hard for ES or your other attacks. You'll never be able to make out the difference though. I would however take BS over any of the str only professions just for the extra mastery or haste you'll get.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

It's about 1k dps in SoO gear level.
    Engineering, blacksmithing and tailoring add about 3k dps.
    320 strength professions (alchemy, inscription, enchanting, leatherworking) add about 2k.

Deleted
    Thanks guys for the speedy response!
    I'm GM and RL of a guild which runs with master looter, and of course it comes down to myself to DE all of the loot that nobody needs for MS or OS. So for the past two tiers I've been running with enchanting and blacksmithing, as they seem to be fairly solid professions and also pretty decent for making some decent gold as well. I was aware that running with Enchanting was a DPS loss over Engineering but never by exactly how much, but this clears it up brilliantly, thanks very much!
    Just trying to push for those extra few K deeps before we move onto Thok HC, as from what I've heard he's a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Too much math going on here now. I think you guys killed anaxie.
    Baldur's Gate > WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys for the speedy response!
    I'm GM and RL of a guild which runs with master looter, and of course it comes down to myself to DE all of the loot that nobody needs for MS or OS. So for the past two tiers I've been running with enchanting and blacksmithing, as they seem to be fairly solid professions and also pretty decent for making some decent gold as well. I was aware that running with Enchanting was a DPS loss over Engineering but never by exactly how much, but this clears it up brilliantly, thanks very much!
    Just trying to push for those extra few K deeps before we move onto Thok HC, as from what I've heard he's a pain in the ass.
    Killed him first night of progression. just heal to victory.

Rank 2 hc dark shamans. Padding on slimes is fun
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2013-12-30 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    Rank 2 hc dark shamans. Padding on slimes is fun
    Yeh, most fights can be played in a way that gives you a surreal number as opposed to doing tactics :P
    wtb 1 kill of siegecrafter where I'm not on belt...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeh, most fights can be played in a way that gives you a surreal number as opposed to doing tactics :P
    wtb 1 kill of siegecrafter where I'm not on belt...
    You will get all the mines.

Where does a double upgraded (543) timeless isle trinkets stack up against lfr and flex trinkets?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Poor to very poor.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Poor to very poor.
    Now say one has a 510 (2/2 lfr spark) and a 496 darkmist vortex and can't for the life of him get a SoO trinket, I take it it's a huge upgrade over at least that 496 one.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, you always want to prefer static haste than haste on proc.
    Also I'm not sure if losing str for mastery is a dps gain or not for you (vortex for TI trinket).
    Moussaka - Paladin Protection
    Ragedoll -Warrior Protection
    Quote Originally Posted by Velkhan View Post
    Those warriors... blizzard should rename "shout" spells to "cry" they are so good at that.

It would be a strength gain?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86336/darkmist-vortex

--->

http://www.wowhead.com/item=103989/alacrity-of-xuen

Both strength with haste proc, but I see what you're saying about static haste and what not. I guess it can't hurt to get if I'm going to be running around the isle in circles anyways.

Deleted
    Paladin = noobs only

Please refrain from making troll posts. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-12-31 at 11:02 PM.

The reason why haste procs aren't as good for us anymore is because so much of them are wasted, you could intentionally go 10k haste and use a haste trinket and get the full benefit of the 10k haste proc but because the gear available now (even with SoO LFR or Flex) you should be able to get to 17k haste if you gem for it anyways. Once you are at 17k haste and have T16 4set haste drops significantly in value and the benefits of haste stops completely (if you ignore auto attacks) at 21500 rating, that means if you want the full benefit of the haste proc you need to stay around 12k haste which isn't really good. If you're already at 17k haste(ish) then haste proc trinkets aren't going to benefit you much, if you have no other options go with the one that has the best non-proc benefit, in your case the one with most str.

Racials Leak.

Rejoice Hordeadins!

can't get crit damage multiplayer without crit chance!.

Belves prolly be best horde dps 1% Crit vs 2% Crit damage, then the flavor talents more HP / Stun VS AoE silence.

Humans look really good as do Draenei. Strength should be decent without out of control weapon scaling. and draeneis HoT being compressed makes Narru a small buff.

Dwarves are just redic with the magic removal / ect. prolly one of the best tank specs now especially for non Paladins.

Gnomes look like interesting racial combos / Nightelves base movespeed racial. Prolly see alot of Alliance faction changes.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-01-01 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Racials Leak.

Rejoice Hordeadins!

Belves prolly be best horde dps 1% Crit vs 2% Crit damage, then the flavor talents more HP / Stun VS AoE silence.

Humans look really good as do Draenei. Strength should be decent without out of control weapon scaling. and draeneis HoT being compressed makes Narru a small buff.

Dwarves are just redic with the magic removal / ect. prolly one of the best tank specs now especially for non Paladins.

Gnomes look like interesting racial combos / Nightelves base movespeed racial. Prolly see alot of Alliance faction changes.
    Leaks without sources are bullshit. And that reads like an Alliance player's wet dream when it comes to racials balance.

Every single dps racial allaince gets horde has. what is there to be wet about? Balance outside mass orc/troll superiority?

I'm pretty sure for paladins this is our wet dream. Elves and tauren aren't useless now.

Maybe u missed the memo that hit and expertise is removed aka 90% of what allaince racials were. Other then that their moding dogshit useless racials like gnomes. Cuz DKS love that extra mana!. Human spirit and mace/sword spec replaced with 200 rating into 2 highest stats. WHich currently is still less then worgen racial. Pretty balanced if you ask me.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-01-01 at 06:48 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

Racials Leak.

Rejoice Hordeadins!

Where is this information from? I've been waiting with bated breath for some WoD updates. So far im loving the fact that Alliance are getting more decent racials; this way less raiding guilds will feel forced to go horde for better output.

But is it just me or shouldnt there be a mastery racial?
    Last edited by Saferis; 2014-01-01 at 11:55 PM.