You guys have any dps tips for H Durumu for ret paladins?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzai View Post
    Glyph of Mass Exorcism and Double Jeopardy. I stick with Sanctified Wrath because I'm way more comfortable with it.
    I'm in a 25man guild and we tend to have plenty of wall damage, so I don't really need to minmax my wall damage with things like Lights Hammer or Holy Avenger. I focus on boss damage, and use double jeopardy to nuke Crimson Fogs down when I'm in red. I completely ignore the little eyes.

Wall spawns time well with our 2 min CD. I hug the boss and try to get out as much as I can on the walls, but get back to the boss as soon as that isn't efficient. On my last kill I was top damage done to Durumu, fairly high up on Crimson Fogs, but only had like 5mil to ice walls.

I can't post links yet or I would link you to my last log.

Is it worth changing a 522 chest to a 502 tier chest to get the 4pc bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Get the 4set
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Short answer is the same as the long answer. Yes!

so yesterday in raid i used my extra roll on megaera and ji-kun. ji-kun the drop thing came up and i saw a trinket. i got excited...then i saw that it was a tank trinket...then i realized i was in prot specialization.

so still using lfr ji-kun trinket and normal horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkfist View Post
    so yesterday in raid i used my extra roll on megaera and ji-kun. ji-kun the drop thing came up and i saw a trinket. i got excited...then i saw that it was a tank trinket...then i realized i was in prot specialization.

so still using lfr ji-kun trinket and normal horridon.
    Sour...

And when are we gonna see this anaxie stream I have been reading about?

Deleted

Just done it today, we seem very weak on walls , If you go the recommended setup with some locks ,elementals ect you will not have to worry about walls so just stick with AW, have exo glyph for some cleave and nuke hard boss + red adds .

We solo tanked it so if you do the same be ready for hand of protection duty on tank.

You do more dps overall with Holy Avenger and you should do it if your raid needs the aoe, go under durumu and cleave from him or the "right" ice wall***. On progress I did Holy Avenger and beat the other ret who used SW with around 15k dps, I lost slightly on durumu damage done compared to him but our walls were tight so I went that route. Now I'm using SW because our locks and ele shamans are much better geared and walls aren't a problem anymore.

The "right" ice wall is the wall that sticks out to the right when you stand on top of the beam (don't stand in the beam btw, that shit hurts!) just attack the "target" ice wall that's closest to durumu and cleave like a maniac.

You can use wings at pull (there's exactly 2minutes between pull and the first walls to come out, then just use cds when they come up as long as you aren't doing the addphase (which I don't think you will by the timings). On progress I didn't use guardian at pull but at the first ice walls, it adds a lot of damage and again you should do it if your raid doesn't get the walls down in time, I don't do that now though... gear makes bosses a joke... clearing 11hc bosses in 25man in 3.5hrs, oneshotting Dark Animus even though we failed miserably at the golem kill times...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Can we get a new ptr patch already. Need some fresh non tf loot to look at. Hopfully TF and random weapons die with this tier.
    I don't mind the TF; gives some incentive to kill the early bosses for the 15th time, but the BiS randon weapons HAVE TO GO.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I don't mind the TF; gives some incentive to kill the early bosses for the 15th time, but the BiS randon weapons HAVE TO GO.
    yes... yes they do. We would be fine if they just gave us a THIRD weapon not half n half. Nevermind one is on last boss one is on a boss that drops 3 items and it's shit itemized dafuq.

Blizz Interpretation: Players didn't like having weapons drop from trash, so now the only weapon drops from the last boss.

Bloodsoaked Gorehowl.

2500 hit rating.
    1450 crit rating.

blue socket.
    bonus 120 intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Blizz Interpretation: Players didn't like having weapons drop from trash, so now the only weapon drops from the last boss.

Bloodsoaked Gorehowl.

2500 hit rating.
    1450 crit rating.

blue socket.
    bonus 120 intellect.
    We already have one off those, it drops from council. :P

Legendary axe for last questline chance on hit for 8000 hit rating.

please mercy
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Josh/advanced
    #thunderclub
    [22:04:20.636] Josh Templar's Verdict Lei Shen *825815*

You forgot that the only actual stat it'll have will be crit rating and it'll take budget from strength so it'll have like 5k crit rating and 1k strength.

Deleted
    At pull, i am often in a situation 20 seconds after the beginning of my burst :

GoAK : 20 stack
    Wings
    Ji-kun hm : 8 - 9 stack

Is the better time to make an execution sentence (with full wings line-up) or it's more profitable to wait 10 stack Ji kun hm (but without wings on last ticks).

I specify that i also use a macro to make execution sentence with synapse springs.
    Last edited by mmoca677383a5d; 2013-06-08 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belephebe View Post
    At pull, i am often in a situation 20 seconds after the beginning of my burst :

GoAK : 20 stack
    Wings
    Ji-kun hm : 8 - 9 stack

Is the better time to make an execution sentence (with full wings line-up) or it's more profitable to wait 10 stack Ji kun hm (but without wings on last ticks).

I specify that i also use a macro to make execution sentence with synapse springs.
    wings is obviously better than 1 extra stack of feather
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Usually yes, but with the snapshot from our spell power with execution sentences, maybe it's not an evidence.

It's generally rather 2 stack of feather in my case.

And it is not full wings vs one or two more stack of feather hm but rather 2 -4 second of wings (buff with GoAK 20 stack) with a full line-up with ES vs 1 -2 stack of feather hm (buff with GoAK 20 stack and eventually prepot) taking in account for the snapshot from our spell power with ES but by losting 2 -4 second of line-up with wings.
    Last edited by mmoca677383a5d; 2013-06-08 at 04:56 PM.

Yeah. I just hate the randomness of things. It's partly why I'm not very impressed with the "legendary" stuff. After 4 weeks of killing all 6 final bosses in ToT I've amassed a whopping 3 Titan Runestones. While some of my other guildies who have started this part after me are already wearing their cloaks. Then you add in shared loot and TF stuff and it's a whole tier of random luck. I hope they see that this experiment has failed and do not try this again next tier.

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belephebe View Post
    Usually yes, but with the snapshot from our spell power with execution sentences, maybe it's not an evidence.

It's generally rather 2 stack of feather in my case.

And it is not full wings vs one or two more stack of feather hm but rather 2 -4 second of wings (buff with GoAK 20 stack) with a full line-up with ES vs 1 -2 stack of feather hm (buff with GoAK 20 stack and eventually prepot) taking in account for the snapshot from our spell power with ES but by losting 2 -4 second of line-up with wings.
    You kind of answered your own question. It's a snapshot. Therefore you want to cast it when you have the highest possible stats. Wings gives you an extra damage bonus, so it's clear that you want to use your ES while AW is active and you have your highest possible SP. Since it's a snapshot, I don't think it matters if AW is not active for the duration of the ES. So, just use it at the end. It's kind of a challenge, without some way of tracking your AP/SP, but it will definitely give you a good benefit if you can keep track of it. To answer your question specifically, you would want to pop ES on the last second of your AW to snapshot that bonus in with the highest possible Feather charge. Same with other trinkets. Say you have Spark and it procs and then Feather is stacking after that. You would want to pop ES at the last second of Spark so you can get that bonus in with the highest Feather charge possible at the time.

** Unless I'm completely wrong, but I believe this is how it works. If someone else knows better then please let us all know so I can change how I'm doing it also!
    Last edited by Tanyn; 2013-06-08 at 06:34 PM.