Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What races or professions would you like to see playable?

While we all know our current races and professions, what are some you would find interesting to be able to play as at some point in the future?

While I'm sure many would be quick to shout out things such as Centaurs or Dredge, remember that you'd be doing a mass murder on many of these races out in the world (Honestly, who DIDN'T kill a Centaur or Dredge in the Beta?)

For me, I'd find it funny to see Kodan become a playable race, or have an item that cosmetically turns you into one. I mean hey, if karma can buy you a tonic that transforms you into a snow owl, why not a giant armor-clad bear?

For a profession, not too sure if we even need more. But, I would try out a new soldier (or adventurer) profession, a sort of Monk (not from WoW, but more like Final Fantasy Tactics). A melee user that specializes in one-handed weapons and uses spiritual abilities to take down enemies.

So, what new races (cosmetic transforms or actual playable ones) or professions would you like to try out in Guild Wars 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Golemancer!

Kodan and tengu are big ones.

Hyleks so I can be like a Battletoad.

For professions, I would like to see Dervish and the addition of scythes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Golemancer!
    I was thinking about saying something about Golems, but you'd make one and an Asura would pull out a remote controller and start playing your Golem for you.

Deleted
    Asurapunter.

I'd play that to death.

Tengu!

Mursaat, yeah really but I know that won't happen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Asurapunter.

I'd play that to death.
    wack-an-asura

If my name doesn't make it obvious, I've always been a fan of the dark/evil magic-using warrior in heavy armor. Hence why the classes like dark knight/death knight/shadow knight, etc. have appealed to me so much over the years.

With necromancer already in the game however, I suppose a class like this will never come to be, not to mention I don't think any classes of this archetype exist in the lore.

i really hope they make tengu playable

10+ Year Old Account
    Tengu and dervish that class would be awesome, but since its a leather profession i don't see it happening anytime soon, next profession is most likely another soldier type so maybe if they reworked paragon like how they did mesmer then that would be cool.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Would love to play as a Tengu. They're just awesome.

It would also be interesting for me if they reworked the Ritualist and made it different enough from the other classes. I really liked playing as a spirit spammer. Nothing beats having a massive wall of spirits. :P But fitting that playstyle into the more action-based style that GW2 has would be difficult, I think. The class would have to be completely changed.

Dervish seems like it'd be easier to implement. That'd be fun as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tengu and chronomancer.

Chronomancer (one profession that would've come from Utopia) would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post

Dervish seems like it'd be easier to implement.
    They'd have to redo it's lore immensely. The whole class was based around using the power of the human gods. So it'd be weird for any other race. If they do introduce the dervish, it won't be called the dervish.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    They'd have to redo it's lore immensely. The whole class was based around using the power of the human gods. So it'd be weird for any other race. If they do introduce the dervish, it won't be called the dervish.
    There could be members of the other races who devote themselves to the human gods

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about it I'm thinking of a soldier profession that combines both dervish and ritualist as one.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

That's true. I hadn't thought about that. It'd probably still be easier to slap on a different name though and still keep the basic playstyle of the class. It'd still be workable, I think.

Kodan + Dervish style profession.

Or, you know, just change the name and make it a similar basic archetype. Could be a profession that everyone looks at and goes "Oh, so it's like a Dervish." but be called something else. Kind of like the Thief. (Not the same playstyle there obviously, but a similar archetype to the assassin)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    There could be members of the other races who devote themselves to the human gods
    I don't believe the human gods really give two shits about other races. They could, but it remains to be seen. Human gods seem like greek gods... human themselves and huge dicks, except maybe kormir and dwayna.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Kodan + Dervish style profession.

Or, you know, just change the name and make it a similar basic archetype. Could be a profession that everyone looks at and goes "Oh, so it's like a Dervish." but be called something else. Kind of like the Thief. (Not the same playstyle there obviously, but a similar archetype to the assassin)
    That's kind of what I just said... "redo the lore, won't be called dervishes."