Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Garalon Video, Crypt of the Forgotten Kings, Blue Posts, D3 Poll, Weekly Roundup

Entry-Level Melee Wizard Build, ERR37 All In One Calculator, Scheduled Maintenance - July 10th, Blizzard Job, Fan Art, End-Game Poll

Heart of Fear: Garalon
    Tonight we take a look at Garalon, the fourth boss of the Heart of Fear raid.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Heart of Fear
    The Sha of Fear has corrupted the grand empress of the mantid. Her increasingly erratic and paranoid commands have driven the Klaxxi--the keepers of mantid culture--to take aggressive action. Because they are few in number, the Klaxxi are reluctantly willing to accept outside help in destroying the empress and purging their race of the sha's negative influence.

Garalon
    • Furious Swipe - Garalon performs a Furious Swipe to targets in a large cone in front of him, inflicting 800,000 Physical damage. If Garalon fails to hit at least 2 targets with his Furious Swipe, he gains Fury.
      • Fury - Fury increases Garalon's damage dealt by 10% and movement speed by 10% for 30 sec. This effect stacks.
    • Crush - Garalon crushes his foes, inflicting 100,000 Physical damage to all players. Any player within 12 yards receives an additional 800,000 Physical damage as Garalon's body slams down upon them. Garalon's massive bulk also knocks down all players for 2 sec. Garalon crushes foes whenever he detects their presence beneath him. In Normal Difficulty, Garalon also crushes foes when Pheromones passes to a new target. In Heroic Difficulty, Garalon periodically crushes foes.
    • Pheromones - Garalon surrounds a player with powerful pheromones, fixating on the target. Every 2 sec. the Pheromones inflict 20,000 Nature damage and Pungency on the target, then spawn a Pheromone Trail. Pheromones pass to allies in close proximity.
      • Pungency - Exposure to Garalon's Pheromones renders the player extra pungent, increasing Pheromone damage by 10% for 1.25 min. This effect stacks.
      • Pheromone Trail - The Pheromone Trail on the ground inflicts 25,000 Nature damage to players within 4 yards.
    • Garalon's Legs - Players attack Garalon's legs separately from his body.
      • Weak Point - Close proximity to Garalon's leg allows attackers to see weak points, increasing their damage dealt to the leg by 100%.
      • Broken Leg - Breaking one of Garalon's legs damages Garalon for 3% of his maximum health and reduces Garalon's movement speed by 15%. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
      • Mend Leg - Garalon periodically mends one of his broken legs, restoring it to full health.
    • Damaged - In Heroic difficulty, Garalon gains the Damaged effect upon reaching 33% remaining health.
      • Pheromones - While Garalon has the Damaged effect, Garalon ignores the fixate effects of Pheromones.
      • Melee Attack - While Garalon has the Damaged effect, Garalon uses his normal melee attack and gains a dramatic speed increase.

Crypt of the Forgotten Kings Scenario
    Another scenario opened recently for testing, Crypt of the Forgotten Kings!

Category Name Points
    ScenariosFancy Footwork
    Complete the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario without anyone taking damage from a Cloud of Hatred.

ScenariosIt's a Trap!
    Step on a floor trap in the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario.

Beta Class Balance Analysis
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    One slight correction to something we said a while back:
    White attacks are still ‘one roll’ (Miss Dodge Parry Block Glance Crit Hit), and yellow attacks are still ‘two roll’ (Miss Dodge Parry Block, Crit). The only change to that is that Block against players is an additional separate roll now.
    Correction: Block is always a separate roll, not just on players. So white attacks are technically two rolls (Miss Dodge Parry Glance Crit Hit vs. Block NonBlock), and yellow attacks are technically three rolls (Miss Dodge Parry Hit vs. Block NonBlock vs. Crit NonCrit). However, please take care in discussing this, since "two roll" has historically meant that crit is rolled separately, which is NOT the case for white attacks.

From the calculator I'm assuming this [healer pushback] is 70 percent right?
    Yes.

Have you guys done the low level pvp pass that Zarhym mentioned in this thread many months back?
    No, not yet. Good question. We like to make sure the changes we have for level 85-90 feel shippable before we look at things at lower level. Any abilities that stand out are certainly worth mentioning (anywhere in this forum) so we will be on the lookout for them.

Death Knight (Forums)
    Continuing on from this post: is Runic Corruption bugged? Some DKs are noticing that multiple procs of Runic Corruption in a row are leading to the buff getting a full 3 seconds added to it. Take an instance of 3 RC procs in a row with a 2.5 second duration. 3 RC procs in a row should grant 7.5 seconds, but in actuality, is giving us 8.5 seconds (2.5 + 3 + 3). Could this bug possibly explain why Runic Corruption is doing so well for the devs and not the players?
    Yes, that is exactly what is happening and is fixed for the next build. That should account for some of the difference between RC and RE.

Is it intended that Rime proc Howling blast doesn't produce 10 Runic power? Also, using conversion while in frost spec/pres causes the RP generation to go from 20% to 100%.
    Yes. RP generation is associated with spending runes. We’ve fixed the bug with Conversion interacting incorrectly with Frost Presence for the next build.

Shaman (Forums)
    Frankly, I don't see buffing Telluric Currents to be the right approach for Shaman mana regeneration
    The intent of Telluric Currents is free Lightning Bolts, not a healer mana regeneration system.

(The new priest talent, PW: Solace is intended to generate mana, but it is a talent that competes against other mana regeneration / conservation talents. Always remember when looking at healer mana that you have to look at the entire package, including the costs of heals themselves.)

Warrior (Forums)
    Is it intentional that Bloodbath does not proc off Dragon's Roar?
    Yes. We will change the tooltip to clarify that it only affects melee special attacks.

Is there a chance that it could be tied to both Critical Block chance and Shield Barrier potency so Mastery is relevant to both our AM Buttons, like paladins got with their Bastion of Glory talent? (You could also bring back the "Hold the Line" name this way.)
    We think Prot's mastery works. Block chance is still useful since you can't get 100% uptime of Shield Block. Shield Barrier is getting a lot of attention now because it works so well on easier dungeons and older content, but we expect warriors will still be using Shield Block a lot on tougher fights.

In Fury related news, is there any chance that Raging Blow could be looked at? It's still not very powerful or integral to Fury's rotation and only accounts for a small portion of Fury's overall DPS.
    We agree that Raging Blow needs to hit harder. You should be excited about using it whenever it is available.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Content Difficulty and Consumption Speed
    If that would be so, then why is TBC considered the best expansion for raiders, even with TK and Sunwell being so hard as they were? Loads of guilds could not complete SW, heck most guilds did not even raid at that level.
    For the most hardcore raiders, yeah, sure it was fun. For the players that were somewhere behind (either Tier 5 or Tier 6 content, heck, even at Brutallus), things weren't exactly bright. I still remember the many threads we were seeing back then about Kael'thas and Lady Vashj breaking guilds...

Kael'thas, Muru, Kil'Jaeden, those fights were so hard they were massive brick walls, yet people liked it that way. And I bet it is because they gave a good challenge to even the most hardcore raiders. Thats what HM bosses should be, and should stay at -> hard, challenging and rewarding fights.
    I understand this is the reasoning from the perspective of hardcore players, but there're many more players that for whatever reason don't really have the same level of skill. It doesn't take long for those players to go from fun to the frustration of realizing that, at their current skill level, they're facing an impossible challenge.

And the rewards have to more then a green "Herioc" tag for killing a nerfed boss. It has to be mostly the feeling that killing that boss really takes effort and the relieve of killing that boss after your 20th+ try on your own skills and not by a 5% debuff crutch must be whats driving you forward. Being rewarded for killing a weaker boss doesn't feel compelling to a lot of people.
    To many other players, knowing that the boss is now 5% weaker, is compelling because it means they can have an easier time on things that were blocking them and will start progressing on the encounter.

So why is blizzard willing to take the achievement and prestige out of heroics. Trying to act like we're just being greedy for wanting heroics to MEAN something to down is pathetic. (which exactly how this blue is sounding)
    Achievements aren't being removed from heroics, so that argument is rather moot. But if you really think that John Doe cares about what you did in a video game, you should really think again. Of course it means something to you, just don't pretend it means something for everyone, because that's not the case even in-game.

If you really think everyone needs to 'have room to move up or they'll get bored and quit' then screw it. Why have content that's hard at all - lets release 20 raid bosses all with a straight 25% nerf straight away so no one gets their feelings hurt that they can't progress.
    There's a massive difference between having an appropriate challenge, hitting a brick wall, and steamrolling everything. If there's absolutly no challenge on any of the bosses, that would be as boring as hitting a raid full of Heroic Ragnaros for the players that don't have the skill to perform at that level. There're players that, very probably, could take on even harder incarnations of the bosses we've all seen. There're players that need a 5/10% debuff to have an adequate challenge, and there're players as well that even with the 30% debuff still struggle to advance.

And all of them are progressing at their own pace.

But now, all hardcore/semi-hardcore guilds have 8/8 DS HC
    Can you prove that with data?. For some reason it's relatively common to have this perception that, because something is easier than before, everyone is getting it, and it's not true. The cold reality is that there're many raiding guilds that won't even see Spine Heroic before Mists of Pandaria is released (the skill difference between those guilds and the Top 200 in the world is THAT big).

The real funny thing is that if a player couldn't get past a certain hc in TBC he tried harder, joined other groups and got better gear
    I know for many hardcore players, changing groups is not only acceptable, but pretty much mandatory. "If your current guild can't clear this, leave that sorry lot behind and aim for the sky". The reality is that many enjoy raiding with their friends and they'd rather stay there than join a guild that has Madness Heroic on farm status since Day 1, even if they can.

May I just say, I absolutely love the 3-tier system. The idea is quite brilliant indeed- I just think it needs more tweaking and balancing. That is, at what point to how much HCs should be nerfed, exactly HOW easy LFR should be, and which dungeons should be included- time will tell. My personal belief is that if most of the end content dungeons would be available in the 3 tier system, less people would complain about the "lack of content".
    That's a very interesting thought, thanks for sharing it.

Are the Challenge Mode dungeons exactly the same as the Heroic Mode counterparts?
    Although Jito has already responded to this (here), I'll add that Challenge mode is actually tuned harder than Heroic, and in some cases there might be even extra pulls or mechanics that aren't present on Heroic.

I haven't really thought about the jump in the tier gear, e.g from 12 -> 13. Even if the ilevel of the tier is on par with dungeon/rep reward level like I suggested, if the set bonus is more powerful than the previous, then LFR starts to feel more mandatory again. Any ideas on how this could be possibly addressed?
    I think we should accept that guilds pushing for world firsts will do anything in their hands to get an edge. And it doesn't sound fair to punish the rest of the playerbase, preventing them from improving the gear of their characters, just because some guilds might get and edge on their race to world first.

You are basically saying that when confronted with a challenge the player must receive help to push past it.
    Some players do need that help to progress on certain encounters. It's not necessarily a must, but it's true that there're players out there that wouldn't be able to kill a certain boss before the debuff reaches a certain percentage (if you kill a boss just with 5%, then you were pretty close already, by all means).

The part terrifies me. In terms of player satisfaction your keyword is "progression", my keyword is "challenge". Sorry, seems we're worlds apart
    Both of them are the same. Progression brings a new challenge to overcome (unless you're at the end of the road). I'd say many players raid for the challenge and the experience, because they expect to overcome it eventually. That's were the line between progression and challenge might become distorted, as you start going through the different levels of skill our players have.

While to you a boss that is now 20% weaker than it was back then might look as an absolute non-challenge, the truth is that is still challenging for the players that are now progressing on it. So, the "challenge" is still there, and that's why, in that sense, for those players the debuff is almost a "must". If it wasn't for it, they wouldn't have anything else to do after defeating what's available to their own level of skill.

I am well aware that I am a tiny insignificant player compared to the millions playing wow; I am only trying to provide my own feedback which I believe is both my duty and right as a customer, as insignificant as I may be.
    If you can put your thoughts in a clear and concise manner (which you clearly do), then it's not insignificant. We may agree or disagree, but that's it.

How then can you, Draztal, assume that you know that "many other players" see nerfs as compelling because they now have an easier time? That's just an assumption as well isn't it?
    It's as much of an assumption as it is saying that many hardcore raiders find super difficult bosses compelling. I mean, it's just my way of trying to put into words that there's a segment of players that like the fact that, eventually, that boss they can't even think of killing right now, will be weaker enough to consider attempting it, and perhaps, succeeding at overcoming it.

I'd be crazy to not say that there are many hardcore raiders that find compelling fighting bosses that are absolutely insane for a huge majority of players.

You immediately solve all the issues. The people who need the nerfs, can still see the content, but get lower ilevel gear and the hardcores can play without nerfs to get their epeen gear.
    So that those players can artificially feel superior to them? Isn't enough the fact that they defeated the boss without the debuff prove they're already better than them?

I don't understand why this can't be implemented like this? I don't think a player that performs less should get the same rewards as a daily theorycrafting elite player. We don't pay a cleaner the same amount as a surgeon.
    This is a videogame, not a job. So it's pretty hard to relate that example to this environment, honestly.

Even if it was mandatory that you raid T11 content first, then T12 before you can get to T13, a lot of servers would only have one raiding guild running T13 content and wouldn't let anyone without T12 gear in.
    This was happening back on the TBC days (I'll use it since it's been mentioned several times as the ideal "moment" of hardcore raiding). At some point through the BT/Hyjal/SWP cycle, in some realms guilds just started canibalizing each other, as the rest of the players just didn't have the gear, or the progression required to join them. Some guilds broke trying to defeat Brutallus, but I've always wondered how many players trying to enter those guilds, were rejected solely on the gear they had, rather than the actual skill they had, just because they were still playing catch-up to the players that had progressed more than them.

Draztal, don't you think it's a bit of a concern to sort of set the barrier really low in some things, however? I mean, I totally get the whole being accessible (I hate the word though XD) and as you can tell from my raid history I am one of those that come from a 'I used to raid but got tired of the schedules"-people for which LFR is excellent, and to a lesser degree normal mode.

However, I am greatly concerned where we are headed in general with gaming, into what seems like an environment where difficulty is not allowed to exist without a free pass, and learning curves is to be frowned upon. Failure is not an option - more or less. Don't you (and others here) feel that it's bad for both the longevity of the game, the sense of accomplishment that arises from solving things, and just general patience with the few things that should be hard will wane through this encouragement?

No, I don't think there's any concern on setting the barrier too low. I mean, anyone can play basketball, yet I know that the only thing in common I have with Michael Jordan when it comes to basketball skills is that he's also a human being.

Gaming has constantly been evolving, and it'll continue to do so for as long as this industry keeps moving. Difficulty is there, but the industry is probably moving away from punishing the players for things that, in the past, were seen as normal. Heck, back in the days even "casual" games (such as Super Mario) were punishing enough that, if you lost all your lifes (basically, the attempts at finishing the game), you had to start from scratch back in World 1-1.

Now - what can we do for Draztal. Oh yeah lets nerf the height of the hoop and the length of the field to Draztal also can get the above achievements - after all Jordan wont mind - he got them first and had fun doing them.
    The proper equivalent to your comparison would be that, for Jordan's despair, I'd have fun playing with my friends and perhaps even winning local tournaments (thanks to them, not me, certainly). But, anyways, you're comparing the professional aspect of something anyone can do (play basketball) with a videogame. The differences in that regard, are, obviously, too big to even consider it a fair ground.

Anyways, let's leave that example up there, would be a shame if the thread went off-topic now when there're so many interesting posts going around. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Cataclysm Wasn't Entirely Bad After All
    When we were leaving behind The Burning Crusade the general consesus from players in the forums was something like... "This is the worst expansion ever, can't wait for Wrath of the Lich King".

When we were leaving behind Wrath of the Lich King the general consesus from players in the forums was something like... "This is the worst expansion ever, can't wait for Cataclysm".

Now that we'll leave behind Cataclysm the general consesus from players in the forums, once again, is... "This is the worst expansion ever, can't wait for Mists of Pandaria".

Yet, so far, every expansion has added something positive to the game (of course, some players will say TBC was the best, some will say Wrath was the best, and so on).

Both Archeology, Transmogrification and Raid Finder have been some of the best additions in the game. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Please Bring Back Attunements
    However, my guess is that some people probably don't miss the need to do some ridiculously long questchain just to get access to the newest raid, but many might just miss the quests itself. Thus my idea, why not add those quest chains back in, as optional quests, letting them tell the story and/or reason you have to do the stuff in that raid, maybe add in some kind of reward or even a final quest for the final boss... that would be nice (as an example: i really like the black temple access quest chain, the way it is nowadays)
    The Lorewalkers faction should prove very interesting for all those of you that enjoy discovering the lore of Azeroth. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Diablo III End-Game Poll
    Within the last week there has been a great deal of discussion about Diablo III's end-game. Blizzard even agree's that there is a current lacking of a long-term end-game. There have been many different suggestions for an end-game, such as those from Kripp and Athene, as well as Sixen's recent video suggesting the return of Pandemonium Events.

Curse Weekly Roundup
    Scrolls is not far from release, Assassin's Creed 3 gets a brand new trailer, BioWare has confirmed player suspicions, professional gamers get a loft, The Secret World gives Curse a high-five, and new Mists of Pandaria content is always lurking -- All on this weeks Curse Weekly Roundup.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-07-07 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good stuff.

All these Scenarios look pretty awesome so far. I dont see myself getting bored of the expansion post raiding quite as quickly this time around.

Reused model, reused animation

The story of WoW nowadays

Could you have picked a worse freezeframe of her? o.o

In regard to some of the easiness, one thing that's been on my mind lately is achievements. Now, to get it out of the way, I've been playing since the game came out, but I play in a fairly casual raiding guild right now. We only recently beat heroic Madness with the debuff. Anyway, my thought is that achievements are meant to display your prowess, then why are things so convoluted? If I recall, beating Dragon Soul on Raid Finder provides the same achievement as normal mode. I don't know about you, but I can do Raid Finder while contributing little to the actual outcome and learn nothing. This makes the "post your achievement" concept worthless.

Now, if Blizzard plans to keep the debuff concept around, I would really prefer to see them establish a set of achievements to differentiate between people that beat a boss with the debuff and those that didn't. As I mentioned, my guild didn't do this, but it is certainly harder to beat it without the debuff, and I think it would be worthwhile to acknowledge it.

I don't understand why he says only hardcore people enjoyed raiding in TBC, i was far fra hardcore, and i only got to Gruul's lair, and yet i loved raiding back in TBC, because i actually had to show skill to play and do well, and when you killed that boss you worked on for 3 weeks finally was down, it was an awesome feeling

Now when i downed Deathwing, the final boss, which should be hard, my feelings was "meh, was quite easy".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikouka View Post
    In regard to some of the easiness, one thing that's been on my mind lately is achievements. Now, to get it out of the way, I've been playing since the game came out, but I play in a fairly casual raiding guild right now. We only recently beat heroic Madness with the debuff. Anyway, my thought is that achievements are meant to display your prowess, then why are things so convoluted? If I recall, beating Dragon Soul on Raid Finder provides the same achievement as normal mode. I don't know about you, but I can do Raid Finder while contributing little to the actual outcome and learn nothing. This makes the "post your achievement" concept worthless.

Now, if Blizzard plans to keep the debuff concept around, I would really prefer to see them establish a set of achievements to differentiate between people that beat a boss with the debuff and those that didn't. As I mentioned, my guild didn't do this, but it is certainly harder to beat it without the debuff, and I think it would be worthwhile to acknowledge it.
    I would not know but from what can tell in LFR you get Siege of Wyrmrest Temple for killing the first 4 bosses and Fall of Deathwing for downing the last 4 and that's it. Normal you get Destroyer's End with said title at the end, and as you know in Heroic mode you get an achievement for killing each boss and Savior of Azeroth for downing H Madness.

The idea of a set of achievements for using the debuff would be a good idea, it would then make the hard core players feel cool that they did it the hard way set and be different and the others could then strive for that or get the debuff achievements at least they get something from it. And you could go so far as to be able to get both sets of achievements.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I would not know but from what can tell in LFR you get Siege of Wyrmrest Temple for killing the first 4 bosses and Fall of Deathwing for downing the last 4 and that's it. Normal you get Destroyer's End with said title at the end, and as you know in Heroic mode you get an achievement for killing each boss and Savior of Azeroth for downing H Madness.

The last two platforms were hectic though you would have to admit that.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-07-07 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    What is Diablo3 Endgame missing......everything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

Reused models have been around in WoW since vanilla. Deal with it.
    We're whalers on the moon,
    We carry a harpoon,
    But there ain't no whales
    So we tell tall tales
    And sing our whaling tune

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, this again. It seems every damn day a post like this comes up.

So let me dive right in, shall I?

First off, I assume you're referring to Garalon. I can tell you right off the bat he is not a reused model. He is a remodel of the skeleton used for the old bug prince bosses in AQ.

As for the "story of WoW nowadays," let's explore that, shall we? Specifically, that new bosses "reuse" models more so than older bosses. So let's compare some old boss models, shall we? Off the top of my head, and excluding "dressed up character models":

Burning Crusade:
    Gruul's lair: No new boss models/skeletons.
    Magtheridon's lair: Unique boss model. Reused pitlord skeleton.
    Karazhan:
    -Servant's quarters beasts: All reused vanilla models/skins.
    -Attumen: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Maiden of Virtue: Reused vanilla model and skin
    -The curator: Reused model and skin
    -terestian Illhoof: Reused vanilla model and skin
    -Netherspite: reused vanilla model and skin
    -Nightbane: New model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Prince Malchezaar: Reused model and skin.
    Hyjal:
    -Rage Winterchill: Reused vanilla model.
    -Anetheron: Reused Vanilla model.
    -Kaz'rogal: reused vanilla model.
    -Azgalor: Reused model
    -Archimonde: Unique model. Reused skeleton.
    Serpentshrine Caverns:
    -Hydross the unstable: Reused vanilla model
    -The lurker below: reskin of vanilla model
    -Morogrim: Reskin of vanilla model.
    -Lady Vashj: Unique boss model. Reused standard naga skeleton.
    Tempest Keep:
    -Al'ar: Unique boss model. Reused Griffin skeleton.
    -Void Walker: Reskined fel reaver
    -Kael'thas: Unique boss model. Reused blood elf skeleton.
    Zul'aman: All boss models are new, but all skeletons are reused vanilla ones.
    Black Temple:
    -High Warlord Naj'entus: Unique model. Reused standard naga skeleton.
    -Mother Shahraz: unique model. Reused shivvan skeleton.
    -Supremus: Unique model. Reused infernal skeleton.
    -shade of akama: Unique model. Reused tauren skeleton.
    -Teron Gorefiend: Uniqe model. Reused human skeleton.
    -Gurtogg bloodboil: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Reliquary of souls: four Unique model, two unique skeletons
    -Illidan: Unique model, unique skeleton
    Sunwell Plateau:
    -Kalecgos: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton
    -Sarthrovarr: Reused vanilla model
    -Sacrolash+Alythess: Unique models, reused draenei skeleton.
    -felmyst: reskinned vanilla frostwyrm
    -mu'ru: Unique model. Reused naruu skeleton.
    -Entropious: unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Kil'Jaeden: Unique model. Unique skeleton.

Wrath of the Lich King:
    Naxxramas: All reused. (all of which originally used old skeleton to begin with, save for anub'rekhan)
    Obsidian Sanctum:
    -Twilight drakes: New skin. Reused vanilla model
    -Sartharion: Reused vanilla model
    Ulduar:
    -Flame Leviathan: Unique model. Reused skeleton.
    -XT-002 deconstructor: Unique model. Reused skeleton
    -Ignis: Reused model
    -Razorscale: Unique model. Reused skeleton.
    -Iron council: Reused models
    -Kologarn: three unique models, three unique skeleton
    -Auriaya: New skin. Reused vanilla model
    -Freya: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Hodir: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Thorim: Unique model. Reused Vanilla skeleton.
    -Mimiron: Three unique models, two unique skeleton.
    -General Vezzax: Unique model. reused skeleton.
    -Yogg-saron: Unique Model, unique skeleton
    Trial of the Champion:
    -All reused except for Anub'arak: Unique skin, reused vanilla skeleton.
    Icecrown Citadel:
    -Lord Marrowgar: Unique model. Unique skeleton
    -Lady Deathwhisper: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton
    -Rotface+Festergut: Unique model (two unique skins). Reused skeleton.
    -Professor Putricide: Two new models. Two reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Blood prince council: Reused models.
    -Blood Queen Lana'thel: Unique model. Reused blood elf skeleton.
    -Valithria Dreamwalker: Reused vanilla model
    -Sindragosa: Reused model.
    -The Lich King: Unique model, unique skeleton.

Cataclysm:
    -Blackwing Descent:
    -Maloriak: Unique model. Reused Worgen skeleton.
    -Chimaeron: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Atramedes: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Nefarian+Onyxia: Two unique models. Reused vanilla skeleton.

Bastion of Twilight:
    -Halfus Wyrmbreaker: Reused model
    -Valiona+Theralion: 1 New skin. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Ascendant Council: Reused models
    -Cho'gall: Two unique models. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Sinestra: Unique model. Reused skeleton.

Throne of the four winds:
    -Concalve: Three unique skins. Reused skeleton.
    -Al'Akir: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.

Firelands:
    -Shannox: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Lord Ryolith: Two unique models. Reused vanilla skeleton
    -Beth'tilac: new model, reused vanilla skeleton
    -Alysraszor: new model, reused skeleton
    -Baleroc: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton
    -Majordomo Staghelm: Three unique models. Reused skeletons.
    -Ragnaros: Unique model. Unique skeleton

Dragon Soul:
    -Morchock: New skin. Reused model.
    -Yor'Sahj: Reused model
    -Zon'ozz: New skin. Reused model.
    -Ultraxion: Unique model. Reused vanilla skeleton.
    -Warmaster Blackhorn: New model (gariona)
    -Spine of Deathwing: Two unique models. Two unique skeletons.
    -Madness of Deathwing: Nine unique models. Five unique skeletons.

So before you condemn Blizzard of suddenly "reusing" all of their models, look at their track record. This is not something new. What IS new is that people have taken to bitching about it. No one cared back in Burning Crusade when they blatantly reused VANILLA models for bosses.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-07-07 at 08:58 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, can't you put that... woman in a normal pose for once? It's beyond ridiculous.

Ugh, I've got to stop reading the blue posts that deal with Blizzard's 'difficulty of activity' philosophy, it's just so different from my own that I find it infuriating. Guess I will stick to looking at the beta class change posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ludod View Post
    Could you have picked a worse freezeframe of her? o.o
    If you look, every freezeframe (from each time a new vid is posted) is a bad one I'm sure it's quite deliberate.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    Ugh, I've got to stop reading the blue posts that deal with Blizzard's 'difficulty of activity' philosophy, it's just so different from my own that I find it infuriating. Guess I will stick to looking at the beta class change posts.
    I do have a little difficulty understanding the thought process on that. I see it as:

LFR: Casuals
    Normal: Casuals/"friends" guilds
    HC: raiding guilds from good "friends" based guilds up to the hardcore

The raiding guilds will keep at it and slowly gear up their people and progress. I really don't think significant nerfs are needed. With the system they have they have 3 dials they can tweak to keep each player base happy, i'm not sure why they want to focus on keeping he lowest group happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want lvl 99 back!!!

Oh Pico, you are a now running joke with your silly poses... :3

What MMO doesn't reuse/reskin existing content? Its not hard to realize that you can't make unique skeletons for every boss in a game as big as a major MMO, it just takes too much time and other resources.

Still this guy asking questions?
    Uh, anyway, quests in Cata is pretty well make. It just that some raid content got delayed, downgraded into 5-man or even got axed.

Both Archeology, Transmogrification and Raid Finder have been some of the best additions in the game.

Transmog yes, Raid Finder yes. ARCHY? FUCK NO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    If you look, every freezeframe (from each time a new vid is posted) is a bad one I'm sure it's quite deliberate.
    I'm not sure who they are trying to score with, but it's not working for me. If they're trying to be funny, I'm sure there are better ways than displaying the reporter in bad freeze frames. They sometimes look as if they want to hug or kiss the viewer (see http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nce-Blue-Posts), making me believe they do that just to appeal to the male audience (desperate much?).

If Curse wants to be funny, how about displaying that by having witty lines, instead of showing their reporter in sometimes-suggestive poses?
    I understand that they want to do a semi-professional news report about MMO stuff going on. Freeze frames like these remind me of cheap programmes that are supposedly being aired well into the night, out of kids' reach, hurting how much credibility I associate with the reporter. (Edit: Guess others have noticed it too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJgpj-W7NGE)

But who knows, Curse knows their view numbers. Maybe I'm the exception, and it's working extremely well for everyone else, who is just desperately yearning to see this gal in other bad freeze-frames. In that case, keep going where the money is? :3
    Last edited by mmocc24a3db56c; 2012-07-07 at 02:14 PM.