Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Soooo true. I remember reading the old style TBC/WotLK forums and being completely dumbfounded by the utter garbage that was the WoW official forums. I thought nothing could top it..... and then there were the Diablo 3 forums.
    Diablo 3 is a HUGE success.

In fact it is the best selling PC game since WoW.

The rest is a hating troll campaign that started .... 15 minutes before the game launched on metacritic by some few hundred Blizzard haters and their alts with a mutual agenda.

Let'see: what these trolls stated in a chronological order ....

- attacked for having no off line mode (impossible for a trading game on a PC)
    - attacked for the 3 hour launching period and 6 million players not able to enter all at once...
    - attacked for .... PC security on .... Players end
    - attacked for session poofing (that of course never happened)
    - attacked for having a RMAH because frankly D2 was one giant duped cracked ebay idiocy.
    - attacked for putting on the box "internet required" like WoW had for 7 years instead of "ALWAYS internet connection req."
    - attacked for colors or naming on gear. Seriously.
    - attacked because you no longer needed to start ALL over again if you clicked 2 skill buttons wrongly.
    - attacked because it was too easy after 3 days
    - attacked because it was too hard after 3 weeks
    - attacked because it was not a copy of a 12 year old pre mmo kind of game
    - attacked because it copied too much the repeat content of a 12 year old pre mmo kind if game.
    - attacked because some got bored after playing it for 200 hours (sic) in 4 weeks time.
    - attacked because it was ... Not their kind of game.

But mostly it is attacked because it IS yet another Blizzard block buster and some silly people envy its commercial success.

Get over it: diablo 3 is a video game in a video game market and it got 95 % on IGN.

Those who thought it would end cancer: go out and live a life.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-07-12 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Diablo 3 is a HUGE success.

In fact it is the best selling PC game since WoW.
    Does retail success even count when you gave half your copies away for free?

All I got from the rest of your post was...

The rest is a hating troll campaign that started .... 15 minutes before the game launched on metacritic by some few hundred Blizzard haters and their alts with a mutual agenda.

Let'see: what these trolls stated in a chronological order ....

- attacked for having no off line mode (impossible for a trading game on a PC)
    - attacked for the 3 hour launching period and 6 million players not able to enter all at once...
    - attacked for .... PC security on .... Players end
    - attacked for session poofing (that of course never happened)
    - attacked for having a RMAH because frankly D2 was one giant duped cracked ebay idiocy.
    - attacked for putting on the box "internet required" like WoW had for 7 years instead of "ALWAYS internet connection req."
    - attacked for colors or naming on gear. Seriously.
    - attacked because you no longer needed to start ALL over again if you clicked 2 skill buttons wrongly.
    - attacked because it was too easy after 3 days
    - attacked because it was too hard after 3 weeks
    - attacked because it was not a copy of a 12 year old pre mmo kind of game
    - attacked because it copied too much the repeat content of a 12 year old pre mmo kind if game.
    - attacked because some got bored after playing it for 200 hours (sic) in 4 weeks time.
    - attacked because it was ... Not their kind of game.

But mostly it is attacked because it IS yet another Blizzard block buster and some silly people envy its commercial success.
    "Guys, critiques don't matter"

Get over it: diablo 3 is a video game in a video game market and it got 95 % on IGN.

Those who thought it would end cancer: go out and live a life.
    "JK, guys, critiques matter".
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I see it failing as a game cause it was based from nothing more than a business perspective.

Skills, grinding, play time and the most important: drop rates and item design are all designed from the business perspective and the RMAH. The quiet push to get everyone to the RMAH and while you in no way have to use it. Blizzard is doing all they can to entice you. There is a sucker born everyday and many will be temped that simply can't resist the RMAH pull. It's a created game from a thoroughly thought out business perspective.

Everything else fell short to making a good game. The game is a failure in my eyes. To much business got placed into the game to have a good game overall. To many other important thing got limited in place of the RMAH and all that entwines. Blizzard has tried desperately to piggy back off and create what D2 did on its own; that being longevity and item selling.

Once blizzard decided to push D3 as a business venture first and a well like franchise game being somewhere around their last thought, the game would falter.

As a business move however, it was a massive success.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Does retail success even count when you gave half your copies away for free?

All I got from the rest of your post was...

"Guys, critiques don't matter"

"JK, guys, critiques matter".
    Last time I checked only 1.2M people got Diablo 3 "for free" (all what they had to do was pay 1 year of WoW). 1.2M is not 50% of 6.3M (it probably sold way more than 6.3M since this number came from the first week of sales).

it failed because there is no basis for a long-time multiplayer community at all. It's all about tha monayz and a shitty grind. Not up to 2012 standards to put it simple. Comparing it to D2 and saying it is the same so it must be good is the same as stating PCs in 2000 were good back then so they must be good today and Win98 is still fine.
    Because Win98 was shit back then and it was normal and generally accepted because there were no alternatives - so I guess Win98 has to be perfectly fine today as well. And of course everyone stating it could have been improved has no valid opinion

right, guys?

Good for Blizzards bank account does not equal D3 being a good game. Because it is absolutely not.
    Last edited by Heltoray; 2012-07-12 at 10:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a money perspective, it was successful. Certainly can't doubt the success in the sales of 6+ million copies.
    From a fan perspective, it's lukewarm. Out of the 20 people that I know on my friends list that were rabidly playing it for the weeks after launch. Only 2 still are today.
    Of the friends that play together in mutiple games together (about 12 of us), not a single one says that much good, mostly in disappointment. That's an interesting %.

D2 was the loot grind, not the monster grind. D2 was kept alive by fans and mods, D3 hopefully will be kept alive by fans. I have hope that there will be life breathed back into the game, and I dont know that pvp will do it. I certainly didn't care about it in D2.
    Diablo is probably my favorite franchise out there in the gaming world, and what a disappointment it was. So...was it really a success? Not sure.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    No interesting story
    Short game
    Item stats distribution sucks, but the grind that keeps you coming back apparently fixes that
    Repair bills
    This is 2012, one should expect more from a huge game designer like Blizzard
    Surrounded by idiots

Deleted

Diablo 3 - Blog

http://www.manaflask.com/en/article/...dards-slipping

"But let’s go to the next champion of horrible, the Lord of Sin, strategic mastermind and the all-round wholesome guy, Azmodan the “I’m going to tell you everything I know on our first date” aka the most badly written character in any game ever. This general of troops of hell actually, I’m not joking, he actually gives you a step-by-step walkthrough on how to defeat him, what his plans are and what you can do to foil them. If you ever thought killing one of the greater evils is harder than setting up a router, you were wrong."

Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2012-07-12 at 11:08 PM.

It got boring in a week so it failed for me.

Deleted
    can only speak for myself, but its the only computer game I was so disappointed with in the last decade that I actually got a refund.....

Too short, too boring, too obviousy a cheap rushed job (dont care how long it actually took them, it feels rushed), too obviously desinged around promotign the RMAH.
    The "randomly generated content" is not random at all, its at best slightly shuffled.
    Always online requirement and a crappy server infrastructure to support that

Oh and:
    buff, nerf, buff, nerf, buff, nerf...
    And thats just the first week. The amount of abuses that players managed at launch was staggering, and absolutely amazing considering how fucking obvious they were, any half decent QA department should have pick up on within a few hours of getting hold of the game....

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 didn't fail, it just sucked. A lot.

We were promised many, many things by our favorite person ever: Jay Wilson. All of those promises didn't see the light of day.

The servers are absolutely horrible. The General Forums and Tech Forums (and Hardcore Forums) are just blasted with hate about how unreliable their servers are. Of course, the player is pinned with "Its on your end, not ours."

Blizzard seems to not fix anything in their patches- only break something else, again causing another random maintenance. Go figure.

What failed is how Blizzard handled the game after release, all of the false promises and of course... the servers.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still highly addictive (sometimes) and if kept up with, can still hold an avid playerbase. Unfortunately people were looking for another D2, and in this day and age that was just not going to happen.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-07-12 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Diablo 3 didn't fail, it just sucked. A lot.

We were promised many, many things by our favorite person ever: Jay Wilson. All of those promises didn't see the light of day.

The servers are absolutely horrible. The General Forums and Tech Forums (and Hardcore Forums) are just blasted with hate about how unreliable their servers are. Of course, the player is pinned with "Its on your end, not ours."

Blizzard seems to not fix anything in their patches- only break something else, again causing another random maintenance. Go figure.

What failed is how Blizzard handled the game after release, all of the false promises and of course... the servers.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still highly addictive (sometimes) and if kept up with, can still hold an avid playerbase. Unfortunately people were looking for another D2, and in this day and age that was just not going to happen.
    The servers have been a joke since launch, each week something goes down, or players can't log in for one reason or another. Constant patching and maintenance and for what, service is still laggy and choppy, and seriously, wtf is up with the constant rubber-banding. This week has already had 2 separate 8+ hour server downtime, and I am willing to bet we will see more this weekend, even with more then half those total sales # even bothering to log on.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    for $60 and a game in development and being developed by blizzard I was expecting, let`s see...

1) an actual GAME, worthy of an actual games length
    2) a much, much better story
    3) more than 4 acts
    4) more time spent on creating more content rather than spending all of the time adjusting the games difficulties.

there are plenty of single player games out there, and this genre of game shouldn`t be an excuse for the lack of...basically everything. the only reason this game sold the way it did is because of Diablo 2`s reputation.

it selling well doesn`t mean it didn`t fail in countless other ways.

I hate so much, so so much that blizzard ALWAYS tries to make everyone happy. yes, it`s a good thing... but they want to make the terrible players happy, the casual players happy, the hardcore players happy... what ever happened to creating one, pretty difficult game that was long, engaging and entertaining?
    Lets break down what you wanted here and see why your ideas fail.

1. So 100+ hours for most people that played the game isn't an actual game length? What do you expect? 20 years a game time?
    2. The story was never the big thing in Diablo series. It was wayyyyyyy worse in D2.
    3. Again Diablo 2 had 4 acts starting without LOD.
    4. Where have they said they were changing difficulties other than adding inferno which they didn't spend that much time on.

Every game in this genre is basically the same as D3. The gear grind. The item hunt. Killing lots of monsters. Name one game that has more content than Diablo 3.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo III was most likely one of the most fun games to be played until you finish inferno.
    Classes are fun to play, good control over the characters, and the combination of skills is fun to explore.

Yes one of the problems is the weird item stats but we had that in DII right?
    Another problem is that its not re-playable like DII was.
    Lets face it the real issue is that you run through the same places on an on with what changes? cave location? random spawned caves?

Changing the fixed map to randomly generated would add much more value to the game.
    Even if its a short game. Just that would change a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't disappointed, but then, I got it for free for signing up for annual pass (and now I regret that because I'm not playing WoW with no way to cancel, but oh well) and therefore I had no expectations to begin with.

I'm not even done the game on normal at the moment, but I enjoy it so far. It just isn't an outstanding game.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm not even done the game on normal at the moment, but I enjoy it so far. It just isn't an outstanding game.
    Commenting on a game you've barely played?

By the way have you heard Miley Cyrus new album?. Granted I only heard one of the songs..... and only for 5 seconds on my dodgy car radio... in my bad ear that can only pick up low frequencies but yeah..... it just isn't that outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    The product is released the same date for everyone. Reviews only matter if you're buying a previously released game
    Right, but you can have some self control and not instantly rush to make a purchase as soon as it is possible to do so. By doing so you gain insight, based on the reviews, as to weather or not the product is right for you. It's your fault you paid for a game you are disappointed with, not Blizzard's or anyone else's. When/if Diablo 4 is released (or any other future game), perhaps you should wait a week or two before purchasing it.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Deleted
    The game failed for me and that's all that matters to me.

Deleted
    I was expecting a game with good story, fun gameplay and no problems caused by the hideous DRM.

So instead I got game with story worse than mount & blade warband, gameplay worse than the worst console ports imaginable and all the possible problems hideous DRMs can cause and even more problems that I've never seen or heard a DRM cause.

And as an added bonus, the graphics look shit, absolutely horrible (no it's not the damn art style it's just shit), the gear looks all the same, voice acting and dialogue was disgusting, the game was short, randomized maps look all the same.

In fact the game was so bad that the developers told fand to "lower their expectations".
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2012-07-13 at 08:00 AM.

I guess for me the game didn't fail. I had alot of apprehension because I was afraid it would differ too much from the Diablo 2 I loved. I didn't mind the story and it was neat to revisit many of the same places we went in 2. When I looked at the classes...I saw how each one lined up with an old D2 class and was pleased. Random stats on leveling and then high level gear requiring x stat was gone. Great! I hated how before it made you know what stats you'd need at 90 at level 1. The talent system was also great. Instead of being punished for not knowing what you'd need at 90, you were allowed to switch and explore without replaying. I'll admit builds aren't so diverse in inferno...but gear will change that I am sure. Trading in Diablo 2 was pretty awful and I hated making alts to hold this or that...so the auction house is a welcome addition for me.

The one thing that boggles my mind is crafting. In a single player game it would have been great...gambling basically from d2. Gold is too valuable in the AH to waste in that manner. The only other thing that annoys me are the lack of charms. They were punishing if you filled your whole inventory with them, but I remember getting a neat legendary one that gave gold and magic find--maybe it was Geel's? I thought there were a neat way to balance power and convenience.