Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I stopped playing when I hit the wall in act 2 of the highest difficulty. I could plow through act 1 with ease but was getting shite loot then hit act 2 and got oneshot by ranged attacks from mobs offscreen. I Ground act 1 for a few days without a single useable upgrade and blizz's 'answer' was to go to the AH and buy upgrades. Diddnt bother playing much after that

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    I stopped playing when I hit the wall in act 2 of the highest difficulty. I could plow through act 1 with ease but was getting shite loot then hit act 2 and got oneshot by ranged attacks from mobs offscreen. I Ground act 1 for a few days without a single useable upgrade and blizz's 'answer' was to go to the AH and buy upgrades. Diddnt bother playing much after that
    Exactly my experience. They really bunged up the end game. I had no problem grinding for upgrades, but days passed before seeing any upgrades.

It failed because it was more wow than diablo. Cooldowns, enrage, cc and other stuff people dont want in an arpg. Way too many mmo elements, not enough arpg.

Dumbing down the game in 2010 for consoles and changing the engine really hurt the game. 4players? 6 Skills? Streams from a harddrive instead of memory? All catered to the console.

"Look, this weapon has 25 more strength than the weapon i have , WOOOW"

Another design taken from wow.

Overall id say the wow influences were this games biggest problem.

Deleted
    1 Too much hype
    2 WoW players that never heard of diablo but bought simply because it was a blizzard game and then found out they didn't like hack and slash
    3 People that wanted to play D2 with better graphics and then found out D3 is a little diferent therefore it's the worst game in the world
    4 People that want an endgame that lasts them for months and months in a single player game (I don't care if people still play D2, singleplayer games aren't supposed to have endgame and no one complained before)

Overall I liked the game, not the best game ever obviously but I enjoyed it while it lasted.

I didn't make this picture.
    Credit goes to the rightful owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender16 View Post
    I didn't make this picture.
    Credit goes to the rightful owner.
    This picture is silly. Well, maybe not silly, but propaganda-like (capt Obvious reporting).
    Sure, some of the items found in D2 were viable in end-game. But what the creator of this pic conveniently forgets to tell us is that for 1 such item, there were LOADS of uniques and sets that were absolutely shit and thrown away as junk. Yes, Burrito Cannon was an awesome xbow, but who played with stuff like Riphook (post 1.10) or pus spitter? Not many people. And since finding a decent piece rather than getting NM meph dropping you scrolls of town portal and Steelclashes took ages, you either had to trade (which was a horrendous process) or to go with the rares you found. The difference is, the game was tuned to be doable in SP, so you could take a couple friends and just steamroll through Hell. Which is stupid in the first place, but heh.

I won't even go through absurdly OP stuff like high-end runewords, which ended up with duped runes all over the place, the completely imbalanced uniques (hi Windforce) and so on.

D2 was nice, but item system was not part of its niceness.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

That pic is an objective look at why the D2 system is better by FAR.

All your post is "tomana" is subjective nonsense like...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    The difference is, the game was tuned to be doable in SP, so you could take a couple friends and just steamroll through Hell. Which is stupid in the first place, but heh.
    /facepalm
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-04-20 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    All your post is "tomana" is subjective nonsense like...

/facepalm
    That's your rebuttal? '/facepalm'? That's it? Here's my rebuttal: /facepalm. Did I do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    This picture is silly.
    Part of it is silly. It rather praises D2 too much when its items weren't perfect either. Build diversity wasn't really there and stat allocation was the same if one was to be efficient (putting points just for gear req, rest into VIT)

BUT, it hits the nail on the head on how bad D3 itemization is. One of the issues the game has is the fact that near every form of player dmg is CRIT-able, hence putting too much need on CC and CD.

Just look at any "geared" character and you'll notice a very similar pattern: High Main Stat / roughly +1k Vit / +40-50ish Crit Chance + / +400 Crit DMG / +30 AS / +500-700 AR ... you get the idea.

Diablo III didn't fail. I suppose it wasn't a booming success either, though. Definitely not worth $60. Yay for doing Annual Pass.

You people are really fucking dumb. To anyone who isn't an idiot, the issues are really obvious to see.

1.) The itemization is profoundly terrible. Legendaries are as good as rares and rares are utterly pointless. Yellows are pure shit and the RNG is so horrible you'll be grinding for weeks, months even before you find anything remotely high or top tier. One piece, that is. Not even mentioning the horrible stat allocation and lack of creativity in the stats.

2.) The story. It's childish and insulting. Nothing more needs to be said.

3.) There is no build variety. There are 3 or 4 builds per class that are truly viable, that is really it. There are extremely minor variations between 2H WW and DW WW. They bragged about there being thousands of combinations. Well, there aren't thousands of builds. It's hilariously pathetic.

4.) No PvP. Brawling is horrible, anti-accessible, unrewarding, and punishing. Gear and class are the giant factors here. It's so unbalanced it's not worth playing beyond a single visit. The true PvP that was promised has not come and the dev team has utterly and completely failed in this regard. They are shambling failures.

5.) No true endgame. Every ARPG has a grind and collect loot feature, that's not endgame. That's the core of the game. There always needs to be a proper endgame that accompanies a core gameplay feature.

6.) Ladder. Where's the fucking ladder, retards? It's essential to the Diablo franchise. Jay Wilson and the rest of the dev team are colossal retards. Raise a toast to your dumbfuckery instead next time.

7.) Always-online. A horrible addition to the game. What grand moron decided it would be a good idea to have disconnects interfere with Hardcore. You think playing perfectly and then getting DC'd and losing your character is fun? No, dipshit, it's not. And to the geniuses who think dying is the point of hardcore, no it's not you big grand retard. Surviving is.

8.) Oh, and let's not forget the CROWNING FAILURE in the game, the oh-so revered auction house! Whoever planned this out and had full intention to implement it should never work in the industry again.

You're a stain.

If you are complaining about anything else that hasn't already been addressed, you simply are a failure and ARPGs themselves are not for you. Go back and buttfuck each other in Moon Guard, WoW is casualized enough for you.
    Cy@

Infracted: Please refrain from personal attacks and insults
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-21 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    You people are really fucking dumb. To anyone who isn't an idiot, the issues are really obvious to see

[...]Go back and buttfuck each other in Moon Guard, WoW is casualized enough for you.
    Cy@
    Maybe if you insult everyone more, you'll get your point across better.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Maybe if you insult everyone more, you'll get your point across better.
    And this is why I use insults in the first place, because you're retarded and don't know any better. If you had even a basic understand of reading comprehension, you would have known that I began that sentence with an "If". Now, see here, that denotes 2 types of people.

But hey, no use in me sticking around, educating dumbasses. I have better things to do. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    And this is why I use insults in the first place, because you're retarded and don't know any better. If you had even a basic understand of reading comprehension, you would have known that I began that sentence with an "If". Now, see here, that denotes 2 types of people.

But hey, no use in me sticking around, educating dumbasses. I have better things to do. Bye!
    Maybe if you had better reading comprehension, you could discern that I was saying that insulting people doesn't help your case; I don't know about you, but when I see insults thrown around left and right, I stop listening. Not that I should continue writing further, as the language you employ easily shows that you're close-minded and won't entertain anything anyone else has to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be better. I still have fun from time to time doing ubers with my friends tho.

I think what was really lacking was the emotional aspect of the game - playing with suspense and fear using shadows and interactive lighting. We had that in D2, lost it in D3. Makes the game much blander.

Always online, I have no problem with. I like Blizz enough to take no issue with the DRM, and I want to support their games, which I enjoy, by actually buying the game. The AH could have been better designed...not much fun to have to buy gear, but w/e. I still think the most glaring problem was the emotional aspect, which was completely ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game sold 12 or so million copies. It was a success. This isn't an MMO people; there is no subscription to be paid. Blizzard has made their money, therefore, success. They will continue to release patches for it, updates, etc, just like they did D1, D2, and those were mostly single-player offline games (though obviously the multiplayer side of D2 lasted a hell of a long time). Again and again, stop trying to compare the game to an MMO. Millions of people still play D3, and I'd bet down the road, many more may pick it up and give it a try. Just because most of us don't like the game, myself included, doesn't mean the game was a total failure. It may not be the game of choice for you, but it's still going strong, Blizzard made their money, so yes, it was a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    That picture is amusing (gotta love the Barney), but really not very informative. Yes, technically, both sides are correct, but you just can't compare the two. You can't say a system is bad because it's not the one they used before. Give it time, they'll figure it out.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That picture is amusing (gotta love the Barney), but really not very informative. Yes, technically, both sides are correct, but you just can't compare the two. You can't say a system is bad because it's not the one they used before. Give it time, they'll figure it out.
    You're kidding me right ? They've had SO many years to figure it out they fucked up.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    As a money maker for Blizzard it was a huge success but for the 9 million people that no longer play it then it was a huge failure.
    If theres still 2 million ACTIVE playerbase, than thats pretty huge at this genre
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    You're kidding me right ? They've had SO many years to figure it out they fucked up.
    I don't think that they were working on D3 the next day after D2 was finished. And, again, D2 required an expansion and patches to become as successful as it was.