To do list for the PvE focused freshly-dinged level 50?

I got my Sorc up to 50 yesterday. I did some endgame stuff back in January when I dinged my first level 50, but now it is just confusing.

I have little interest in PvP though I did pick up the starter gear from the terminal as is still level 50 gear a vast improvement over the rags I had leveling through the 40's.

I went over to the Supplies mission terminal and picked up all the Ops/Flashpoints quests. I have been taking the advantage of the new group-finder by healing in hard mode flashpoints. Upon successfully completing 4 hard mode flashpoints I took my commendations and a Columni offhand token to the vendors but was confused.

It looks like nowadays there are four tiers of gear: Tion, Columni, Rakata, and Black Hole. I like my orange chest and legs, can the set bonuses from these pieces be transferred to my orange gear? I have a feeling Tion gear isn't worth pursuing as it looks like it gets replaced fast.

Back in January I ran dailies on Ilum and Belsavis for Dailiy Commendations. If I recall correctly the Daily Commendations got me Rakata earpieces and implants. I have yet to do a single daily, as I'll go broke respeccing between DPS and healer every day. I have a couple dozen of these daily commendations from flashpoints, space missions and group finder incentives. Can a healer even solo these daily quests? Are they even worth running now with the Corellia dailies?

It now looks like the best gear in the game is acquired through the Black Hole dailies. If so wouldn't that take a lot of motivation away from Ops?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    ]Campaign gear is the 5th tier. The best gear is still acquired from Ops. Black hole comms can be farmed by doing daily HM dungeons and both weekly story mode ops by queing through the group finder. 5 comms a day per each tier of HM fps x7 days=70 comms + 5 from both SM Ops=80 comms a week total for black hole gear. I may be missing some.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-07-06 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    5 comms a day per each tier of HM fps x7 days=70 comms
    Unless its somehow bugged for me, you only get one reward of 5 comms per day for a HM fp, regardless of tier. The two tiers share a reward cooldown.

Or 35 per week from fp, +10 from two sm ops on two different days. 45 total per week.

It now looks like the best gear in the game is acquired through the Black Hole dailies. If so wouldn't that take a lot of motivation away from Ops?
    Black Hole comms = valor points. A different method for everyone to acquire end game gear. You can get the same (and more/better gear) from running Denova (op).
    Last edited by openair; 2012-07-06 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Unless its somehow bugged for me, you only get one reward of 5 comms per day for a HM fp, regardless of tier. The two tiers share a reward cooldown.

Or 35 per week from fp, +10 from two sm ops on two different days. 45 total per week.

You might be right, I haven't kept track. Both the tier windows in the dungeon finder have seperate "reward available" counters that's why I figured they were seperate. I've generally avoid lost island as it's a bit to challenging for the average pug (although I've had groups one shot it before). As for the best gear again we should be very clear the best gear is Campaign and you can acquire it from Denova. IIrc kephess the last boss in denova has a chance to drop a piece of campaign even on story mode. Otherwise yea it's all hm denova for the best stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 09:51 PM ----------

As a side note has anyone noticed how not very random the random dungeon finder is. Always seem to get esseles, taral V, or D7 for some reason...