Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tiredness causing really problems to my life.

Hey.

For the past 2 years I just can't seem to get enough sleep and I have real problems trying to get to sleep. I find it very easy to fall asleep at 7am but impossible to fall at a reasonable time like 11pm. When I do sleep for over 10 hours I am as tired as I am if normal people have had two. I have tired eyes all the time and it really gives me confidence issues. I mean Im a decent looking guy, a girl wont date me for my looks but she won't not date me because of my looks. Before these past two years I had no problem with the girls but currently im just obsessing over how tired i look and i just can't seem to fix the problem.

FYI;s I wear contact lenses, sometimes overnight for multiple nights when i shouldn't. I drink a lot of water and exercise four days a week.

Any suggestions how to get to sleep quicker and reasons to why i'm feeling tired all the time?

sounds like you got some form of ADD or something, can shut the brain off. I something gets this but its when i stop smoking weed for a bit LOL..

I'm having trouble sleeping too :/ It's just about 7am now for me and i'm only some-what tired. If I try to sleep when i'm not tired I get incredibly sick =/ This is only recently though.

Deleted
    Try to improve sleeping location, go to bed around when you usually fall asleep, stop wearing contact lenses while sleeping, dont eat too soon before going to bed, no cafeine in the evening.

Have you talked to a doctor about it? I know generic answer but they would most likely be able to tell you whats wrong and possibly prescribe something that could help.

This is not the place to get medical advice. You need to get a thorough physical check-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, Dont wear contacts to bed! Worst thing possible for your eyes, You know they can actually slice your eyeball if they move weirdly also painfully red eyes! Passed out at a party with them in once never again!

Deleted
    I just go to bed whenever I have to and pretend I'm some sort of a super hero and have absolutely zero trouble finding enough sleep.

No but honestly, you should really start having a healthy daily cycle. It's just a matter of training and the power of will.

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is.. Do you go to bed at 11pm every night? Because ruining the sleeping schedule can give sleeping problems. If you for example go to bed 3 am one night and the next night you go to bed at 11 pm, it wont help you much. Try to wake up at the same time aswell so your body gets used to it and can adapt to how much sleep you're going to get. And it also depends on the individual how much sleep you need. Some people need 10 hours of sleep to be able to feel good and some people can get away with only 4 hours a night.

The things you can do to improve sleeping is to do like Kazih is saying and you can also try and drink warm milk before going to bed, it helps most people who can't sleep. There are medications aswell if you can afford it, most of the medications you buy from the pharmacy which doesn't require any prescription doesn't help much and I don't think it'll help you since your problem seem to be quite deep. So I'd probably advice you to go to a doctor and see what the problem is. He/she might give a prescription to be able to buy one of those more stronger sleeping pills which most people find helpful. In the end it's your responsibility to keep to your sleeping schedule and let your body heal you. Try to get rid of bad thoughts and uncomfortable things and replace it with happy and more comforting thoughts. Make yourself long to your bed when the evening arrives so you'll get that comforting feeling one usually does get when going to bed.

Good luck!

P.S. I don't know if you know this but wearing contact lenses increases the risks of getting eye infection which can worsen your eye-sight and eventually lead to blindness. So don't sleep with them even if they're for sleeping aswell, unless you want to be blind, but don't

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have a big neck? I have sleep apnea (a disorder where you stop breathing for a couple seconds when you sleep) and if I don't sleep with my cpap on no matter how much sleep I get I wake up tired. An estimated 18 million Americans have it and 1 in 50 people have it and are undiagnosed.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    do you have a big neck? I have sleep apnea (a disorder where you stop breathing for a couple seconds when you sleep) and if I don't sleep with my cpap on no matter how much sleep I get I wake up tired. An estimated 18 million Americans have it and 1 in 50 people have it and are undiagnosed.
    Is this true cause I have a rather large neck...

yep, a circadian rhythm sleep disorder. i suffer from the same thing myself. there are some mostly ineffective treatments you can try, but the sad reality is you are going to have to just try to manage it for the rest of your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_disorder

how's your diet? magnesium deficit maybe? insomnia is a major pain in the ass, i know. but this ain't no place to ask about such stuff. go see a doctor.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    yep, a circadian rhythm sleep disorder. i suffer from the same thing myself. there are some mostly ineffective treatments you can try, but the sad reality is you are going to have to just try to manage it for the rest of your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_disorder
    oh please, you know how many things can cause sleep disorders? could be anything

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Hey.

For the past 2 years I just can't seem to get enough sleep and I have real problems trying to get to sleep. I find it very easy to fall asleep at 7am but impossible to fall at a reasonable time like 11pm. When I do sleep for over 10 hours I am as tired as I am if normal people have had two. I have tired eyes all the time and it really gives me confidence issues. I mean Im a decent looking guy, a girl wont date me for my looks but she won't not date me because of my looks. Before these past two years I had no problem with the girls but currently im just obsessing over how tired i look and i just can't seem to fix the problem.

FYI;s I wear contact lenses, sometimes overnight for multiple nights when i shouldn't. I drink a lot of water and exercise four days a week.

Any suggestions how to get to sleep quicker and reasons to why i'm feeling tired all the time?
    Well, the first thing is the amount you say you sleep. Studies have shown that the more sleep you get over 8 hours, the more tired you are the next day. The optimal amount of time to sleep is between 6 and 8 hours a night. Second, you could suffer from depression. Considering you say that you're obsessed over how tired you look and how it's affecting your life, it could be a vicious cycle. Third, I'd talk to a doctor. If you're always tired, you may be diabetic. Either Type 1 or Type 2. If you're not producing enough insulin, you're not benefiting from your carb intake. That will lead to less energy. Just a few suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    oh please, you know how many things can cause sleep disorders? could be anything
    good job pointing out the obvious, but the symptoms he mentioned point very obviously to a circadian rhythm disorder, and he needs to go see a doctor about it, who can delve into his symptoms more and give him a proper diagnosis.

I used to suffer from insomnia. I did sleep studies for apnea and that wasn't the cause so I was put on sleeping pills. Stay as FAR AWAY as possible from those things. They are horrible. I told my doctors I couldn't relax in bed/stop thinking about random stuff.

one $7,000 tempurpedic and a script for Xanax I've slept like a baby for the last 2 years.

I take .25mg of xanax a night and it does an amazing job.

I would trade my Lethargy and Photophobia for insomnia in a heartbeat. Deal?

Deleted
    Go vegie, eat as many raw foods as you can get. Exercise daily. Drink green smoothies and fruit juices. You energy will be to the roof!

Deleted
    Go to the gym, get a good workout going for 45 mins or so, get smashed, you will love your bed

Mate im the exact same way and i found a way for me at least to fix it. If i wake up and feel 100% rested i will just not fall asleep the next day at a reasonable time.
    6-7 hours sleep is what i aim for so for me i have to force my self out of bed ( normally just roll out on the floor) but once im up for like 5-10 mins im wide awake and fine.

Its a real pain in the ass morning wise, i really love to sleep in but it completely screws me over. As in if i sleep in 1-2 hours it doesn't push my "bed time" 1-2 hours back , more like 5-6.
    Last edited by Exoblade; 2012-07-08 at 12:02 PM.