Looking for a new Graphic card

Hi,

so I'm looking to upgrade my Graphics for my Desktop PC.
    Currently I'm running a HD 5750 which is kinda ok but I cannot play WoW on Ultra at 60FPS constantly.
    I tested the GTX 560 and it wasn't very impressive.
    So what I need is a new one.

250€ Budget - What would you suggest?

cheers

Weischbier

Pool:
    - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6870 153€
    - Sapphire Radeon HD6850 133€
    - VTX3D Radeon HD 7850 X-Edition 199€

- Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti Phantom 2GB GDDR5 233€
    - Gainward GeForce GTX 560 Ti Phantom 1GB GDDR5 199€
    Last edited by Weischbier; 2012-07-07 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    GTX 560 ti or ati 7850.

My recommendations would be the HD7850 or HD7870. They should both be a substantial upgrade over your current 5750, which should be priced at around your budget.

The GTX 660TI is also supposedly coming out by the end of July also, so that's also an alternative if you're willing to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    My recommendations would be the HD7850 or HD7870. They should both be a substantial upgrade over your current 5750, which should be priced at around your budget.

The GTX 660TI is also supposedly coming out by the end of July also, so that's also an alternative if you're willing to wait.
    The 7870 is too expensive. I don't have that extra cash :/
    The 7850 is really worth looking at.

Thanks for your suggestions

Whereabouts in EU are you btw? Do they have a Sapphire non-reference model on the shop that you're looking at?

Also, are you willing to overclock the GPU as well? It's worth mentioning that these new AMD HD7XXX series and NVIDIA GTX 6XX are very OC friendly, letting you get a lot more performance out of them very easily. Personally, I would not go back to the older generation as these latest gen are really good performers, whilst still being able to use less energy due to their more efficiently designed process.

WoW isn't on this GPU comparison list, but here's a rough idea of just how big the difference is between the 5750 and 7850: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/537?vs=549

and here's a 560TI vs HD7850 if you're interested regardless: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=549

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Whereabouts in EU are you btw? Do they have a Sapphire non-reference model on the shop that you're looking at?

Also, are you willing to overclock the GPU as well? It's worth mentioning that these new AMD HD7XXX series and NVIDIA GTX 6XX are very OC friendly, letting you get a lot more performance out of them very easily. Personally, I would not go back to the older generation as these latest gen are really good performers, whilst still being able to use less energy due to their more efficiently designed process.

WoW isn't on this GPU comparison list, but here's a rough idea of just how big the difference is between the 5750 and 7850: link1

and here's a 560TI vs HD7850 if you're interested regardless: link2
    I live in germany.
    560TI vs HD7850 that comparison is interesting.
    The upcoming 6XX series is too expensive for me atm.
    I should mention that my CPU is an AMD X4 955 BE. Maybe this is relevant at the end.
    I'm really bad at making decisions for my computer...
    Atm the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD6870 got my eyes. But as mentioned I'm bad at this^^

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 10:59 PM ----------

What about this one: Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 FleX 2048MB GDDR5 219€

Deleted
    The 6970 is slightly better than a 7850.

For the record:
    I just ordered 2048MB HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X Turbo Aktiv PCIe 2.1 x16 (Retail) for 200€.

cheers

Weischbier