Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Open up a business and recruit only those talented, young individuals that struggle to find work, am in the same position and it just is not fair on them. Would make the business nationwide.

The top priority would be buying out the gold sellers on every realm in WoW, using this gold and my farming friends resources to take control of every economy, and then buy out every even half-reasonably priced auction, only to have all items re-listed for 30X their original cost, with bots running round the clock to ensure very little if anything at all at reasonable prices got through on the auction houses. Thereby forcing the fantasy game into the technological dark ages, where people either pay stupidly high prices, or have to buy and sell in the trade channel/in game player populated markets, which we would infiltrate. All of the information relating to this information would be carefully documented, however I would never have any personal involvement in any of this.

Instead, when my custom stretch Bentley was stuck in heavy traffic, and I was particularly bored, I could ask my personal assistant to check how many people I was responsible for griefing in the last day, and how many posts on the battle.net and MMO-C forums had been made in the last day complaining about the loss of market control in relation to the number of Blizzard employees advising "working as intended". I would then laugh a deep and hearty belly laugh, before going on about my business.

I would spend my 50 mil

on woman, booze and drugs

the rest i would just waste

Buy my mother a house
    Build a recording studio
    Buy a Ferrari
    other stuff.

1 - buy bigger house
    2 - see if I can change my job to part-time
    3 - open a one-person software company
    4 - buy a new car (mine has a big ugly dent) - probably a prius or a volt (I don't like buying gas)
    5 - slowly give money to charity (if OP is going to give 5 mil straight out, I'm sure next year they will come calling hard, and it won't be easy to disappoint them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably reinvest 15-20 million, because 50 million would never satisfy my greedy ass

But I'd put my family in a good house, probably put myself in a nice apartment in NYC.

Then buy Hostess' entire production of Zingers for life...

Deleted
    honestly?
    Bank it, go to work tomorrow.

After a few months to set it up and make it look normal, leave my job.
    Buy a new motorbike, and just leave, travel round with just me, my bike and a tent. no hassles, no destination, just the road and places I've not been before.
    Never ever tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post
    - (Because i had cancer at a young age)
    Glad you're healthy!

- buy a couple of houses all around the world at all my favorite locations
    - give my parents and my sister some % so they don't have to work anymore
    - make a will so that everyone I care about is taken care off after my swift death caused by cocaine abuse
    - fuck whores, use drugs and play video games till I drop

there.

edit: ye, donate some too!

i whould spend every cent of it to create boxing robots like in the real steel movie

I hope I would do this and that I don't turn into a greedy bastard:

-Donate 10-15% to charity
    -Pay off any depths my brothers,sisters-in-laws and parents may have
    -Buy them a house, perhaps even a joint vacation house somewhere in Malaysia/Singapore (not mansions, just comfortable simple nice houses/apartments)
    -Set aside enough money for plain tickets, so that if one of us decide to move abroad we could always visit one another
    -Set aside enough money so my parents can go to Suriname whenever they wanted.
    -Renew broken furniture with bigger better stuff
    -Tell my parents that if they EVER need something they can ask me (If they would actually take my money I'd give it to them, but being the kind souls that they are, they'd probably tell me to share it with my brothers)
    -Share it with my brothers
    -Set aside money to be able to buy a awesome new tech stuff (smartphones, new TV, computers, home automation stuff)
    -Fund some business plans my my family and I may have
    -And probably spend the rest creating my dream house or putting it on a bank encase something happens in the future or for education if I decide to have kids.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Quit school, never work, buy a house that could support ~15 people comfortably, invite my WoW guild there (10man) and some servants and supply everyone with food, drinks, beast computer systems, the fastest internet connection available, all the shizzle. And then game with them.

And then make my room my own personal heaven, filled with anime merchandise (posters, figures, BDs, manga, you name it) and something to watch anime on and browse those sites I may not want to with my guildies.

Yeah, set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    First of all, as much as humanly possible keep it secret! Last thing I, and likely anyone, would want is the public to know that you suddenly own that much money.
    My first thought too.

As for what I'd do? Not much. The only person I would tell was my mother (and make her swear never to tell a soul), so that I could pay off the mortgage. Wouldn't even tell my brother.

Then I'd chuck the rest in the bank, earn a few million dollars a year in interest, and get on with my life. I'd probably donate (anonymously) a good portion of the interest to charities, but to be perfectly honest, that's about all I'd do. I don't need to buy a house or car (yet) and when I do, I wouldn't get anything fancy. It'd be nice to have that sort of financial security, but I have absolutely no intention of having my life revolve around money, and I get the distinct impression that if I was to start spending the money en masse it would ruin me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    A solid gold pirate ship (or gold plated...) filled with hookers.
    this.... this totally mad the day better
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

I would get a friend... Don't know how much does one cost but I would get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I wouldn't change a thing except making life even more comfortable. Knowing i'm set for life, why should i change anything?
    The sad thing that people don't realise is that, quite often in these cases where someone wins a shitload of money, it ruins their life. Family and friends treat them as ATM's, they go on massive spending sprees, turn their lives upside, ruin their relationships and then end up bankrupt within a few years.

Can you imagine a life where you never needed to put in effort, never needed to work, never needed to do anything? It would be fucking terrible. Not changing your life is definitely the best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

Can you imagine a life where you never needed to put in effort, never needed to work, never needed to do anything? It would be fucking terrible. Not changing your life is definitely the best option.
    Sounds like what I dream about every night, after crying myself to sleep due to my miserable life.

Deleted
    -Pay off my family's debts/mortgages
    -Buy a new car and a motorbike
    -Build a top of the line computer
    -Give about 2mill to each of my siblings and parents
    -Give a smaller amount (between 10-50k) to a lot of my friends/people I know....Because what's the point in having money if you have no one to enjoy it with
    -Setup a trust for my kids
    -Build a house
    -Travel the world for a year
    -That's about it...just live the rest of my life in comfort doing whatever I want whenever I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homes for all the family members I'm in contact with, maybe some smaller amount of money for extended family. My closest friends would get a house and a car as well. My little brothers would get college educations. A large amount to charity, probably cancer research. Then I would buy myself a very nice Condo and probably a couple vacations homes, and pick up a few cars, Aston Martin Vanquish, Nissan Silvia/ Skyline, RX-7 FD, maybe a Ferrari not sure which. The rest I would save / invest and try to keep the money coming in.

Then travel, as much as possible.

Deleted
    Probably around the same as you. Pay any debts my closest family members might have built up, donate some money to them and then spoil myself a bit.