Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sigh, when will Blizzard stop making paladin tier stuff look like cyborgs?

Ugh, good luck to SWTOR but I doubt even this would make me wanna play again.

Where's Bibi been? Only seen chaud posting ( dont mind just curious )

Just a note - the Video link for the Warrior set goes to the Challenge Mode set, not T14.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    Where's Bibi been? Only seen chaud posting ( dont mind just curious )
    Slowly plotting France's takeover of the world via the internet and pastries.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I don't understand this at all. Most guilds already recruit and help developing players and when they reach end game, if they are interested in raiding, then guild members help them gear up and learn the fights. I'm wondering why Blizzard feels there is a need for guild mentoring in the first place. And, if they feel there is a need for it, why limit it to one guild per server on only a few servers?
    I think the idea is good and I understand the logic behind it.

They want the new people joining the game to feel welcome and be taught how to behave in a social game properly. Also gives new people a place to go immediately (I assume that's their idea) so they feel like they're not alone and allows that person to have their questions answered that most people in General or Trade chat would mock them for.

Dat DK set. Best of all time. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I don't see what the problem is here, they do plenty to try to educate players, what's the harm in trying something new. Hell, if my realm was on their list I'd sign up.
    Have you ever seen an "official" CC guide during 4.0 either on forums or promoted in game by automated message? Me neither
    Have you ever seen "official" talent, glyph, rotation guides during cata either on forums or promoted in game by automated message? Me neither.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Then why do people bitch when they add things like tutorials in the starting zones, or more detailed tooltips?
    Odd...
    Becuase those things are easy to figure out. Optimal DPS build however... is not.

I don't know about that DK set. I thought it was going to be plate, not a plate dress. I'm either going to end up loving or hating it, when I do wear it.

YES! My DK gets to wear a robe! SO MUCH GLEE!

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Have you ever seen an "official" CC guide during 4.0 either on forums or promoted in game by automated message? Me neither
    Have you ever seen "official" talent, glyph, rotation guides during cata either on forums or promoted in game by automated message? Me neither.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 02:49 PM ----------

Becuase those things are easy to figure out. Optimal DPS build however... is not.
    Why is it a problem to make it easier to figure out?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    I think the idea is good and I understand the logic behind it.

They want the new people joining the game to feel welcome and be taught how to behave in a social game properly. Also gives new people a place to go immediately (I assume that's their idea) so they feel like they're not alone and allows that person to have their questions answered that most people in General or Trade chat would mock them for.
    Yeah, WOW does a good job of teaching many things, but there are always a billion little questions that they can´t anticipate, which is why you want these guilds in place. But probably the biggest thing is just the social aspect. Can anyone really argue that the game is not better if you are in a guild of nice people, and especially for new players, a guild who purposefully signed up to help new players?

The only curious thing about it is that the guild (as new player) will only last 3 months. It sounds like Blizzard has a big marketing event coming soon and expects a bunch of new players all at the same time. Or maybe they are just optimistic about MoP.

The Warrior Video link is to the Challenge Mode set... Not the T14...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I don't understand this at all. Most guilds already recruit and help developing players and when they reach end game, if they are interested in raiding, then guild members help them gear up and learn the fights. I'm wondering why Blizzard feels there is a need for guild mentoring in the first place. And, if they feel there is a need for it, why limit it to one guild per server on only a few servers?
    One of these servers needs this desperately, as it is in such a bad state. Not sure about the other ones they selected.

Deleted
    shammy tier looks nice why my hunter tiers looking so bad

I'm scared for resto shaman again :/

Warlock Challenge and Tier 14 set along with the Death Knight Tier 14 and Season 12 PVP set are my favorite.
    Last edited by Maleagant; 2012-07-11 at 04:16 PM.

I have never heard anyone ask for something like this "guild mentoring program". EVER. Once again blizzard is devoting resources to shit we don't need or ask for. This company is SO detached from the playerbase it's appalling.

---------- Post added 2012-07-11 at 12:16 PM ----------

I must say that DK set is one of the bets we've ever seen. DKs always get the cool brutal tier set, but this one def tops them all. Those lower jaw plates are uber sexy.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB 25 man testing before Heroic 10 man.

lulz death knights get a dress tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    That mentoring program made me giggle. In other words, the ticket queues are too long and they don't want to hire more GMs, so they ask guilds to help out the new players for free. That is assuming part of the tickets are from players asking for assistance that anyone can give.

Geeze, SWTOR is gettin' desperate ain't they.

I like all those tier sets!