Thread: Multidot addon

Deleted

[closed] Multidot addon

Hi there everyone,

What i'm looking for is not the usual multidot tracking addon with a target name and bars with dot timers on it, or at least, I need one of these addon, but with clickable name and/or target frame (because when you have multiple targets it can get a bit messy to target each one of them if they are packed).

I saw a thread a while back (maybe 1,5-2 years ago) asking for a similar addon, but at this time the blizzard API didn't allow to create new target frames to make this possible, but i'm wondering if there is still no way to do this properly.

Thanks for further help

PS: don't give me addons like powerauras/dottimers etc, they can do the tracking, but they can't create targetable frames/names.
    Last edited by mmoc61c45f9687; 2012-07-13 at 08:27 AM.

I just use tidyplates for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnkx...&feature=g-upl (example)
    Last edited by creamo42; 2012-07-12 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spell timers portion of Forte Xorcist can do this I believe. There's an option in there to only show debuffs on your target and you wanna make sure to set it to show without target and group them by unit.

Sorry. As far as clickable frames I don;t think you can do this outside of something like tidy plates with debuffs showing and even then it may be too chaotic to use properly since the plates will move as the mobs do rather than staying on a static spot on your screen.
    Last edited by TheFNK; 2012-07-12 at 05:08 PM.

Maybe changing the button like thumb1 to a mouseover cast sequence. So get something like Tidyplates and use this:

/target mouseover
    /castsequence reset=3 Corruption, Bane of Agony
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    I saw a thread a while back (maybe 1,5-2 years ago) asking for a similar addon, but at this time the blizzard API didn't allow to create new target frames to make this possible, but i'm wondering if there is still no way to do this properly.
    Same situation as back then. Still no way to make it work with multiple mobs with the same name, and you'd have to mouseover all mobs you're going to engage previous to combat. Any mobs spawned in combat would break it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Same situation as back then. Still no way to make it work with multiple mobs with the same name, and you'd have to mouseover all mobs you're going to engage previous to combat. Any mobs spawned in combat would break it, too.
    Is there a way to make an addon like grid that will show the plates of all near hostiles? Seems far fetched but I'm not very afey with the rules.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Deleted
    Should be possible with some trickery, but they wouldn't be clickable.
    (We can't reposition nameplates, before anyone asks.)

As Treeston said, you can list the mobs but you cannot in any way interact with this list to target mobs or cast spells. Like this mod: http://www.wowace.com/addons/magic-targets/

There have been attempts to make addons like this that you can interact with based on entire party's/raid's targets and hope that out of 25 people, each mob will be targetted by at least one player. But they're buggy and unpredictable and you're really hoping for something that in smaller groups may not be true at all. So...those mods never really took off.

The point is no. If blizz wanted you to do the dots the way we heal with hots, they'd have given us the capability. As it stands, turning nameplates on, showing debuffs on them, then dotting mobs my using mouseover macros over the nameplates is the best way to do this.

Forte Xorcist is the best for this.. but you can't make it clickable.

Gonna have to do it the old fashion way you lazy bum :P

I can see the annoyance. On fights like Madness the oozes can always clumped meaning there is a large cluster f*** of names and the debuffs tend to blur into each other

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I can see the annoyance. On fights like Madness the oozes can always clumped meaning there is a large cluster f*** of names and the debuffs tend to blur into each other
    Even with FX or TidyPlates you end up screwed when there are lots of mobs (more than 4-5) packed in the same place.

Well, FX and TidyPlates could do the trick, not that i'm lazy, but i'm loosing precious time when trying to target the mob without dots yet. Long story short: less time targeting = more time dotting ! But well, as far as the API goes, I guess we are kinda fucked on this one.

Thanks for answer though

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, it's Blizzard's fault for the non-existence of such an addon.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.