[Solved] TidyPlates Add On Problem/Question?

Hopefully someone here can help me figure this out.

Add On: TidyPlates 6.6.2 installed via Curse Client
    Listed Author: danltiger but I noticed Syronius said he was the author of the add on in question in another thread here but I cannot PM him yet so I have to make a thread.

Problem: I'm using the DPS hub theme for both themes(specs) and I configured my settings (see bottom two pictures below) to turn the opacity for non-target to 0% that way I only see the nameplates on the person I'm targeting. That's how I want to do it basically only have the nameplates come up for the mob or player that I'm targeting and not show up for all the other enemies within the area. All other enemies nameplates would be hidden and I'de just see their name in whatever color red/yellow/etc until I target them and then the tidyplates nameplate would come up.

HOWEVER now when I get close to a mob their default red/yellow text of their name disappears. I understand what's happening because IIRC that's when the nameplates would originally show up once you got close enough to them but since I got it set to 0% it's just disappears their name and the nameplates are hidden for non-targets so I see nothing.

Here's some screenshots I took to explain it better, visually.

Raptor is targeted with the nameplates toggled on with V but I'm out at a longer range/distance so nameplates are not showing up.

I move up a bit, and the nameplate pops up. Everything is working good cuz I had him targeted.

Now here is where it gets tricky...

Un-targeted Raptor with nameplates toggled on with V but I'm out at a longer range/distance so nameplates are not showing up. No difference really than the first pic.

I move in closer and BOOM name disappears...

I would like for the red name to stay there but what I think is happening is the nameplate is coming up replacing it but at a opacity of 0% for non-target (which is how I have it set because I want it so I don't see tons of nameplates when surrounded by mobs).

Here are my settings:

I was wondering if there's any way or any setting that will allow me to still see their names when I hide the nameplates?

Maybe the Filter settings need to be changed?

Or is there some better way I can set this whole thing up to only show nameplates of current target within the settings?

So I'm not hiding the non-target opacity to 0% but to where the nameplate only show up for target not non-targets? That way the red names wouldn't disappear to 0% opacity when I got within range of them?

I know the easy thing to do is just toggle nameplates on or off with V to see the red nameplates but I would like to ALWAYS use the nameplates that TidyPlates add on gives me for my target to track things like Rend and their health bar. Just not for the mobs I don't have targeted though. But I'de still like to see enemy mobs red names when I get within range rather then having them disappear.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-07-13 at 08:58 PM.

there is option at the general window to only show plates while in combat

or umm try ticking use target opacity when no target exist

i still recommend trying only having nameplates while in combat
    Last edited by Archimand; 2012-07-13 at 03:55 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

I don't think the show plates in combat hide when out thing works... I tried it and tested it out it just did the same thing. I could have F'd up somehow though.

As for the other thing that will just make them all 100% opacity so everyone will have nameplates up which is exactly what I didn't want but I don't think there is a answer or fix to this problem after fiddling around with the settings. I guess I'll just have to put non-target opacity up from 0% to like 25% and if I go somewhere where there's too many enemies and thus too many nameplates on screen then I'll toggle them all on/off with V.

Not at my WoW install at the moment, but isn't there options for scaling the nameplate for your current target/non-target? If you're not interested in names, but just want to see something, that might work. (might only be an option for Threat Plates, not sure about other themes)
    Moo.

Deleted
    There is an option to only show the bar on your target and the name for your non-targets, but it still makes the non-target names click-able, which you might not want?
    The option is at the very top under style, for enemy nameplates, chose "Bar on current target, Headline on other units"

Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    There is an option to only show the bar on your target and the name for your non-targets, but it still makes the non-target names click-able, which you might not want?
    The option is at the very top under style, for enemy nameplates, chose "Bar on current target, Headline on other units"
    Thank you. That's exactly what I needed. I don't know how I missed that when I scrolled through the options